Monza quali slipstream

Hi,

Just wondering about the thoughts of slipstreaming on Monza the next GP in WS. Last WC in Spa it was not allowed, but for WS I don't know?

I'd say to disallow it to prevent turning the quali session into a mess and giving everybody an equal chance.

How is the rest thinking about it?

well if this is banned i think guys should check on cutting corners to gain time but doing it withing 10% of laps or so to evade penalty. just had idea and mostly when i have idea about something someone else had it too...

Well i agree its stupid that you can help your teammate with slipstream in qualifying if you want to... but what can you do?
Not like rules are perfect in everything else than this too and as i know it RULES ARE THE SAME ALL YEAR so sure lets ban slipstream in qualifying to 2011 but lets not touch rules midseason cause thats what i know is always done.

like Peter said, how you want to avoid slipstream with 26 cars on track?
So with this rule, if somebody don't like someone, he just have to go in racing line to give slipstream and the guy who will be in slipstream will be DQ.
If you want to avoid slipstream in quali, better way is to do private session.

Sorry, but why the hell should that be banned? Slipstream is part of racing and helping teammates is also important. Absolut nonsense in my view to even talk about that.

+1

FSR want to be as real as possible. So you need to use the procedure like in F1. And in Spa or Valencia wasnt it forbidden even the circuit had long straights.

In real racing you can't gain 15 kph (or more, it depends on your gearing) with the slipstream like in rFactor. In real racing you can't follow a teammate with similar skills in dirt air. And Monza is full of long straights, it's easy to do and gain a lot of time.

Let's be serious ...

In real racing you can't gain 15 kph with the slipstream like in F1. In real racing you can't follow a teammate with similar skills in dirt air. And Monza is full of long straights, it's easy to do and gain a lot of time.

Let's be serious ...

Eau Rouge and Blanchimont compared to Parabolica and Start/Finish. In my opinion it is the same as on every track. Or did we a privat qualy in monaco? or will we do it in Singapur? or was slipstream banned in Malaysia or will it be in Abu Dhabi?

+1

FSR want to be as real as possible. So you need to use the procedure like in F1. And in Spa or Valencia wasnt it forbidden even the circuit had long straights.

Agree with that, a ban that would never be done in real life shouldn't be done in simulator either.
Also Monza is on of those special tracks but I think the 'unfair' advantage (I call it basic physics) will not prove very much in the long race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back