My Summer Car Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
My Summer Car May Update 4.jpg

The quirky My Summer Car driving / lifestyle simulation has today received a new update, adding lots of fixes and features to the PC exclusive title.

Growing steadily into a more polished and rounded experience, My Summer Car still remains one of the more unique driving / action / activity games currently available. Built as an independent project by Johannes Rojola, the game already has something of a cult following amongst PC gamers with its unique mix of engineering and driving together with some exceptionally amusing asides within the main game storyline.

In a bid to further expand and develop the title, Rojola has released another new update for the title that brings with it several enhancements to the main experience as well as new features such as parts wear and various simulation aspect improvements.

29/05/2017 Change Log:
  • Fleetari does NOT fix the whole engine any more, ONLY broken individual parts (I forgot to add this to earlier changelog...)
  • Made a fix for the moped an player scaling problems
  • Fixed issue with "Rusting Fast" achievement where it was possible to trigger it with train crash
  • Fixed parts order wait time not resetting properly
  • Made changes to "starter helper" to prevent Van and Moped from exploding at certain situations
  • Added wear and eventual failure simulation for some of the engine parts and gearbox, condition at game start is randomized
  • Added possibility for total suspension failure, affects also the assembly phase
  • Water Pump and Alternator operating friction is now calculated into total engine friction
  • Added radiator fan sound
  • Adjusted conditions of when Fleetari calls about the vandalism job
  • Changed the logic how items are spawned after load, should help with the items getting all messed up
  • Added Satsuma gear grinding for missed shifts (works only in H-shifter mode with manual clutch)
  • Fixed Gifu reverse gear ratios
  • Made it little less probable for exhaust pipes to fall of during game load
  • Added fix for ForceFeedbackPlugin that should prevent application crash if FFB-compatible controller is not present
  • Increased player grabbing force for ragdolls
  • Roll cage removal service added to Fleetari repair shop
  • Added replacement fiberglass hood
  • Added Fire Extinguisher to put out car fire, also required to be installed for rally event
  • Car fire will now break some engine components
  • "Fleetari's revenge" has now more randomized spawn points
  • Made Fleetari repair time longer
  • Made postal order arrival time longer
  • Hopefully fixed infamous issue with moped vanishing in thin air
  • Fixed bug with Satsuma wheels having a memory leak if game was loaded when car was saved upside down
  • Changed how physics steps are calculated, should increase calculations accuracy at sub 40-50fps situations
  • Added "Feel Alive" achievement
  • Drunk driver in little green car now takes the player all the way to home
  • Kilju buyer keeps his money if you do not accept the payment and leave the house area

About The Game

My Summer Car is the ultimate car owning, building, fixing, tuning, maintenance AND permadeath life survival simulator. You start the game with hundreds of loose parts and assemble both car and engine. Not only you need to maintain your car, but yourself as well. Sausages, beer and sleeping will do just fine.

If everything goes well, you have a working car which you can use for various 1990's Finnish countryside summer activities. Basically doing stupid things under influence of alcohol. After you have gathered extra money from various random jobs, you can start to tune and upgrade the car with parts ordered via snail mail. You can turn the car into a obnoxious bass-boom disco machine.... or into a rally car to participate rally competitions... or just fix it into perfect factory condition. Of course car also needs to pass the inspection or you might get into trouble with police.

Not only you have access to one car, but also several other cars and vehicles which you can use. (Mostly useful to get groceries and for towing the project car from some ditch, again).

Warning, this game is not for fainted heart. Severe car fever is required to play this properly due to it's autistic approach on car building.

• Full car assembly with over hundred parts
  • Detailed driving and engine simulation
  • Various other vehicles, cars and boat to use and drive
  • Dozens of kilometers worth of dirt and paved roads with AI traffic
  • Random paying jobs to cover food, beverage and fuel expenses
  • Rally event to participate in
  • Permanent death
  • Sauna bathing
  • 90's Finnish summer!
  • Support for steering wheel and shifter controllers
  • Much more!

My Summer Car is available for PC only from the Steam Network.

My Summer Car May Update 2.jpg
My Summer Car May Update 3.jpg
My Summer Car May Update.jpg

Check out the My Summer Car sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and mods, and to join in with your fellow game fans discussing this bizarre and enjoyable game!

Have you tried the new update? What do you think of the progress of the title so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I would love just a car building game, to learn the mechanics/engineering side of it whilst also making customizations like you can in this. I had watched it this game for ages and recently purchased it but was devastated by fiddly it was to click the correct place and then certain sim aspects were just a nightmare (washing...can't use shower, had to spend feckin 20mins finding a youtube video after googling how to use the bloody sauna)

Absolutely love the idea of the game, will play again once it's nearer final release.

I would love just a car building game, to learn the mechanics/engineering side of it whilst also making customizations like you can in this. I had watched it this game for ages and recently purchased it but was devastated by fiddly it was to click the correct place and then certain sim aspects were just a nightmare (washing...can't use shower, had to spend feckin 20mins finding a youtube video after googling how to use the bloody sauna)

Absolutely love the idea of the game, will play again once it's nearer final release.

Hi, look at this one :
http://store.steampowered.com/app/320300/Car_Mechanic_Simulator_2015/
Cheers.

Hi dude very good update nice one!!! One thing which would be really cool is multiple car restoration like that American engine that sits at the desk by flettari and the body work of an American car which is in one of his bays. It would be cool if you can buy that and take it home via van or tractor trailer

I have had this for awhile now and the furthest I have gotten was making a nice license and walking around the house. Sooner or later I will find out how to beer and maybe do some tinkering on my car. Definitely. Every time I even think about this game I laugh.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000