Music Of My Youth Thread

Ok so i wanna see what two pieces of music reminds you of your youth so no you cannot post something from todays music unless your aged 1.

It would be interesting to see what people listened to in their teenage years but what i would also like is for people to actualy listen to each persons music because you may find you like it, give it a chance and listen all through the songs.

Rules: 1 song that has some go in it ie: something to dance to maybe and 1 song that is a love song you liked. Must be on You Tube or easy to view here.

This should be interesting if you do it right and who knows we may find a gem or two in there we did not know before.

Ok ill start, remember now i am old: remember give them a chance if you dont know them.

Number 1, Dance.

number 2 Love Song

Post Yours lets Have Some Fun

Unfortunately I was born on the era where the music died completely (the 90s for those who were wondering), with the new pop culture growing out. However, here are some songs of my childhood which I remember.

Lou Bega - Mambo No. 5

Boyzone - Pictures Of You

And yep, as well. :)

Lots of them in fact, But unfortunately, I may have forgotten some or most of them. :(

Like Resi, I was born in the 90s, so most of the music from my "youth" is pretty sucky. However, many of the songs are stuck in my memory and remind me of my childhood.

As silly as these songs sound to me now, they give me nostalgia attacks. :tongue:

I am still building my music of my youth list, because I am still young and its not that long ago I stopped listening to stupid things and started with rock and melodic metal (five years maybe). Still, my very first band I listened to was Lordi, which I saw in TV when they were in Eurovision. It was impulse to start thinking about those crap I was listening that time.

Yes, its now controversial even for me, but still, my heart stuff. From then I listened to tens of another bands.

These days I am going backwards and love to listen oldies. Rock from 70s, 80s and 90s. But not just rock, I love rock n roll, jazz or Boney M!

So, my list isnt done yet... But I am going to remember this music for rest of my life, no doubt about that :)

I loved all the music from Heroes of Might and Magic, especially 2. And I loved that I could put the game's CD into the hi-fi and play the music:) I often did that when I was 12-14. And I loved the game too. Unfortunately, believe it or not, Heroes 2 was stolen from me when I was 16:( (some burglars stole it from the appartment my father and my elder sister rented at Budapest, along with a Windows 98 CD and a PC. The irony is that they had 8(!!!) locks on the door, and the burglars came in through the balcony... They were on the 2nd floor.

Before that I just listened what my elder sister or my parents listened to. +1 to Coco Jumbo:) (though I didn't understand much (almost nothing) from english songs back then:))

I like some of the music from Rocky.

To this day i still listen to all this

Lets not let this thread fade away this thread is just as good as any other music related threads on this site!

@Nick Brooke I'm sorry i didn't see "the only two" . i saw the thread, got excited and went fubar with it . No more from me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.