1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

New(ish) to R3E

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Hyper_Fusion, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Hi all, me and some friends have just moved over to R3E. Dose anyone have any advice what are first packs should be and mods?
    Also we will want to join a group/club. We are really clean racers and take it seriously (cant stand being taken out on purpose).
    Thanks in advance for any comments.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

club here
    depends what you like, i like everything :))so have all content but for club racing, for sure get some GT3 cars, get the eurotrack pack, wtcc15 will be popular and NSU (the small shitty car is very fun to drive and close racing)
    hope to see you soon on track

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

PLEASE, before you buy anything, please have a look in the pricing tips thread here as a sticky. Please read it carefully before purchasing. This should save you a decent amount of money.
    Your best buy is DTM 92, if you want a challenge Group 5 would be yours. Make sure you get as many tracks as possible (buy the cheapest packs that include tracks, you never pay twice if you own something already).
    For all content not in a pack: What you don't need immediately, you could opt to wait for a sale (Summer Sale should be next, you missed Easter Sale).
    But please, read this sticky pricing thread!

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Best way to buy can be found here.
    C
    heck out our club races and how you can take part upcoming events can be found here.
    If you check out some of the previous races that will give you an idea of what we race most often, bearing in mind that new content does tend to influence choices:).
    Incidentaly welcome to Race Department, hope you enjoy your time here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Phil Davies

Phil Davies
    Fix it till it's broke,Then fix it some more. Premium Member

I highly recommend crew chief as there are no flags in Raceroom as yet,Here's a link-https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/offical-release-of-crew-chief-version-4-auto-updating-and-shiny.2516/
    And Mr C's Set-up developer pack is very useful-http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/looking-for-a-tune.117558/
    The RD Race club is very friendly and fun,we have good clean racers,a great bunch of people.It'd be great to see you and your friends on the grid :thumbsup:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Cheers all for the good info.
    Crue Chief looks great and lots of organized races too.
    We have been playing racing sims since Race07 came out and then came across Simraceway 3 years ago, which in fairness had everything we wanted, live races, challenges ect. But it is time to try something new.
    Everything here is ticking right boxes for me :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Also, does game name need to be the same in the forum?

8. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    RDs Ion-Engine....0-60 in six days. Staff Premium Member

In a way, yes.
    One RaceDepartment rule is that everyone races under their real name.
    No acronyms, nicknames or the like.
    In the forums you're welcome to use whatever name you like, though your real name also has to be in there in order to sign up for races.

As for content-purchase, it depends a lot on what tickles your particular fancy.
    The Euro track-pack is a pretty safe bet, as is some sort of GT3 car.
    Until there's a GTR3 pack I'd go for the ADAC '14, since that features most of the models.
    If FWD is more your thing, the WTCC '15 is the best right now, and we feature a weekly race with them every Thursday.
    But again, personal taste is definitely a factor, and I don't think I know anyone who races ALL the R3E Club events. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

I forgot to add, and Lars reminded me now of it, in the Raceroom.com store (not the in-game store), you can buy ADAC 14 for 10 Euros. Includes 8 or 9 tracks. Then after that start buying packs one by one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

I would add to @Lars Hansen's reply that only premium members can see your real name. For instance, you will see the name of the poster above this one as 4 8 15 etc. A premium member sees his real name as well.

11. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

You might want a chat with our own Asfalt Razer. ;) I'm sure that's not his real name. Just a guess though.:whistling::whistling:

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Sad Sad x 1
  12. I have used my real name in the game, just not here in the forum.
    Although a friend of mine hasn't got his real name in the game, how does he change his name in the game?

13. Erik Springelkamp

Erik Springelkamp
    Premium Member

That is an option in your profile page.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Metalogic

Metalogic
    Premium Member

Am also an R3E newbie. I bought the ADAC 2014 pack via the Raceroom website for less than 10 euros, and also picked up the (still discounted) European track pack through the in-game shop after buying a bulk pack of vRP. There was a recent sale where I also picked up a GT3 skin or two for each of the ADAC cars, as well as the missing GT3 cars (Ruf, Ford GT, Alpina etc.). I also picked up the NSU pack. That should keep me busy for a while....

• Like Like x 2
  15. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

So why not join us on the track and have some fun.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Metalogic

Metalogic
    Premium Member

Soon... @Lars Hansen is giving me some lessons online this afternoon

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen

He will, don't worry.
    Doing some basic training later today. :)

• Love Love x 2
  18. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

Tell him you want to learn Macau:roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen

Not. Funny. :p

• Haha Haha x 2