NASCAR The Game 2013: Available On Steam

I hope you can fix the problem with multiple controllers. I have an G 25 with pedals from VPP. It's impossible for me to use my VPP pedals with the game and i have no G25 pedals. So i have only the G25 buttoms for throttle and brakes :(.

Hey there, I work at ETX, glad that many seem to be enjoying the PC beta release so far, needless to say any comments in we get regarding bugs/improvements are taken very seriously and we hope we can give you the best experience we can!
Hi JamboGT, welcome to the forum, thanks for watching, keep up the good work, I'm sure others here will offer feedback as the development goes on :)

JamboGT, any chance that the status HUD (revs/damage/gear display) could be made moveable? In triple screen it is way over on the right of the display and means looking across to check it, which is difficult when in high speed racing, and when entering the pits it is hard to keep an eye on the pit entry line and the speedo at the same time. It would be good if it could be in the bottom right corner of the centre screen if possible, or even better, if it was movable. Thanks :)

JamboGT, any chance that the status HUD (revs/damage/gear display) could be made moveable? In triple screen it is way over on the right of the display and means looking across to check it, which is difficult when in high speed racing, and when entering the pits it is hard to keep an eye on the pit entry line and the speedo at the same time. It would be good if it could be in the bottom right corner of the centre screen if possible, or even better, if it was movable. Thanks :)
Hey there, am not sure if we can make it movable but we are working on moving it all to the centre screen, been bugging me as well!

Im happy with the game way better than codemasters. Big NASCAR fan and have spent years trying to find something for PC. And you also get to run at night events.

I have 400pts in first season with 3 wins

My impressions so far:
I have restarted a career several times due to the three patches. After this 3rd patch, it feels more stable for me so I have started a 50% career, currently on event 8 Martinsville, so I have not tried any other tracks down the line, just the first 7.

I have found every race very enjoyable, with the sort of immersion I felt from F1 2012. It still has bugs & points to be fixed/improved, but to me is already a winner over the CM title, simply because the AI are not doing the annoying 'virtual laps' all the time, which ruins F12012 completely IMO.
With NTG13, I get the impression the AI, for whatever faults they may have, are actually doing the laps and not cheating me.

On certain tracks, in the early laps I have been annoyed with the AI as they constantly hustle, knock, push me and put me in the wall, but replays show that it is usually MY fault, and as the race goes on, I improve my lines to match theirs, and the racing gets clean and close. I am hopeful that as I visit these tracks again, my racing will be clean right from the start.
There is no room for error in the racing lines, the AI race hard & close, and once I learn their behaviour on a particular track, the racing is very, very good.

I do think there is variation in difficulty between tracks, which still needs to be improved, but it is hard to judge this for certain - on some tracks I can compete well on default setup, whereas at other tracks I am struggling to stay with the pack and feel I need better setup. I hope this can be balanced a bit better, but if it is me and can be solved by setting the car up better, then I still have to discover this.

Finally, the AI do cause cautions of their own, but very rarely, and they do not sustain enough(any?) damage or retire. This is being worked on by devs.

For now, I have just qualified 16th at Martinsville (medium level, 2x fuel, 50% distance), and my setup feels like it will be a struggle to improve on that position in the race. I will be very happy to finish top 20 or 25 here.

I am enjoying this game, and I hope to see further improvements before the final release, but so far, I am sorely tempted to finally remove F1 2012 from my pc in favour of this - it's not a sim, it's not F1, but it is giving me extremely good racing.

My impressions so far:
I have restarted a career several times due to the three patches. After this 3rd patch, it feels more stable for me so I have started a 50% career, currently on event 8 Martinsville, so I have not tried any other tracks down the line, just the first 7.

I have found every race very enjoyable, with the sort of immersion I felt from F1 2012. It still has bugs & points to be fixed/improved, but to me is already a winner over the CM title, simply because the AI are not doing the annoying 'virtual laps' all the time, which ruins F12012 completely IMO.
With NTG13, I get the impression the AI, for whatever faults they may have, are actually doing the laps and not cheating me.

On certain tracks, in the early laps I have been annoyed with the AI as they constantly hustle, knock, push me and put me in the wall, but replays show that it is usually MY fault, and as the race goes on, I improve my lines to match theirs, and the racing gets clean and close. I am hopeful that as I visit these tracks again, my racing will be clean right from the start.
There is no room for error in the racing lines, the AI race hard & close, and once I learn their behaviour on a particular track, the racing is very, very good.

I do think there is variation in difficulty between tracks, which still needs to be improved, but it is hard to judge this for certain - on some tracks I can compete well on default setup, whereas at other tracks I am struggling to stay with the pack and feel I need better setup. I hope this can be balanced a bit better, but if it is me and can be solved by setting the car up better, then I still have to discover this.

Finally, the AI do cause cautions of their own, but very rarely, and they do not sustain enough(any?) damage or retire. This is being worked on by devs.

For now, I have just qualified 16th at Martinsville (medium level, 2x fuel, 50% distance), and my setup feels like it will be a struggle to improve on that position in the race. I will be very happy to finish top 20 or 25 here.

I am enjoying this game, and I hope to see further improvements before the final release, but so far, I am sorely tempted to finally remove F1 2012 from my pc in favour of this - it's not a sim, it's not F1, but it is giving me extremely good racing.

Now you've really convinced me to get this game and ditch my F1 2012. Though I probably won't purchase it until the final release is made available, but I may still purchase it whilst it's in beta. I would hope that before full release they are going to fix up the remaining bugs and issues - AI causing some more cautions on their own and re-doing the car damage model and more AI retirements, as well as all the differences in track difficulties. If they do, then they will defnitely get my purchase!

I guess the most promising aspect is the AI aren't running "dummy laps" and "dummy times" as they do in F1 2012.

No-one racing this online? While racing the AI may keep me interested for a few hours, the games longevity would come from online races, so does anyone have any experience with that (if at all possible)?

It is possible, but it has only just been added in, and is causing problems for many players at the moment. Devs are working on it. I cannot comment more as I only had a quick try of the online, I usually play offline career mode.

OK so I just saw this on steam, and I am officially intrigued. I will probably get this next month some time and will start racing with controller again at first. When they talk about the career is it currently only the top flight or does the career span the two stock car series right now?

It's the Sprint Cup series only.
Personally I really like this game, it has some of the best racing I have experienced.

No wish to start a war, but for me, it beats Codemasters offerings hands down. Both of these games are 'sim-cade', so there are some 'non-sim' aspects such as the automatic pit control & caution periods. But what gets my vote here is that the AI lap times are believable. I found the F1 2012 AI were constantly 'cheating' - lap times were simulated or programmed 'virtually', and too often the player would lose out as a result. Or more precisely, the immersion is broken (for example when I see something unrealistic in the lap timing or pit stop behaviour).
In NTG13, I have now completed over twenty 50% to 100% races, and regardless of any other faults, the race has remained believable, with AI appearing to behave correctly in relation to lap times & pitstops. [I will not be buying the 2013 CM title unless I am convinced this aspect has been addressed & they've altered their AI programming method].

Back to NTG13: the graphics are superb; the setups actually make a difference to the handling; & the AI tyre wear and fuel use seems to match mine reasonably closely.

The devs are still patching it and I hope they will tweak the AI just a bit more, they are far too aggressive, particularly on the outside line on restarts, the player just gets steamrollered back down the pack. BUT I do not want to sound too negative here - if I can manage to avoid that trouble, the racing really is great.

I would also add, I'm surprised at the lack of interest in the game on this forum. Maybe it is because most users here are European? IMO it's every bit as worthy as GRID2 (not even a cockpit view?), or MotoGP.

The main things in games like this is to keep them active in the forum, if your online post it in this section let people know. Its surprising how you can build up a club real quick..:) all getting together one night for good racing,, thats how it usually starts
if its not to good online though its hard to keep the interest up..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back