F1 2010 My youtube series: Let's Play F1 2010 Career mode on Expert

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
SEASON TWO HAS STARTED

That's right Season 2 of this let's play coming at you! I have heavily modded my game to bring you the closest balls to the wall offline racing you'll ever see.

Sticking with Team Lotus but now as their no 1 driver, join me for another crazy season dissing drivers from all continents in the hunt for my second consecutive WDC crown!

Round 1: Bahrain GP: Round 2: Australian GP:
Round 3: Malaysian GP
Round 4: Chinese GPRound 5: Spanish GP

SEASON ONE

sup guys,

Been working on a youtube series with commentary where I take you along for the ride for an entire season of F1 2010 in career mode with the Lotus on expert difficulty (so no assists, legend ai, fuel and tire sim activated, also no mods installed except the cockpit cam mod).

Includes tips and tricks on how to tackle the circuits and how to handle the car, random ramblings about real F1, the occasional jab at codemaster's not always too masterful coding, and much more!

Check the vids out linked below or you can find all of them on my channel. Please subscribe and give me feedback if you like it :)Hope you enjoy and that it helps some of you guys struggling on expert settings.

race1 Bahrain: 2nd place (no video for that, only thought of doing this series after that race lol)

race 2: Australia - Melbourne

race 3: Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur

race 4: China - Shanghai

race 5: Spain - Catalunya

race 6: Monaco - Monte Carlo

race 7: Turkey- Istanbul

race 8: Canada - Montreal

race 9 : Europe - Valencia

race 10: UK - Silverstone

race 11: Germany- Hockenheim

race 12: Hungary- Hungaroring

race 13: Belgium- Spa Francorchamps

race 14: Italy- Monza

race 15: Singapore- Marina Bay

race 16: Japan - Suzuka

race 17: Korea - Yeongam

race 18: Brazil - Sao Paulo

race 19: Abu Dhabi- Yas Marina

well didn't get round to do valencia this weekend after all, but here it is now!

Thxs I will watch this video later today. Valencia is the next race for me to do. I did some initial practice laps the other night on the track and can drive it pretty much at racing speeds now. But I am sure I am losing some time on the last corner before the start/finish line, so I am curious to see how you take that corner.

Great Vid yet again Steve, I really appreciate your work, as it is a nice break for me to take but along the F1 route :D I think I will have to hold off watching the next couple so I have a few to watch together. And also looking forward to the next series already and hope you do the modded version :D

It will be a fantastic visual reference to the problem's people talk about and experience, two seasons 1 game one is un-modded the other is modded, watch the evidence.... YOU DECIDE lol

p.s Don't feel any shame if *cough* something should happen to Webber I don't :D neither Petrov nor Kubica I feel no sympathy, aw what a shame.

wow I have heard of this before so he may have to get in touch with the author of the mod but I believe it may be a CM bug as their patch fixed Ferrari doing that on certain track's, I can see how it makes life difficult, did he take his epilepsy pill's before the race :pill: here try this Steve :D

(To epilepsy sufferers it's a joke, no offence intended and if you are offended ha bite me lol)

lol
no worries though, I 'fixed' it by switching from FOV 70 to FOV 60 and the epileptic seizure was gone. Now it does switch to Tcam when driving into the pit but that doesnt bother me as it automatically switches back to cockpit view as I exit again.

Finished Silverstone, should be on youtube in a few hours

Well done mate, these vids are really useful. I practised at monaco one evening and was lapping pretty poorly (1.21 ish, hard tyres, torro rosso season 2). I watched your video the next day and was immediately 2 seconds quicker, eventually improving to a 1:17:8 on softs.

@Erad: sweet, happy the vid helped you out, 1.17.8 is a very respectable time on Monaco. This is part of the reason I started doing this: showing people what is possible and help them improve with a good setup, clean racing, and lots and lots of practice.

@ Daniel: I usually cover the setups in the vids, forgot doing that once or twice but most should be on there :)
I'll post the setups when I find time (and the will to do so lol) to note them all down and post here. Would be great if f1 2011 has options to just share your setups online.

silverstone is up now btw:
was a very tricky race, but fairly pleased with the result

Great race mate, not one of my fav track's to drive though. I liked the little sneaky move at the start but agree with you, you had no choice really and very lucky you did not get a drive through at least. I was surprised when you just drove off into the sunset like that :D

Hi Steve,
1st, i like to watch ur series, it's really fun. 2nd, how the hell did u turn off those mirrors, i tried everything, those damn mirrors r always on?

Windows XP SP3, 4GB Ram (3GB usable) E8400 Dual Core, Nvidia GTX460 1GB , Nvidia Driver 266.58

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<hardware_settings_config version="46">
<cpu>
<threadStrategy parallelUpdateRender="true" workerMapFile="system/workerMap2Core.xml" forceFeedbackProcessor="1" dvdStorageProcessor="1" dataSetMonitorProcessor="0" renderProcessor="0" updateProcessor="1" fileStreamProcessor="1" />
</cpu>
<audio_card>
<audio mixing="software" reverbs="2" voices="100" />
</audio_card>
<graphics_card>
<directx forcedx9="false" />
<resolution width="1920" height="1080" aspect="16:9" fullscreen="true" vsync="0" multisampling="2xmsaa" oldWidth="800" oldHeight="600">
<refreshRate rate="60" />
</resolution>
<gamma level="1.0" />
<textures lod="0" />
</graphics_card>
<graphics_detail level="high" />
<shadows enabled="true" size="512" maskQuality="1" />
<headlights headlightQuality="2" />
<particles enabled="true" wind="true" />
<crowd enabled="false" detail="1" />
<cloth enabled="true" detail="1" />
<postprocess enabled="true" blur="false" quality="1" />
<groundcover mode="blended" clutter="true" />
<objects lod="1.3" maxlod="0" />
<trees lod="0.5" maxlod="1" />
<vehicles characterQuality="3" lodQuality="2" />
<envmap faces="6" size="512" forceBilinear="true" />
<water update="true" detail="2" />
<mirrors enabled="false" forceBilinear="false" width="256" height="64" car_maxlod="4" car_culldist="0.0" />
<skidmarks enabled="true" />
<dynamic_ambient_occ enabled="true" />
<track_reflections enabled="true" />
<physics environmentalDamage="true" vehicleDamage="true" />
<motion enabled="true" ip="dbox" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="0" />
</hardware_settings_config>

Nevermind Problem solved!

I have a logitech Driving force GT, quality wheel and pedals (no clutch though) for a reasonable price. Couldn't imagine playing with a controller, so much depends on throttle input, brake pressure, quick steering correction I don't see how some of u guys do it :)

I started F1 2010 with a joystick I still had lying around from playing il-2, all assists except the brakes on (never really played any racing games before except waaay back one of the GP's and gran turismo back on the PS2)... Got a wheel after a week or two of playing....Practice can get you far lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back