1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Race07 WTCC events

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by H34d5h07, Oct 14, 2010.

1. H34d5h07

No money, no team racing.

I just spent some time in the European Racing/American Racing Club forums and discovered there isn't many standard Race07 WTCC events in there. I would like to see a lot more of those.
    Since I don't have Race On/STCC, only Race07/GTRE, I can't join since mostly events (WTCC) requires Race On. And I don't want to pay 24,99€ to get some new cars (the Muscle cars, and to be honest, those cars doesn't interest me) and two new tracks. Or purchase Race On bundle (29,99€) to get Race07, STCC, or Race On, when I already own Race07.

Is it possible that this can happen?
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Nope, RACE 07 is obsolete and did it's time here at RD for the last four years. Time to move on and upgrade :) Only time we use RACE 07 is sometimes for the Mini's. For the rest GTR Evo and Race ON is needed.
  3. I don't think 'a lot more' is likely. Take a look this poll. 87 out of 106 (82%) of those who answered own every game in the Race 07 series. With things like this you have to go with the majority. I understand your reluctance to buy an expansion that has content you don't feel is worthwhile... I didn't particularly want Race On either. It was necessary to maximise mod compatibility and online racing opportunities though, so I did.

Bah, took too long to post. :p Speaking of Minis, it seems this event was dropped in favour of a GT event. Is that the end or just a one off?
  4. H34d5h07

Okay, I if I want to race with WTCC cars when any events of those cars are used, I need to purchase Race On then.
    And yes, sometimes even I have to go with the flow :p
  5. I will be adding a Sunday Morning Race in the American Racing Club with WTCC action. BUt keep in mind you'll need Race ON.
  6. Is it going to be a weekly event or just this week? I've been wanting to get involved in some TC races, but often can't make the Euro events.
  7. Today on Amazon you can buy Race On DVD Boxed - which includes STCC (NOTE only the boxed Race On includes STCC - the download does NOT) NEW (dont buy secondhand) for £8.54 including UK delivery. Madness that Steam is selling a digital download for so much more with less content but thats Steam for ya...

I beleive but check that EU delivery of a DVD is £1.79 so Race On and STCC for less than 11 uk£...
  8. H34d5h07

Well, today is my lucky day. A friend of mine has promised to buy it for me. He will do it through Steam as a gift. I told him about Amazon, but he didn't listen :p And I don't really care how he gets it. As long as it legal and I get it fast. Also, I will be one game richer.
    If he is dumb enough to pay Steam, it's his problem, After all he is my friend :D I would probably do the same, depending on the game :p
  9. Dont forget with the Steam download of Race On you will NOT get the STCC expansion.. The Race ON DVD - DOES include STCC.. and yes it is easy to add a boxed DVD to your steam account - you just activate it on Steam using the CD Key from the Boxed set. Tell you friend hes a great friend for offering to do this and - does he want to be my friend too!!! I will send a list of things I would like for Christmas !!
  10. Nothing to really add... just wanted to reiterate since its pretty important. Most of the TC events allow STCC cars... so without STCC you still won't be able to join.
  11. Weekly til further notice but the car clas will change each week as well. Will stick with the more popular models and mods however...

12. Tahts true!
  13. Bram

Then why not buy the stcc add-on also :)
  14. I already have it. :) I was just reiterating what Dave said to make sure Daniel understands that Race On alone isn't enough for RD WTCC events.

Also, it seems a waste to spend £32 on the Steam versions of both Race On and STCC or £22 on the Steam Race On bundle when you could get the exact same content for less than £10 on Amazon! :confused:
  15. Bram

Not true really, when you buy the expansion it doesn't include STCC however when you buy the full version of RACE On via Steam it does include STCC
  16. H34d5h07

He gave me the Race On Bundle through Steam, so Race On and STCC is included. So now I will be able to join more events.
  17. Found this thread and understood that I ("Race 07" owner) need "Race On" to participate in WTCC events. Okay, I'm fine with it. But:

When I have "Race On" installed, can I still play "Race 07" LAN games with my friends who don't want to purchase "Race On"?

Thanks in advance!
  18. As long as you don't attempt to use cars/tracks that they don't have, yes.
  19. Ah, okay.

Next and probably last question: When I fire up "Race 07" and have a look at the available internet games, I can only see a couple WTCC events. But about 180 or more events of "unknown" class. Does the "unknown" text want to tell me that my "Race 07" installation is way too old and I should better upgrate to "Race On" in order to see more details about the servers?
  20. Bram

Unknown can indeed mean that people run a) a new version of the game Evo/Stcc/Race On or b) they run a modified server (mods)