More Race07 WTCC events

H34d5h07

No money, no team racing.
I just spent some time in the European Racing/American Racing Club forums and discovered there isn't many standard Race07 WTCC events in there. I would like to see a lot more of those.
Since I don't have Race On/STCC, only Race07/GTRE, I can't join since mostly events (WTCC) requires Race On. And I don't want to pay 24,99€ to get some new cars (the Muscle cars, and to be honest, those cars doesn't interest me) and two new tracks. Or purchase Race On bundle (29,99€) to get Race07, STCC, or Race On, when I already own Race07.

Is it possible that this can happen?

I don't think 'a lot more' is likely. Take a look this poll. 87 out of 106 (82%) of those who answered own every game in the Race 07 series. With things like this you have to go with the majority. I understand your reluctance to buy an expansion that has content you don't feel is worthwhile... I didn't particularly want Race On either. It was necessary to maximise mod compatibility and online racing opportunities though, so I did.

Edit:

Bah, took too long to post. :p Speaking of Minis, it seems this event was dropped in favour of a GT event. Is that the end or just a one off?

Today on Amazon you can buy Race On DVD Boxed - which includes STCC (NOTE only the boxed Race On includes STCC - the download does NOT) NEW (dont buy secondhand) for £8.54 including UK delivery. Madness that Steam is selling a digital download for so much more with less content but thats Steam for ya...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...w?ie=UTF8&qid=1287139059&sr=8-1&condition=new

I beleive but check that EU delivery of a DVD is £1.79 so Race On and STCC for less than 11 uk£...

Today on Amazon you can buy Race On DVD Boxed - which includes STCC (NOTE only the boxed Race On includes STCC - the download does NOT) NEW (dont buy secondhand) for £8.54 including UK delivery. Madness that Steam is selling a digital download for so much more with less content but thats Steam for ya...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...w?ie=UTF8&qid=1287139059&sr=8-1&condition=new

I beleive but check that EU delivery of a DVD is £1.79 so Race On and STCC for less than 11 uk£...

Well, today is my lucky day. A friend of mine has promised to buy it for me. He will do it through Steam as a gift. I told him about Amazon, but he didn't listen :p And I don't really care how he gets it. As long as it legal and I get it fast. Also, I will be one game richer.
If he is dumb enough to pay Steam, it's his problem, After all he is my friend :D I would probably do the same, depending on the game :p

Dont forget with the Steam download of Race On you will NOT get the STCC expansion.. The Race ON DVD - DOES include STCC.. and yes it is easy to add a boxed DVD to your steam account - you just activate it on Steam using the CD Key from the Boxed set. Tell you friend hes a great friend for offering to do this and - does he want to be my friend too!!! I will send a list of things I would like for Christmas !!

Then why not buy the stcc add-on also :)

I already have it. :) I was just reiterating what Dave said to make sure Daniel understands that Race On alone isn't enough for RD WTCC events.

Also, it seems a waste to spend £32 on the Steam versions of both Race On and STCC or £22 on the Steam Race On bundle when you could get the exact same content for less than £10 on Amazon! :confused:

Found this thread and understood that I ("Race 07" owner) need "Race On" to participate in WTCC events. Okay, I'm fine with it. But:

When I have "Race On" installed, can I still play "Race 07" LAN games with my friends who don't want to purchase "Race On"?

Thanks in advance!

Found this thread and understood that I ("Race 07" owner) need "Race On" to participate in WTCC events. Okay, I'm fine with it. But:

When I have "Race On" installed, can I still play "Race 07" LAN games with my friends who don't want to purchase "Race On"?

Thanks in advance!

As long as you don't attempt to use cars/tracks that they don't have, yes.

Ah, okay.

Next and probably last question: When I fire up "Race 07" and have a look at the available internet games, I can only see a couple WTCC events. But about 180 or more events of "unknown" class. Does the "unknown" text want to tell me that my "Race 07" installation is way too old and I should better upgrate to "Race On" in order to see more details about the servers?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back