Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Finally finished my rig :thumbsup:.

IMG_20160625_125715.jpg
IMG_20160625_125638.jpg
IMG_20160625_125723.jpg
IMG_20160625_125825.jpg

Nice job David, Did you use a Teensy LC to hotwire the fanatec ?
I used the bodnar chip. Only as I didnt know about teensy then.

@Emery Yes when i brake hard it can tilt back and i do a Santa on his sled impression.
When I lengthen the rear "runners" it will be fine.
@Lazarou Yes like you and Carmen Jorda a simple cheque made me part of the renault team!!

The rug is genuine persian! Not an Ikea knockoff.

Here is my new'ish (about one month old) VR purpose built sim racing rig. I should have gone with 80/20 tube for the rig chassis. But I didn't. I got lazy and ordered the N1 chassis from RSeat instead. It's not a bad rig. It's definitely solid and the monitor stand is not connected to the chassis. But the rig has a few warts. As I said I should have gone down the 80/20 route. But I will live with the RSeat, at least for now.

20160809_1.jpg

and as you may be able to see, I am using the Vive as my VR HMD which means no iRacing for me until they support the HTC device. The rig is full of compromises to keep costs down as I chose to use the Fanatec V2 Wheel Hub, Porsche 911 Wheel, Formula Wheel, the Fanatec V3 pedals and the 2 in 1 shifter instead of using high end DD wheels and high end pedals. But I did not compromise on the computer. It's a i7 6700 CPU with 16 gigs of RAM and it is sporting the 1080 GPU.

As a Vive owner I have to use two lighthouses. Here is the Lighthouse located in the northwest corner of the room. Note I also went with a 4-point harness on the seat as I was noticing I was leaning too much in some of the turns and the harness keeps me in place plus adds to the VR immersion factor.

20160809_2.jpg

and here is the Lighthouse located in the southeast corner of the room.

20160809_3.jpg

Hi guys,

I am looking to see if a few people would volunteer to take some pictures of their setup and allow me to use the pictures in an article that I am writing about getting into sim racing. I am looking for clean, high quality pictures that can be included. I would like to have a picture of a basic setup (with a wheel on a desk with an office chair), one with a more moderate setup with a chassis or rig like a playseat and possibly a button box or an additional live telemetry screen (could be single or triple screens), and then a higher end setup with triples as well as some other peripherals and perhaps tactile feedback such as transducers or even a motion system. I am also hoping to find a picture of a triple setup that is helps to convey the possible immersion. So something along the lines of a screenshot from some of the videos people have posted but as a still shot of the driver,car,track etc.

This is an article for a weekly e-newsletter that goes out primarily to track day enthusiasts and club racers. I am not a writer but was asked to do this, and I am hoping there will be some people that have some nice quality photos that they will give me permission to use. The emphasis will be on photo quality and an aesthetically pleasing picture over anything else. I will be finishing the article this week, so feel free to either post up some pictures that you don't mind me using or send me a message.

Thanks!
Slalom

Hi guys,

I am looking to see if a few people would volunteer to take some pictures of their setup and allow me to use the pictures in an article that I am writing about getting into sim racing. I am looking for clean, high quality pictures that can be included. I would like to have a picture of a basic setup (with a wheel on a desk with an office chair), one with a more moderate setup with a chassis or rig like a playseat and possibly a button box or an additional live telemetry screen (could be single or triple screens), and then a higher end setup with triples as well as some other peripherals and perhaps tactile feedback such as transducers or even a motion system. I am also hoping to find a picture of a triple setup that is helps to convey the possible immersion. So something along the lines of a screenshot from some of the videos people have posted but as a still shot of the driver,car,track etc.

This is an article for a weekly e-newsletter that goes out primarily to track day enthusiasts and club racers. I am not a writer but was asked to do this, and I am hoping there will be some people that have some nice quality photos that they will give me permission to use. The emphasis will be on photo quality and an aesthetically pleasing picture over anything else. I will be finishing the article this week, so feel free to either post up some pictures that you don't mind me using or send me a message.

Thanks!
Slalom
I can send you some photos of the Wheelstand Pro. Perfect for someone who can't fit a full rig or someone who is console racing from the couch.

4D934RE.jpg

RSeat RS1 Frame | Fanatec CSW V2 | Fanatec Xbox One Universal Wheel Hub | Nardi Personal Grintas 330mm Wheel | Fanatec CSP V3 | Fanatec CSS 1.5 | Fanatec Handbrake| DSD 2014 Black Max II Button box |Recaro Pole Position Bucket Seat | Buttkicker Mini LFE (x2) | Beringer iNuke 1000DSP

Triple ASUS MG279Q 1440P 144hz IPS Monitors | ASUS PB287Q 4K 60hz Monitor | HTC VIVE

Case Labs Mercury S5 Chassis | ASUS X99M-WS Motherboard | Intel i7 5820K | 16GB Ram | Crossfire R9 FURY X | HyperX Predator 240GB PCIE SSD | Toshiba 4TB HDD | All liquid cooled

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%