More maintenance.

@Case_ Well i check MSI AB and my gpu usage is 60 % , and CPU is almost 95%.I thing is a problem with my I5 4570.It's to old for my 1060 i thing :).

I wouldn't think so. I'm running an overclocked 2500k with my 970. And I can run the game perfectly fine at solid 60 while running a bunch of stuff in the background, most notably OBS recording the whole thing. Your 4570 should have about the same performance as my ancient 2500k ;) Unless the difference was due to my overclock - I guess I can try that for you.

Well, I'm currently actually forcing the game to run at higher quality to get rid of the shimmering shadows, so my settings are not completely standard, but here you are:

NV Control panel global settings (system-wide):
i-pmfVWHM.png

i-Bn74qF2.png

nVidia Inspector settings (this is what I'm using to force the higher quality, so basically just ignore it, I just include it for the sake of completness):
i-J3HCsXj.png

And the game itself - pretty much everything at max except shadows - I could run shadows at High even with the 2xMSAA and 4xSGSSAA I'm forcing using Inspector, but I'd be very close to 100 % GPU usage, so I just run them at Medium, which leaves me plenty of breathing room if needed and looks good enough for me:
i-5C6dZrF.png

i-S5jrHTd.png

i-3Pwn3Xg.png

If I wasn't using the nVidia Inspector settings, I could easily set everything in game to max, including the multi-sampling at 8xAA (which is still far less demanding and also worse looking than 2xMSAA+4xSGSSAA through the Inspector) and still be at around 50 % GPU usage. That's at 1080p of course.

I also use MSI Afterburner to limit my fps to 60, like I've mentioned, and I've also raised the GPU power limit to 112 %, which is the maximum without further tinkering. No real overclock on the GPU, though, apart from this. As for the CPU OC, I run it at 4.1 GHz if I remember correctly (without really doing anything with it apart from raising the multiplier).

Oh and BTW ignore the CPU usage in the screenshots, I was developing a batch of RAW photos in the background as I was taking them ;)

Last edited:
I very much prefer the limiter in Afterburner. I had nothing but problems with the one in Inspector. Even though you'd think it shouldn't matter what you use for limiting framerates, it actually does for some reason, at least on my PC. The limiter in Inspector was causing me performance issues and stutter. The one in Afterburner works flawlessly for me. You can find it in the Rivatuner Statistics Server, which is a companion app for Afterburner (and usually gets installed and runs with it as it provides the OSD functionality as well).

As for fast vsync, I can't recommend it either. It was causing random microstutters for me in quite a few games, which is the last thing I want to see, especially with a racing sim. It's basically an implementation of triple buffered vsync, so this is to be expected. It also does little to reduce input lag (it can sometimes even make it worse if I'm not mistaken).

Same goes for adaptive vsync - I never really understood why it's even a thing. To me, it's absolutely useless. It's basically vsync off when your framerate is lower than your refresh rate, and vsync on when it's equal or higher. Ideally, your framerate is never lower than your refresh rate, so in that case you're basically just running with vsync on all the time (and get all the lag that comes with it). Really, I just don't get this feature. It gives you tearing when your framerate is low and input lag when it's high - the worst of both worlds.

So yeah, I'd much rather either deal with consistent vsync on and had some input lag, or with tearing and minimal input lag with vsync off + fps limiter. The best thing about the limiter also is that I can "finetune" to my preference just by changing the limit value. If I'd rather see one almost static tear, I can limit the fps very close to my refresh rate. If I want to see as little tearing as possible (but get some judder instead), I'd aim for a higher value, say refresh rate + 30 %.

Same goes for adaptive vsync - I never really understood why it's even a thing. To me, it's absolutely useless. It's basically vsync off when your framerate is lower than your refresh rate, and vsync on when it's equal or higher. Ideally, your framerate is never lower than your refresh rate, so in that case you're basically just running with vsync on all the time (and get all the lag that comes with it). Really, I just don't get this feature. It gives you tearing when your framerate is low and input lag when it's high - the worst of both worlds.
When your framerate dips under 60fps occasionally, Adaptive VSync prevents your framerate from jumping between 60fps and 30fps which looks distracting in my opinion.

Yeah, but that only happens with double buffered vsync, it get's a lot better with triple buffered. And with sims, you want your framerate as high as possible anyway (well with any game, really) so you're much better off lowering detail than dipping in framerate.

Soooo.After 2 days I give up :D.I try @Case_ :D and when I turn off Vsync , with full detail , turn on AA on Nvidia Inspector I have (when I start to race with 30 drivers ) 45/50 fps on Silverstone , and when I leave start/finish line , I have more than 60 fps , but when I pass again during race , start/finish line with 10/12 drivers my fps droop to 45/50 fps.I thing is a bottleneck , or problem with R3R.I monitoring MSI AF and GPU usage is 60% and CPU 80/90%.As i write few post earlier in pCars , AC and D:Rally I have stable 60 fps with vsync on , full hd , and full detail.
PS.I forgot.When I turn shadow detail to medium , the game run a bit better so for now I stay with medium shadow detail , full hd resolution , AA seting up in Nvidia Inspector , Vsync ON (adeptiv) and rest of the settings stay on max.

I suppose I am one of the lucky ones. I never had tearing or frame skipping issues ever with this sim even when I was running a GTX770.
Now I have a Freesync monitor and AMD RX480 the sim is even more smoother to my eyes. I don't run with Vsync on just freesync at 75mhz and never have less than 100 fps and mostly in the 140-150's. Max everything in the graphic details too at 2560x1080p resolution.

Soooo.After 2 days I give up :D.I try @Case_ :D and when I turn off Vsync , with full detail , turn on AA on Nvidia Inspector I have (when I start to race with 30 drivers ) 45/50 fps on Silverstone , and when I leave start/finish line , I have more than 60 fps , but when I pass again during race , start/finish line with 10/12 drivers my fps droop to 45/50 fps.I thing is a bottleneck , or problem with R3R.I monitoring MSI AF and GPU usage is 60% and CPU 80/90%.As i write few post earlier in pCars , AC and D:Rally I have stable 60 fps with vsync on , full hd , and full detail.
PS.I forgot.When I turn shadow detail to medium , the game run a bit better so for now I stay with medium shadow detail , full hd resolution , AA seting up in Nvidia Inspector , Vsync ON (adeptiv) and rest of the settings stay on max.
My guess is the number of cars at a given time (maybe track detail too). Lowering opponents car detail might help.
I suppose I am one of the lucky ones. I never had tearing or frame skipping issues ever with this sim even when I was running a GTX770.
Now I have a Freesync monitor and AMD RX480 the sim is even more smoother to my eyes. I don't run with Vsync on just freesync at 75mhz and never have less than 100 fps and mostly in the 140-150's. Max everything in the graphic details too at 2560x1080p resolution.
I run a G-Sync monitor too at 2560x1440. Thats why I use fastsync along with g-sync, no tearing, no framedrops, no stutters, nothing. You may want to try Fastsync along with your Freesync Andy, and see how it works for you. I have my settings maxed, except for big grids where I sometimes turn shadows down to medium or opponent car detail. Moving it around 80-100fps, smoothly.

You may want to try Fastsync along with your Freesync Andy, and see how it works for you. I have my settings maxed, except for big grids where I sometimes turn shadows down to medium or opponent car detail. Moving it around 80-100fps, smoothly.
Thanks for that Jazz but with everything working smoothly at max settings for me and not dropping under 100 fps, I'm quite happy at the moment. By the way though, where is Fastsync enabled?

Thanks for that Jazz but with everything working smoothly at max settings for me and not dropping under 100 fps, I'm quite happy at the moment. By the way though, where is Fastsync enabled?
FastSync is an Nvidia thing. Just in case you have a AMD card @Andy Jackson
Damn very true Jim !
Anyways he seems to have the game working flawlessly so no problem. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back