New to AC, some questions (g27 user)

-I bought AC and I have a g27. I have the Logitech Profiler installed, Is it normal that the game was not detected when I scanned for new games? I also bought Dirt and rFactor 2 and none of them got detected, I had to add them manually.

-Will the game automatically set the g27 soft lock depending on each car? For example, the g27 wheel will not rotate beyond 270 degrees if im in a Formula 1 car, 540 in a rally car, 900 in a street car... just depending on the real car's rotation. Please don't tell me I have to set this up manually everytime I change a car.
Does Dirt and rFactor2 detect automatically wheel rotations too? I remember rFactor 1 didn't, so I had to go to close the game, go the Logitech Profiler, change the rotation degree for the car I wanted to use, and not only that but edit an .ini file for the actual in-game rotation degrees of the car.

-Should I change anything else to get the best g27 experience?

THANKS

Last edited:
The "soft lock" (meaning that the steering wheel stops rotation at the designed angle) is an option in Assetto Corsa. It is actually "experimental" so not perfect, a little bouncy when the wheel reaches the lock. I use it though and I find it very useful. To enable soft lock, go to your game folder, which is usually in
\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini
Then at the bottom- [SOFT_LOCK] ENABLED=1

I do not own a G27 so I cannot help on that. I know there is an app to optimize the FFB with this wheel, you can check this thread: www.racedepartment.com/threads/guide-for-g27-and-other-wheels-configuration.134490/

Last edited:
If you are a new user please don't open ANY .ini file. The risk of mess up something and ruin the experience is quite high!
The in-game configuration is all you need to setup AC, forget about the tweaks.

Not even the one mentioned in reddit here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/assettocorsa/comments/1umf8e/having_trouble_catching_slides_try_this/

I am not sure if this a common knowledge by now, but I haven't found a post here so I decided to make one. Because after this the steering was finally right for me and made AC feel like an entirely different game:

Go to your steam directory and find this file: /steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg/dx11.ini

Change

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=0

to

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1

Maybe also turn off Vysnc.

Enjoy!

I was using 540 deg. settings in the Logitech profiler for G27 most of the time. Default settings (900 deg in the profiler) I found turning way to slow. After generating LUT file and using FFBClip app fo AC the ffb was surprisingly good. Much better then before.

900° ingame and profiler (ingame slightly lower if your visual wheel isn't perfectly synced with your real one).
100% profiler, 100% ingame ffb.
Keep kerb and road effects as low as possible as they just induce rumble noise. I have them at 2-8%.
Abs and slide effects are at 20-25% for me. I like to get some feedback about wheelspin and lockups!

Then there is the minimum force slider...
Raise it until it feels good for you.

Ffbclip is awesome but if you are new and have no clue: don't use it.
The dynamic mode feels great but in My opinion it distorts your muscle memory. Also a bit of clipping isn't that bad, Stefano mentioned it a few times, that the clipping isn't the incarnation of pure evil :p

Just use numpad + and - to adjust certain cars.
The g27 is a weak wheel so to be at least kind of nice, you should always use the full dynamic range of the ffb motor. That means 100% profiler and ingame. Above that and forces get cut off.
Beware that changes of the ffb strength or Max degree will change the minimum force and maximum force. The lower the max degree, the stronger the forces.

I see my guide is mentioned here. As @Giovaneveterano stated: please don't mess with the ini files. You can have a great experience with the normal ingame settings!
If you ever want to mess with ini files, I'll gladly help you of course :)

Anyway, welcome to the world of AC. Shout if you need anything!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back