Need better GPU ??

I got this result when playing the game using AMD Phenom x4 955 & HD6850
MJOPaYg.jpg

Looks like GPU is run on its full 100% but CPU is just somewhere 70% each core so is that mean i should at least upgrade my GPU to gain better performance playing this game ??

That your gpu is only using itself for what is necessary. Before the gpu was putting out the most frames it could, thus increasing the gpu usage.
Ok so thats mean my HD6850 can run this game in 1920 x 1080 with 4X AA using only 50% usage ?? Good to know :D (Quite a surprise to me to be honest)

Thanks guys for all the useful info :thumbsup:

You'll need to swap brands and get an nvidia gpu ;)

I had the 6870 & Assetto corsa ran ok but when I switched to nvidia all of my games ran alot better.
May i know how better exactly if 6870 already run ok ?? Can you describe how better ?? I dont mind to get nvidia instead off R9 270x but know nothing at all about nvidia.
Nvr use Intel & nvidia card :p

What kind of settings should I be looking at for a I5 3.2 ghz Nvidia GTX 770 and 8gb Ram. I'm not an AC fan to be honest but I keep having a dabble
As long as you have a minimum stable 60fps with medium-full grid of cars, then you're fine. Shadows, post processing effects (and rays, heat effects), and car reflections are the most demanding.

You can try car reflections static-low, mirrors normal, smoke normal, anisotropic 16x, AA 4x (this depends if you are using game AA or forcing nvidia AA), shadows low, world detail max. If you are satisfied with the fps, then you can put higher shadows and mirror quality.
PP effects are fine with any quality setting in terms of visuals, but high-ultra might affect some performance in some systems, so leave at normal.

On a 770 you should really be able to max everything except reflection quality/updates if you're playing at 1080p. The reflections I'm not sure of, the sides per frame (I forget what it's called in the menu now, it's the second slider) is by far the biggest source of framerate hit.

You don't really benefit from higher reflections anyway while driving, it's more of a replay/screenshots thing.

No idea if this will help but I recently had (during a club race as is typical) a notification that pushed me out of the game - "Do you want to change the colour scheme to improve performance?"

Apparently this comes up when you're running the machine close to max as the Windows 7 Aero theme is rather resource heavy - I'd never had it before so I'll be disabling Aero and the notification next time I'm racing - easily worked out with Google Fu.

I'm running a i5 3570k @ 3.4GHz and a Asus GTX780 DirectCU II and 16GB RAM.

It's hugely annoying as it wrecks your race and I've never had it pop up before this weekend.

As said, no idea if it will help but hopefully it might free up some resources.

i just use this program called GBOOST for that , hate that pop up and crashed me many many times , gboost just turns every single thing on my pc off including services etc

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back