Nico Rosberg

Nice comment from Perez,

Rosberg faster than Vettel says Perez

Nico Rosberg is the “fastest German” in Formula One, according to new McLaren driver Sergio Perez.
Mexican Perez, who has switched from his 2012 employer Sauber, told Sport Bild he thinks Mercedes’ Rosberg – the winner of one grand prix – is ultimately quicker than reigning three-time world champion Sebastian Vettel.
“In terms of pure speed, Nico Rosberg is the fastest German,” Perez is quoted as saying.
“But Sebastian is the more complete driver and a great champion,” the 22-year-old added.

Source

Well there might be some truth in that statement actually. I find Nico together with Heikki the most underestimated driver in the current Formula 1.

Curious to see where he stands with Lewis as his teammate.

I expect Hamilton to beat Rosberg, but not by a larger margin and if Rosberg actually beats Hamilton, it won't come as a huge surprise.
It should be awesome to watch the two duke it out in qualifying. Hamilton may be regarded as the fastest driver on the grid, but Rosberg occasionally puts a pretty insane lap together. In Shanghai 2012, he didn't just get pole, he actually beat MSC and HAM by half a second. Qualifying 3rd in Turkey 2011 ahead of Hamilton in a dramatically worse car is also a good example of what he can do.
So they both have great qualifying pace, Hamilton is a bit too agressive in the race and Rosberg a bit too cautious. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Also, for the record, I think Hülkenberg is, if not the best German, then at least the one with the greatest potential.

Nah, he just trying to play games with Vettel..Vettel will smoke him this year
They are not in the same cars.
-
Regarding what Perez said, i think he´s right actually.

I have said it many times and i will keep saying it, the fastest drivers in F1 do not get beaten on pure pace by their teammates, it just doesn´t happen.

Vettel being beaten by Di Resta in identical cars in F3 says a lot.

Hamilton and Rosberg has been driving karts for years, Hamilton is definitely the quicker one but i don´t think it´s by much frankly.

They are not in the same cars.
-

Checo Perez is just shooting blanks in the dark,trying to intimidate Vetel ,cuz he knows he's got a good car this year,but imo that wont be enough to save him....Vettel will punish him..hard! This Checo guy needs to take care of Button first before he sets his sights on Vettel:)

If Alonso cant intimidate Vettel,why would Checo...ha

Vettel being beaten by Di Resta in identical cars in F3 says a lot
what hapened in F3 stays in F3...this is F1...faster,more difficult,quicker reactions,refined concentration....many buttons to push...no comparison really...

Nico Rosberg is a great qualifier,no doubt,he can light up those Pirreli tyres on the outlap as good as Hamilton can..and im sure he will give LH a great run for his coin during Q,but if the car is bad they'll both suck during the race...........,so who cares

Intimidate? The guys are driver´s, the guy who gets a superior car will win, simple as that.

Someone like Vettel will,but we dont know about that Checo guy ...yet!
He cocked it up often when he was at Sauber,so lets wait a bit and see,hmm?

Not really. Truly fast = always truly fast.

Di Resta hasnt won a race yet, has he?.......,in fact he hasnt even come close !...but Hulkenberg was on his way in Brazil,...so that logic seems a bit flawed, unless u mean Sebastien Vettel!...with which i would agree 100%

Yeah, Vettel would never do anything like that...
vettel-button-crash.jpg

I'm not sure I understand Markus.Can you be more specific with what that photo is supposed to suggest
You said that you're unsure about how Perez will perform because he's made some mistakes in the past, while praising Vettel at the same time. However, Vettel has been involved in a whole bunch of crap in his first four seasons and the incident above even earned him the nickname "crash-kiddie"...

No everyone who gets a superior car will win the championship.

So far it´s been Schumacher and Vettel who has enjoyed that particular feeling.
Maybe Button as well for half a season.

Not sure why you are comparing Perez to Vettel, Perez made a Vettel/Rosberg comparison.

Di Resta hasnt won a race yet, has he?.......,in fact he hasnt even come close !...but Hulkenberg was on his way in Brazil,...so that logic seems a bit flawed, unless u mean Sebastien Vettel!...with which i would agree 100%
Di Resta haven´t been in a car that´s been dominant for 3,5 years.
Neither have Hulk.
And looking at mistakes they probably made less mistakes the Vettel in 2012.

I see you are one of those guys who looks at the amount of titles and judge how good the driver is from that.
When in reality it´s 90% car 10% driver meaning whoever hits the jackpot at the right time gets to go home with all the cash.

Schumi did it, Vettel did it. Vettel got into RBR at exactly the right moment. And twice he narrowly taken the title in which he was never considered to be the best driver on the grid.

Just imagine Red Bull without Newey. Still think Vettel would be a 3 time champ?

Not sure why you are comparing Perez to Vettel, Perez made a Vettel/Rosberg comparison.

Im not comparing them: Perez is: and why do you think the Vettel/Rosberg comparison? Whats the reason behind it? Obviously this poor block has no clue who is faster,so why the statement?

Here's my reason: He thinks he can beat him this season because he has a Macca car under him........so he tries simple intimidation tactics! Very simple tactics..almost cheap!
But Checo's a long way from being a WDC

I see you are one of those guys who looks at the amount of titles and judge how good the driver is from that.
When in reality it´s 90% car 10% driver meaning whoever hits the jackpot at the right time gets to go home with all the cash.

Schumi did it, Vettel did it. Vettel got into RBR at exactly the right moment. And twice he narrowly taken the title in which he was never considered to be the best driver on the grid.

Just imagine Red Bull without Newey. Still think Vettel would be a 3 time champ?.

Brother look at it this way: it doesnt matter how fast Lewis Hamilton is...what matters is how many WDC's he got under his name...it's about the cars you drive and the teams you race for...thats it.!!!! If you aint got the statistics .......you got nothing

i keep repeating myself here

I respect Perez's Opinion as every one has their one but i don't agree with him about Rosberg is the quickest.
Yes Vettel do mistakes but that doesn't mean he was a Slow driver who has the quickest car.
He Pulled amazing laps when he was not in a situation.When ever he was pushed he just Pulled a Good lap.
Like Australia 2011. Surely even the RB7 was quick i don't think it was capable of Having 0.7 gap over a Driver like Lewis Hamilton who was Quickest driver on the Grid ahead of Vettel. Laps like Monaco 2011, Spa 2011, Monza 2011, Japan 2011, Abudhabi 2010,2011. Valencia 2012, Montreal 2012 or Texas 2012 are examples for that.
Rosberg is Quick but i don't think he was as quick as Vettel. You can be on Pole when your car is good but Edging from the Field by 0.3 or More gap in one Lap is not a Easy thing and Doing it more than twice in a Season is Phenomenal thing in my view. In doing this Both Vettel and Hamilton are experts.

Im not comparing them: Perez is: and why do you think the Vettel/Rosberg comparison? Whats the reason behind it? Obviously this poor block has no clue who is faster,so why the statement?

Here's my reason: He thinks he can beat him this season because he has a Macca car under him........so he tries simple intimidation tactics! Very simple tactics..almost cheap!
But Checo's a long way from being a WDC
Yea because saying that will in any way affect a driver... people are not superstitious and they don´t get phased by simple comments on who a driver thinks is fastest.
The season haven´t even started. Do you really think Vettel is gonna think about that?

Clearly it´s not to intimidate anyone but rather his opinion (which i´m sure holds more weight then yours or mine)

Brother look at it this way: it doesnt matter how fast Lewis Hamilton is...what matters is how many WDC's he got under his name...it's about the cars you drive and the teams you race for...thats it.!!!! If you aint got the statistics .......you got nothing

i keep repeating myself here
Wrong.
There´s a reason why guys like Villeneuve ranks higher then Schumacher despite his 7 titles.
Titles means nothing. Speed does.

Also a reason why Senna is regarded number 1 by most and not Schumi.
Titles are dependent on car designer making a good car, it says nothing about how good you are as a driver.

Villenueve ranks higher then Schumacher?

Break that down for me,plz..

and lets leave Senna out of this,since i intend to get some sleep tnite

edit: Also touch up on Perez's comment and how he came up to the realization that Rosberg was somehow faster then Vettel

edit 1 : no essays plz,just give me a couple of solid lines that'll make me see your point

Villenueve ranks higher then Schumacher?
In terms of being one of the absolute greats, yea without a doubt.
Again, titles means nothing when you speak of greatest.

Now if you were to talk about most successful then Schumacher is definitely number 1.
Successful does not mean greatest though.

Break that down for me,plz..
Watch Villeneuve instead and you´ll realize it yourself.

and lets leave Senna out of this,since i intend to get some sleep tnite
Will be hard to counter that argument so i fully understand you.

edit: Also touch up on Perez's comment and how he came up to the realization that Rosberg was somehow faster then Vettel
it´s his opinion! how he came to his opinion maybe you should ask him.

Villenueve is one of the absolute greats? ..greater then Schumaher you say!
You know ive watched Jacques drive ,but his career was more down then it was up,that it really never made much impression to me....he is no greater then the average one time WDC winner to me...i put him in the same braket as LH....sorry.
He is definetely one of the greatest complainers that graced the face of F1 though

As for Senna...there is nothing to counter....Schumaher raced him in an inferior car and gave him a hard time to the point where it rattled him enough to play dirty...enough said

As for Perez:I could care less for any of Sergio Perez's opinions...the guy has speed,but also makes a ton of mistakes and lacks consistency...so instead of comparing drivers that are years ahead of him ,he should address all the areas that make him an average driver with a huge financial backing....a Petrov of sorts if you will ...but much much luckier

And how can Vettel be more complete as a driver when Rosberg's been around much longer...total crappola that makes zero sense

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.6%