Need for Speed: World

Need For Speed: World, the most recent NFS title, is now free to play for everyone.

Originally, the game was free up until level 10, after which you had to buy the starter pack to continue playing. However, EA has now lifted this limitation, meaning that everyone can now play the entire game free of charge.

Considered the spiritual successor to the ill-fated Motor City Online, NFS: World allows you to explore a large online open world in the car of your choice, building rankings and increasing your reputation like a normal RPG. It's not exactly a "sim" per se, but it's good for some fun with friends. Since it's now free of charge, it's definitely worth a look-in.

Here is EA's official news article: http://world.needforspeed.com/news#9298

need-for-speed-world.jpg

Willie Watt;602400 said:
Does than mean that I get my money back for the starter pack then!

If you paid for the starter pack, you get the tier 3 car of your choice to drive for 7 days, or something like that. It's in the link I posted.
I don't think it's much of a compensation to be honest... EA has basically screwed over everyone who forked out money for the starter pack. :frown:

I think most likely they will send some vouchers for a discount on any new ea game...as i do not think they want to have angry users all over them who paid for the game
but it is a nice thing that EA is doing by making it free...will check it later on

Seems a very strange move. Any explanation as to why thet've done it? Was it such a success that they've made their money and don't want to make any more? Was it such a failure that no one was buying it so they decided they might as well give it away?

Chris Hendrich;602647 said:
No wonder it is free. I cant use my wheel with it. Deleted it again right away.
Releasing a racing game without supporting wheels is just stupid.

my G25 works with it but there's limited ffb and no configuration available

To effectively run Need for Speed World, your computer should meet or exceed the following Minimum Specs:

• Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3 / Windows Vista Service Pack 2 / Windows 7
  • DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
  • CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2.0 GHz or AMD X2 4000+ at 2.1GHz or greater
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0 compatible. At least Shader Model 2.0 support
  • Sound Card: DirectX 8.1 compatible
  • Hard Drive: 4 GB of space is required to install the game
  • Internet: 128kbit/s Cable/DSL connection
  • Optical Drive: Not required / NFS WORLD is download only and not available on PCCD / DVD
  • Direct X: Version 9.0c
  • Online Multiplayer: 512 Kbps connection; 2-8 Players
  • Input: Keyboard, Mouse
    • Optional: USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analog Gamepad

min requirements say wheel is optional, just not required.

Lazlo Acera;602745 said:
min requirements say wheel is optional, just not required.

My crappy Logitech Formula Vibration Feedback doesn't work. Maybe they'll sort it out in a patch soon, but the game isn't interesting anyway. At least my sister can drive a pink car around town.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back