Multiplayer Test Race

Peter

who cares
10387455_770014009721782_2104807988053634454_n.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience

We will stream a Multiplayer Test Race today, around 5pm (CET) on http://www.twitch.tv/raceroomracingexperience
We will keep an eye on the chat and be available for Q&A during the Session.

Hang on, hang on, hang on. Let me get this straight.....
GT Masters is only a car pack. A car pack that consists of cars already in-game with the exception of 1. So basically a skin pack then.
There will be no tracks in this pack, but you will be able to buy these GT Masters tracks in store.

I will be asked to 'unlock' tracks i have already bought (for a 'small' fee) in-game and in DTM-E.
So i can have 3 (RRRE, DTM, ADAC) versions of Hockenheim? We will be paying for different adverts at trackside then?

Just when i think you guys are getting it right, the business model rears it's ugly head.
Sorry i love you guys i really do but the people who make these kind of absurd decisions are slowly strangling the life out of you.

Hang on, hang on, hang on. Let me get this straight.....
GT Masters is only a car pack. A car pack that consists of cars already in-game with the exception of 1. So basically a skin pack then.
There are at least 4 "missing" cars: SLS AMG GT3, Nissan GT-R GT3, Corvette Z06.R (only have the C6.R), Ford GT GT3 (only have the GT1 version currently).

There will be no tracks in this pack, but you will be able to buy these GT Masters tracks in store.
As I understood Jay in the SimPit interview the pack will also include the tracks - but again: guessing.

I will be asked to 'unlock' tracks i have already bought (for a 'small' fee) in-game and in DTM-E.
So i can have 3 (RRRE, DTM, ADAC) versions of Hockenheim? We will be paying for different adverts at trackside then?
I guess we have to unlock tracks that we do NOT currently own (i.e. Lausitzring, Nürburgring Sprint, Oschersleben) - except they are also included in the ADAC GT Masters package. As we already own Zandvoort and Hockenheim there is no need to double charge / double buy them.

There are at least 4 "missing" cars: SLS AMG GT3, Nissan GT-R GT3, Corvette Z06.R (only have the C6.R), Ford GT GT3 (only have the GT1 version currently).

Ah sorry. My bad :D

As I understood Jay in the SimPit interview the pack will also include the tracks - but again: guessing.

This;
DTM experience is still separate. The GTmaster not, it's only a car pack.
You can buy the cars separately or all in one package.
So if you want the GT Masters for MP only, you only need to buy the car you like.

I guess we have to unlock tracks that we do NOT currently own (i.e. Lausitzring, Nürburgring Sprint, Oschersleben) - except they are also included in the ADAC GT Masters package. As we already own Zandvoort and Hockenheim there is no need to double charge / double buy them.

No tracks you already own in other packs/experiences or whatever will have to be unlocked for a "small fee".
I think this is what is called 'suicidal business' on The Apprentice.

I know, Peter. What I was saying is that "SimBin" probably licensed some of the tracks that are contained within the DTM E separately to be able to use them for the ADAC GT Masters Pack / Experience and that we will be able to purchase those for a little fee (as DTM E owners) but that those separate licenses are not (yet) negotiated for the DTM cars and not (yet) for all DTM tracks (i.e. Brands Hatch, Moscow Raceway, Norisring - which aren't used by ADAC GT Masters). But it's still guessing.
Take a look at the first part of the livestream at 29:25. You can see all available tracks for R3E there; all DTM tracks apart from Norisring seem to be included. Slovakiaring and Sachsenring from ADAC GT Masters aren't listed there yet.

i'd rather they lumped all GT Masters cars/tracks in one big package for 1100vRP.

Duplicate tracks shouldn't be an issue. Hockenheim is Hockenheim is Zandvoort is Zandvoort.

It's another way of fleecing people of hard earned money -
"Oh you want to have a multi player race GT Masters at Zandvoort? Well that will be another 250vRP"
"But i already have Zandvoort!"
"Yes but not this version! It has some different adverts"
"But....."
"That's the rules sonny-boy! Now pay up or wait for a track you have"

No tracks you already own in other packs/experiences or whatever will have to be unlocked for a "small fee".
I think this is what is called 'suicidal business' on The Apprentice.
It just concerns the DTM Experience as SimBin has a bundle licence sort of thing with the ITR (organizer of the DTM) which prevents SimBin from separately selling content (i.e. tracks / cars).
I assume that they licensed most of the tracks again to use them in R3E when they went for the ADAC GT Masters Series. This is why we have to pay a small fee to unlock those tracks we do not currently have in R3E.
As Jay (or was it someone else from SimBin?) already mentioned some months ago: all upcoming Experiences will be integrated with R3E as such, that all tracks and cars can be used on all other R3E content - but this wasn't possible for the DTM E content (as mentioned above).

i'd rather they lumped all GT Masters cars/tracks in one big package for 1100vRP.

Duplicate tracks shouldn't be an issue. Hockenheim is Hockenheim is Zandvoort is Zandvoort.

It's another way of fleecing people of hard earned money -
"Oh you want to have a multi player race GT Masters at Zandvoort? Well that will be another 250vRP"
"But i already have Zandvoort!"
"Yes but not this version! It has some different adverts"
"But....."
"That's the rules sonny-boy! Now pay up or wait for a track you have"
h32777037

How bout we wait till we know, from an official source, exactly what will be included, what we have to pay for, how much we have to pay etc before we throw a fit and start tearing down "SimBin" for poor business choices that we yet know nothing of?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back