[NEW] Thrustmaster T-GT Steering Wheel

samcar304

Premium
Hello,

The new Thrustmaster wheel was unveiled at E3 and apparently will retail for £699.99 releasing on the same day as GT Sport.

This quote is from an Article on a Simracing news site.

"The company equips the T-GT with its new T-40VE motor. This uses an integrated cooling system that the company calls T-MCE (motor cooling embedded), placed within the motor itself. It claims that this allows for better heat transfer and dissipation than previous models.

The Thrustmaster field oriented control system (T-FOC) uses Hall effect sensors to detect the wheel’s position more accurately than before.

A new feature dubbed ‘T-DFB’ (or ‘depth feedback’) aims to provide further clarity of feedback through the steering wheel rim. Thrustmaster comments that the system will allow users to better identify tire movement and surface conditions. The feature will be exclusive to GT Sport when launched.

Four rotary knobs dot the wheel’s hub. These can be used to adjust the game’s assists on the fly. Likewise, the two mini-sticks will allow easy navigation through menus, in addition to tailoring interior viewpoint positioning and perspective.

The T-GT racing wheel will initially retail for £699.99. This price includes the T-GT wheel base, T-GT wheel rim, T3PGT three-pedal set and power supply.

Thrustmaster has not confirmed an official release window, although the T-GT should launch at the same time as Gran Turismo Sport.
"
PackshotTGT_EMEA.jpg

Thrustmaster-Gran-Turismo-Sport-wheel.jpg

Not sure if I am breaking rules by posting this information here. If I am I apologise and will accept punishment for breaking the rules.

Well I guess that settles the question if I should stick with TM or hop over to Fanatec or a OSW for my next wheel. Time to abandon ship once the T300 gives up.

At £699 for the Thrustmaster that's knocking on the door of an OSW. Sure you get no pedals or steering wheel, but the step up to a direct drive wheel is huge. If you're willing to drop £699 on a wheel then it's not a whole lot more for something that gives a whole lot more.

Upvote 0
Thrustmaster seem to be over saturating their product line. I mean it's not been that long since they released the TP PC racer wheel. And the products they already have,such as the 300 and 500 are already very good products in the mid range budget and are much cheaper than this new one.

Upvote 0
Agreed, this feels like it's a direct competitor to their own TS-PC base.

Oh well, quite happy with my T300 but the next upgrade will from the looks of it have to be outside their ecosystem.

Upvote 0
The biggest practical isse that the Thrustmaster T300 has is cooling. In a long race the FFB turns itself down due to overheating. So the better cooling fixes sound promising.
The "depth feedback" sounds like a nice spin on some vibration motors in the rim ( like in a controller). Maybe they can deal with the high frequency feedback you get in RF2 when tyres are losing grip, who knows.?

Pricing-wise. An OSW with a rim and pedals starts at about £1300. To do it for that you need to source a USB ready# load cell pedal second hand and go the cheapest route on the wheel which is to convert a Fanatec Formula Rim. That takes some considerable soldering skill and £110 worth of adapters, (Physical and electronic).

My point? Most ppl who go the OSW route are either very tech savvy or spend £1500 plus.
So there is a fair bit of head room between £700 and that figure.

The rim itself looks pretty nice if you are into GT cars. Esp the 4 functional rotary encoders.

# If you want to use a standard dumb set of pedal (like say a Fanatec CSR or a Thrustmaster T3PA) vs a set with a load cell and a circuit board that is USB ready then you need to do some homework and learn how to connect it to the OSW circuit board "brains". I finally managed and then that old set of pedals stopped working anyway:O_o:

Upvote 0
The biggest practical isse that the Thrustmaster T300 has is cooling. In a long race the FFB turns itself down due to overheating. So the better cooling fixes sound promising.
The "depth feedback" sounds like a nice spin on some vibration motors in the rim ( like in a controller). Maybe they can deal with the high frequency feedback you get in RF2 when tyres are losing grip, who knows.?

Pricing-wise. An OSW with a rim and pedals starts at about £1300. To do it for that you need to source a USB ready# load cell pedal second hand and go the cheapest route on the wheel which is to convert a Fanatec Formula Rim. That takes some considerable soldering skill and £110 worth of adapters, (Physical and electronic).

My point? Most ppl who go the OSW route are either very tech savvy or spend £1500 plus.
So there is a fair bit of head room between £700 and that figure.

The rim itself looks pretty nice if you are into GT cars. Esp the 4 functional rotary encoders.

# If you want to use a standard dumb set of pedal (like say a Fanatec CSR or a Thrustmaster T3PA) vs a set with a load cell and a circuit board that is USB ready then you need to do some homework and learn how to connect it to the OSW circuit board "brains". I finally managed and then that old set of pedals stopped working anyway:O_o:

You're right there is headroom in cost. Going down the OSW route opens up many options for pedals and wheel button plates. But that's also the good thing about the setup it's totally modular. It's unlikely anybody is going from nothing to an OSW so it's possible you can repurpose the pedals from your old setup, and separate shifter if you have one. Add a eBay rim and a budget buttonplate like this (https://sim-gear.co.uk/collections/button-boxes/products/big-box-300mm-omp-trecento) and away you go. So around £1000 is possible.

Upvote 0
so it's possible you can repurpose the pedals from your old setup, and separate shifter if you have one. Add a eBay rim and a budget buttonplate like this (https://sim-gear.co.uk/collections/button-boxes/products/big-box-300mm-omp-trecento) and away you go. So around £1000 is possible.
Hmm well from an accounting perpective that sort of doesnt work.
You get a brand new set of pedals with the new thrustmaster wheel in question so its only fair to ascribe it a value. If you can repurpose old ones with OSW you can also do it with the T'Master and sell off the new ones;) so they have a value. I suggest that to be fair we need to cost pedals.

but not massively out of place next to the fugly industrial motor with two big cables poking out. :)
I do like that button box you linked.
and yes the 20NM motor is big but it is big in a badass way. Very industrial, very good.Once you have driven it it becomes beautiful.
some pics
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/show-your-cockpit.19/page-146#post-2286380

Upvote 0
You get a brand new set of pedals with the new thrustmaster wheel in question so its only fair to ascribe it a value. If you can repurpose old ones with OSW you can also do it with the T'Master and sell off the new ones;) so they have a value. I suggest that to be fair we need to cost pedals.

All I'm making a point on is the is the modularity opens different options to lower the single hit expense of stepping up to an OSW. For example when I upgraded to a direct drive from all Fanatec gear, I kept the Fanatec pedals and shifter. The pedals and shifter were bought two years previously. Yes total value of the gear is more that's obvious. Since I've spread the cost over two years it not a big deal. The advantage of modularity.

Upvote 0

I do like that button box you linked.
and yes the 20NM motor is big but it is big in a badass way. Very industrial, very good.Once you have driven it it becomes beautiful.
some pics
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/show-your-cockpit.19/page-146#post-2286380
I came on here for a good moan. And now I've seen your wheel,my misses may be moaning at me in the near future. ;)

Upvote 0
And why don't thet sell the ts pc racer rim in separate? ... why can't a t300 or a t500 owner buy one of those? ecosystem???? ahaha

btw.. why don't they sell the new servo motor in separate? ecosystem???

hahaah

Upvote 0
Point taken, We'll just have to agree that we cater to different customer base. We cant be offering DSD/Leo boards and NKK/Knitter switches for free now can we ? Legit CF plates/paddles and CST Encoder's all come at a cost. Also Conversion rate. 140=94 ;)

Credit where credit is due however, for the $$ that's a smokin deal you guys offer. Keep it up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back