Monaco 1979 Aiw and Talent files?

I recall similar programs over twenty years ago - "Player Picker" for Nascar Racing 3, and "GP3 Commander" for F1GP3.

In each you could create any number of profiles, with a name, carset/mod, sound set, tracks/schedule, controller configuration, etc. Then just select the profile from a list, click "Load", when the "Start" button highlights click it and off you go; a "Restore" button returned everything to default. Sadly these only worked in XP; MS, in their infinite idiocy, changed file access so much in Vista that tons of such software went to the dustbin of history.

Two good ideas that have come from your comments that would be simple to implement. Adjustments to the PLR file, and swapping out the AIW file to one that suits the intended racing class. I guess a start game button would also be nice and some way to save the changes for future races as well as a reset..
Swapping files around is easy to implement, changing a parameter in many files with a range of values is beyond me for now.
Sorry, I made a mistake here... as you, Speednut, posted a message without directing to whom below my message, I thought it would be a reply for me, but then giving a reread in general I realized that the ideas you had was on top of the JGF post... I feel like an idiot... :roflmao: anyway, apologize for my mistake.

Sorry, I made a mistake here... as you, Speednut, posted a message without directing to whom below my message, I thought it would be a reply for me, but then giving a reread in general I realized that the ideas you had was on top of the JGF post... I feel like an idiot... :roflmao: anyway, apologize for my mistake.
I got the idea to change the switch aiw files based on the class selected from your post, the changing of parameters in the PLR file I got from one of jgf's posts.

I caught five flights yesterday and spent far too much time sitting in airports. Thinking about some silly idea I have to make sim-racing in these old games better was a good way to pass the time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back