MGP15 MotoGP 15 announced by Milestone

The Italian developers have announced MotoGP 15, their fifth title in the MotoGP franchise.

Looks like a busy year for Milestone: after Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo and Ride (available tomorrow), the dev team has announced their third title due out in 2015.

The defining feature for this year's MotoGP game will be, judging from the press release, customization: bikes, riders and teams will be customizable with over 100 accessories and 3 motorhomes will be available.
You'll be able to purchase those items with GP Credits, "a virtual in-game currency earned in both online and offline modes". Whether this means the game will feature micro-transactions, we don't know yet, but it doesn't seem like it right now.

Other, major features include an enhanced career mode in which players will "start racing as a Wild Card and subsequently be able to negotiate their future career by choosing one of the official teams participating in the 2015 championship, or choosing sponsors to race with their own Private Team, taking to the track alongside the existing teams".

Sounds spiffy, at least on paper. MotoGP 15 will also include Real Events from the 2014 season, the new Beat the Time mode and two-stroke bikes.

You can watch the first trailer below. The game will be out in June on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Last edited:
Footage is from MotoGP'15 with 2014 liveries as the 2015 ones are wip atm.
No, the only footage of the actual game is the first part (till 00:27), where they show the dynamic change of light on the track with the new engine already used in ride. All the rest is from 2014. Same models, same lighting, same textures, same animations. You will have to wait to see the actual product.
I think that Ride will be used as a base for the new game.

To be honest, the shown trailer is really hilarious. As I had expected they will use same track models. And why did they work on lighting effects instead of new layouts? Nobody need this kind of improvement. Aswell funny is the "wrong" time of day lighting e.g. at Jerez, never seen a race there on this this conditions or at Mugello, again a fail because in reality you've got the midday sun. These facts make me sad.
And I don't believe to get any new bike model from the Yamaha M1, what is really necessary because the proportions are a shame for now.
Enough spoken, even I hope for the best.

To be honest, the shown trailer is really hilarious. As I had expected they will use same track models. And why did they work on lighting effects instead of new layouts? Nobody need this kind of improvement. Aswell funny is the "wrong" time of day lighting e.g. at Jerez, never seen a race there on this this conditions or at Mugello, again a fail because in reality you've got the midday sun. These facts make me sad.
And I don't believe to get any new bike model from the Yamaha M1, what is really necessary because the proportions are a shame for now.
Enough spoken, even I hope for the best.
I completely agree with you, some tracks are just off, they should be using laser scanned models by now. As for 3d models, it's not easy to make them like real life, but:
1)they could get the models from the official manufacturers (cad models like codemasters did)
2) They could make better 3d models, I mean they are supposed to be professionals, I made a better m1 model myself. Many models of the bikes (13 and 14) are just ****

Okay new video is online. I don't know what it is, what they are showing, because everything looks like 14 game (I'm not talking about the models and textures, I know they are still from the old game). I think they are crazy if they plan to release a game like this. A modded '14 is much better.

Okay new video is online. I don't know what it is, what they are showing, because everything looks like 14 game (I'm not talking about the models and textures, I know they are still from the old game). I think they are crazy if they plan to release a game like this. A modded '14 is much better.

I leave there a comment . i also have this thought.. I dont understand it...

100% agree with Aaron, wanted to post the same thing. I'm glad the physics looks like Ride-based (movements of the riders and bikes are more natural than gp 14). Also the new champions dlc is awesome, missed playing MotoGP4 on Ps2. The 3d models are a bit off, but probably it's because they have too many bikes to model, hopefully the standard pack (15 season) will be better.
About textures: they can easily be improved by modders, so I don't mind it. I'm thinking about preordering it...

P.S: the video is not supposed to be seen, it was uploaded but hidden in milestone youtube account, the preorder link isn't working yet. I guss they still have to officially spread it, that's why the video does not appear on the facebook page

Screen caps from the champions trailer
UCEpuFg.jpg

IdaiWuO.jpg

L7WVvDR.jpg

nFrQ7Gu.jpg

3AXX3A9.jpg

W6K5Y8T.jpg

znsOFHD.jpg

j7Fshmb.jpg

YQoZ4oV.jpg

TAp19ho.jpg

55XBprj.png

H99Cqg7.jpg

np8Ywbl.jpg

CiLWbaC.jpg

nP4s45b.jpg

DeRm9jo.jpg

vawA2ES.jpg

NRYWK2D.jpg

oEli8Sg.jpg

Look, I tried to record footage in Ride, but even if I try to set quality to loseless, it never looks as good as while playing. Therefore I think the graphics should look much better. What I really want is a realistic rider movement and rider size (rossi as big as pedrosa wtf), plus bike cornering (in 14 bikes keep oversteering all the time wft again). Ride is pretty awesome, I enjoy it a lot, I would love to be their tester to set the right direction of development, but unfortunately they never listen

Look, I tried to record footage in Ride, but even if I try to set quality to loseless, it never looks as good as while playing. Therefore I think the graphics should look much better. What I really want is a realistic rider movement and rider size (rossi as big as pedrosa wtf), plus bike cornering (in 14 bikes keep oversteering all the time wft again). Ride is pretty awesome, I enjoy it a lot, I would love to be their tester to set the right direction of development, but unfortunately they never listen

You're right, it's the little things that can make this game truly outstanding. Imagine if they allowed us die hard MotoGp fans to be a part of the development team, well I would certainly have my list of crucial changes ready. MotoGp 15 is looking promising so far, can't wait what it has in store for us. This will probably be the first time I will ever pre-order a game.

Watch my demo gameplay vid of Ride, although the quality is a little bit off, it certainly does look good.

Last edited:
I managed to record HD quality with Shadoplay, a Nvidia GeForce tool that uses hardware acceleration. The files are relatively small, compared to other recorders, (11 m =3,6Gb compared to Fraps 1 minute = 4 Gb)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.