no more driving issues

I don't know if someone else has talked about this before in this forum but i want to share this important info:

For those who are having a hard time driving in assetto corsa:

Increase the FOV to 85 and give it a go.

NO MORE WEIRD PHYSICS, you should drive smooth now:)

Only a single output from the physics should be sent to the ffb and that should relate to torque through the steering column.

Reminds me of someone saying the carts in pcars had no physics when what they really meant was, the cars had very weak ffb.

If a change in the FOV changes the physics then something is very broken.

since the physics travels trhough your controller and if the fov alters your perception of the right timings, I assume that a wrong fov will end up giving you a wrong physics feedback!

since the physics travels trhough your controller and if the fov alters your perception of the right timings, I assume that a wrong fov will end up giving you a wrong physics feedback!

Just no.

The physics are the same... lower FOV will give you less things to see, thus lessening the sense of speed, whilst higher FOV will show you more next to the car, giving you a higher sense of speed.

Other than that, nothing changes - the physics stay exactly the same ;)

Glad I could be of help.

jeez guys, don`t you feel ashamed for turning this thread into this ? over a simple fov recommendation? I kinda feel sorry for the guy..Just to repeat: he stated that he preferred a certain setting that fits his setup, and he KNOWS that changing the FOV does NOT change the physics of the game ITSELF, but the perception and therefore the timing of your reactions, which is absolutely true. Can`t you just leave it at that? NO, you need come with your stupid absolute sim rules, call his post retarded and stuff....jeeez!
I am seriously excited with what you come up next. Or not. #makeupyourmind

jeez guys, don`t you feel ashamed for turning this thread into this ? over a simple fov recommendation? I kinda feel sorry for the guy..Just to repeat: he stated that he preferred a certain setting that fits his setup, and he KNOWS that changing the FOV does NOT change the physics of the game ITSELF, but the perception and therefore the timing of your reactions, which is absolutely true. Can`t you just leave it at that? NO, you need come with your stupid absolute sim rules, call his post retarded and stuff....jeeez!
I am seriously excited with what you come up next. Or not. #makeupyourmind

I wasn't calling names, instead the OP suggested that I should go and see a doctor for reasons only he seems to know. Whatever I am not so sure, I mean what is coming up next? High graphic settings creating a slide show which in return cause weird looks, sore eyes which is the fault of the developer, maybe the physics engine again?

The problem at hand is obviously misinformation in general, not so much the talk about fov, sense of speed and physics. ;)

Last edited:
Just no.

The physics are the same... lower FOV will give you less things to see, thus lessening the sense of speed, whilst higher FOV will show you more next to the car, giving you a higher sense of speed.

Other than that, nothing changes - the physics stay exactly the same ;)

Glad I could be of help.

When i said no more weird Physics, im implying physics feedback. so i'll refrase:
fov alters your reactions and therefore your Physics perception.
hope all is clear now:)

Only a single output from the physics should be sent to the ffb and that should relate to torque through the steering column.

Reminds me of someone saying the carts in pcars had no physics when what they really meant was, the cars had very weak ffb.

If a change in the FOV changes the physics then something is very broken.

Well I certainly had that feeling...specialy when watching the replays of laps done with fov at 85. the car behaviour was much more real.
but sincerely i also hope it is just a visual improvment!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back