1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

My rallytrack WIP

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Kytt, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Wanted to ask if anyone has any good ideas how to make road and terrain junctions little less noticeable with BTB? Im using only diffuse maps to get sufficient good look, later i add bump and specular.
    If there is nothing to do about it then i just put a lot of grass on it rather than start using max.:rotfl:
    [​IMG]

2. I guess the simplest way is to make a blend between the two textures on the outside edges of your road texture.

3. Thanks.
    It actually has blending edge on the road texture. I made them out of the same photo. If the terrain is flat on the road side then its quite acceptable.

4. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

There are two things I plan on doing to make the blend between road and terrain less noticeable.

1. Create mesh Normals from a "Global" one. This will remove the harsh crisp line between road and terrain.
    2. Road will also get blending ability like you can do with the terrain. This won't be anytime soon as it's much trickier to create a workable interface than with terrain.

5. Using the horizontal randomness on the outer edge of the road helps break it up a bit.

6. Trying some stuff out to get some depth on the road:)
    [​IMG]

7. Kytt! It's amazing! Soo realistic! :laugh2:

8. Kytt... thoses textures looks very realistic mate.. where did you take them ? Awesome!

9. Thanks.
    Good samples for textures are here http://www.cgtextures.com/
    Some trees i found in google, some took myself in nature. Serious photoshoping afterwards, at least for me it was serious as im still not familiar with all the tools and possibilities.

10. Testing blending. Starting to understand what material should be primary and what for blending to get result like that lol
    [​IMG]

11. That looks brilliant! :)

12. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

Looks great. Please do share your techniques as I know a lot of people will be interested. ;)

13. amazing work, very realistic and good loking... glad to see you are building for RBR.

14. It is definitely awesome....:rotfl:
    As liquido says, glad to see some RBR projects...this rocks!! Keep it up man!

15. Your technique Looks simply brilliant, It was great if you can pack those textures in some of your free time and release it for BTB Users ;-)

Have a nice day.

16. I agree completely! you could maybe post some wireframe+texture shots showing what is track and what is terrain, I have a guess but maybe I'm wrong.
    After seeing your pics, we are all pushed to this kind of result (me at least...)!!
    Furthermore, your work shows that efficient texturing can be made by btb alone :victory:

17. Thanks everyone, i try to put it on picture what i did
    Blending in BTB to get roadsides using terrain
    [​IMG]

18. I had think so. It was made with multimaterials (isnt it?). How i know that will not work with wallaby and export to native rbr file form.

It looks so great. i wish, i would be at fault.

Lamda

19. Thanks, really explanative!
    do you make extensive use of the rubbing tool?

20. actually original RBR materials are supporting blending. iirc almost all the ground materials are using 2 diffuse textures blended by alpha component of the vertex color.