Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

For the unlock functions, I press them on the garage menu (where it shows My Cars, Car Lot, Visuals, etc). If I press when already in the car lot or upgrades screen, it doesn't work.

Also note the trainer is for the patched game. Alt-Tab to the trainer and make sure it says it has detected the game.

Edit:

Oh, and on the upgrades screen it still shows the padlocks. Just click the upgrades anyway though, and you should be able to buy them.

Iounas said:
those points are more like experience than reward..except for the millions you earn from them :)

I know, and I don't like the system. Its too easy to level up. A completely mediocre or even flat-out bad driver can hit lvl 50 with no trouble at all. Maybe its just me, but I fail to see the point in a XP/levelling system which does nothing to reflect how good/bad a driver is. But anyway, this is really a discussion for another thread rather than hijacking Anachs. ;)

Iounas said:
You race and race and get like 20000 per win and than you get millions from sponsors for nothing..

Try editing the file above and remove all cash rewards for levelling. If it works, you'll have to rely solely on your event winnings for cash. I might even do that myself after the next patch, when I can return to career mode.

Hi guys,

since I am short of time at the moment, I've be only able to make a "woodhammer" like solution to this matter. All cars are working, without messing the onboard view, but! to achieve this, I had to completely shut down the driver animation. This means you aren't be visible from outside (the AI drivers should work properly).
All other ways I tried, to shut down the onboard animations of the driver only, ends with a messed cockpit view on most cars. Don't know how and when this get fixed without this flaw.

////Installation
!Warning!
To use this mod, you have to completely unpack the hole game, this is timeconsuming (about 30 minutes) and should only be done with a full game backup!
I've wrote a small batch file (Unpack_NFS_SHIFT.bat), which does the unpacking job for you and moves the pakfile folder to a backuplocation. Place the files in the "nfs_no_wheel_no_hands_mod" zip in the root folder of the game where your "shift.exe" is located. If you installed the game on your systemdrive you may need to run the batch file with administrator rights. After successfully unpacking, use the "backup_before_nohands_nowheel_mod.bat" to backup all files the mod will overwriter with its installation. Install the mod with the "install_nohands_nowheel_mod.bat" script.
Last step, create a shortcut to your "shift.exe" and edit its properties, add the "-loose" parameter to the patch of the executable.
You can always remove the mod by using the "restore_original_files_after_no_hands_mod.bat" script.
///

http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads/need-for-speed-shift/68/no-hands-wheel-cockpit-wip-1754/

/edit

added a version for an unpacked game
http://forum.racedepartment.com/dow...68/normal-game-no-hands-wheel-cockpit-w-1755/

Download: No hands & wheel in cockpit WIP

Downloads: A new file has been added by Tobias Kluge:

No hands & wheel in cockpit WIP

Hi guys,

since I am short of time at the moment, I've be only able to make a "woodhammer" like solution to this matter (on request in the forum). All cars are working, without messing the onboard view, but! to achieve this, I had to completely shut down the driver animation. This means you aren't be visible from outside (the AI drivers should work properly).
All other ways I tried, to shut down the onboard animations of the driver only, ends with a messed cockpit view on most cars. Don't know how and when this get fixed without this flaw. So this is only WIP and on request, it wouldn't be here otherwise. Sorry.

////Installation
!Warning!
To use this mod, you have to completely unpack the hole game, this is timeconsuming (about 30 minutes) and should only be done with a full game backup!
I've wrote a small batch file (Unpack_NFS_SHIFT.bat), which does the unpacking job for you and moves the pakfile folder to a backuplocation. Place the files in the "nfs_no_wheel_no_hands_mod" zip in the root folder of the game where your "shift.exe" is located. If you installed the game on your systemdrive you may need to run the batch file with administrator rights. After successfully unpacking, use the "backup_before_nohands_nowheel_mod.bat" to backup all files the mod will overwriter with its installation. Install the mod with the "install_nohands_nowheel_mod.bat" script.
Last step, create a shortcut to your "shift.exe" and edit its properties, add the "-loose" parameter to the patch of the executable.
You can always remove the mod by using the "restore_original_files_after_no_hands_mod.bat" script.
///

gtrl.jpg

Entering New Cd-Key

Ok, i recently bought a legit copy of Shift, now sorry guys for i installed a torrent version before because I want to try out games first before buying them.
Now my question - is there a way to edit cd-key in registry editor (regedit) so I can replace the old cd key with a legit. I dont to install the whole game again...

btw, im running windows 7 x64
thanks guys

I just tried a race in a fully upgraded non-works Audi TT with a rating of 11.41. The AI used 7 Vipers which, at stock level, have a rating of 10.0. Obviously its impossible to tell what upgrades the AI may be using.

I tried the same race with a stock Audi TT with a rating of 4.70. The AI used a mix of cars from T1 (probably upgraded) and four BMW M3 E36s which are rated 4.10 at stock level.

This could suggest that the 'Same Class' feature is actually meant to be 'Similar Rating'. Can't be sure though, because my Exige has a rating of 13.2 whereas the stock Zonda F is rated at 16.5. :confused2:

Has anyone confirmed whether this is happening in their game yet?

• TAKU0730

I forgot about this long ago since game just appeared. There is mostly no bug with grip and oversteering or speed downs just go to quick tuning and move a slider all way to oversteer, then move slider on gears a bit more to speed Developers messed with description, i've read that on EA forums long ago.

Hi japamd,

first, great you developed your tool to this extends. Thank you. :victory:

I had one request for the mod delivering :) Right now your injector makes backups of the repacked *bff archives, but if you install mods which change files in the same bff file, there is no way back other than recopy the whole pakefile folder and apply the patches you finally want.
It would be great if your injector tool in conjunction with the compiler, is able to backup the modified files inside the *bff file (with your *bfi script) and restore it, when asked if possible (md5sum?).

So have I. The trouble is that due to the bug this thread is about, entering the tuning options at all causes my upgrades to be completely ignored when starting a race. Its a known bug which will apparently be fixed in the next patch.

Download: No hands & wheel in cockpit WIP normal game installer

Downloads: A new file has been added by Tobias Kluge:

No hands & wheel in cockpit WIP normal game installer

Hi guys,

Driverarms are missing from outside, should be ok for normal replays and racing. So this is only WIP and on request, it wouldn't be here otherwise. Sorry.

1. Installation

This mod is delivered with the genius bff-tools from japamd
http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads/need-for-speed-shift/68/nfs-shift-bff-tools-1740/

In order to install this mod, simple extract the attached zip file and run the "injector.exe" to install. Thats it. No need to unpack the whole game.

Now start the game and test the mod, if you don't like it just executed the "injector.exe" once more to uninstall this mod.

Inside the attached file, there are also the plain unpacked files, for an unpacked game. Backup the vehicles folder first to be on the safe side.

V2:
-driver helmets and body now visible from outside, thanks to a great finding by beepp :bang:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.