New(ish) to R3E

PLEASE, before you buy anything, please have a look in the pricing tips thread here as a sticky. Please read it carefully before purchasing. This should save you a decent amount of money.
Your best buy is DTM 92, if you want a challenge Group 5 would be yours. Make sure you get as many tracks as possible (buy the cheapest packs that include tracks, you never pay twice if you own something already).
For all content not in a pack: What you don't need immediately, you could opt to wait for a sale (Summer Sale should be next, you missed Easter Sale).
But please, read this sticky pricing thread!

Best way to buy can be found here.
C
heck out our club races and how you can take part upcoming events can be found here.
If you check out some of the previous races that will give you an idea of what we race most often, bearing in mind that new content does tend to influence choices:).
Incidentaly welcome to Race Department, hope you enjoy your time here.

I highly recommend crew chief as there are no flags in Raceroom as yet,Here's a link-https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/offical-release-of-crew-chief-version-4-auto-updating-and-shiny.2516/
And Mr C's Set-up developer pack is very useful-http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/looking-for-a-tune.117558/
The RD Race club is very friendly and fun,we have good clean racers,a great bunch of people.It'd be great to see you and your friends on the grid :thumbsup:.

Cheers all for the good info.
Crue Chief looks great and lots of organized races too.
We have been playing racing sims since Race07 came out and then came across Simraceway 3 years ago, which in fairness had everything we wanted, live races, challenges ect. But it is time to try something new.
Everything here is ticking right boxes for me :thumbsup:

Also, does game name need to be the same in the forum?
In a way, yes.
One RaceDepartment rule is that everyone races under their real name.
No acronyms, nicknames or the like.
In the forums you're welcome to use whatever name you like, though your real name also has to be in there in order to sign up for races.

As for content-purchase, it depends a lot on what tickles your particular fancy.
The Euro track-pack is a pretty safe bet, as is some sort of GT3 car.
Until there's a GTR3 pack I'd go for the ADAC '14, since that features most of the models.
If FWD is more your thing, the WTCC '15 is the best right now, and we feature a weekly race with them every Thursday.
But again, personal taste is definitely a factor, and I don't think I know anyone who races ALL the R3E Club events. :)

Am also an R3E newbie. I bought the ADAC 2014 pack via the Raceroom website for less than 10 euros, and also picked up the (still discounted) European track pack through the in-game shop after buying a bulk pack of vRP. There was a recent sale where I also picked up a GT3 skin or two for each of the ADAC cars, as well as the missing GT3 cars (Ruf, Ford GT, Alpina etc.). I also picked up the NSU pack. That should keep me busy for a while....

Am also an R3E newbie. I bought the ADAC 2014 pack via the Raceroom website for less than 10 euros, and also picked up the (still discounted) European track pack through the in-game shop after buying a bulk pack of vRP. There was a recent sale where I also picked up a GT3 skin or two for each of the ADAC cars, as well as the missing GT3 cars (Ruf, Ford GT, Alpina etc.). I also picked up the NSU pack. That should keep me busy for a while....
So why not join us on the track and have some fun.:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back