1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Modding teams switching to AC?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Bram, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I saw on the facebook page of CTDP the following quote about Assetto Corsa:

Are there any other top quality modding teams that are considering AC as a future platform to create mods for?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Not that we know now, but would be something really interesting if the TOP mod teams support AC, I think it deserves a chance of fighting in equal conditions with rF2

3. Depends offcourse how mod friendly the game is going to be.
    For example rF2 is made for modders almost, so they have alot of room to do what they want and how they see it.
    For AC we dont know yet. Judging it on Netkar its not going to be very mod friendly. But maybe it will change with this game. :)

4. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

If you look at the presentation video, it says that is extremely modular :)

5. Judging by this;
    [​IMG]

Id say it will be very mod-friendly.

EDIT: Ninja'd :p

6. Ah oke missed that. Must say its easy to miss when the it goes so fast in the trailer.
    But looks like it going to be more modable then Netkar. :)

7. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Yes, so let's hope that brings some interest from the community into it

8. I don't know if we are among "the top quality modding team" but if there is a way to play offline and if there is a way to mod without 3DSMax (I'm on Lightwave), why not.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Well for me you are definitely a top quality team:)

I'm really looking forward to trying out all the upcoming sims and especially get my hands on a new tire model and revised physical models. However, I'm mainly into classic cars and I don't think any of the new sims default content can replace GT Legends when it comes down to selection of classic cars. So for me it will come down to available mods. It's very nice to see that AC will be open to modding and I hope we will see a many high-quality classic cars for it.

10. Bram

Bram

I guess modding teams will have some kind of early access in the coming months so there is extra content available during the launch of the game?

11. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

I guess this will also be the first sim to offer genuine laser-scanned tracks in a mod-friendly platform. It will be interesting to try out some mods with a realistic bump-profile. I guess it could also attract more modding teams towards AC.

12. So we dont need any modteam, everyone will be a maker haha

13. We would not hesitate to switch to AC. Lets see what the near future brings.

• Like Like x 4
  14. I wonder what it will be like converting rFactor and the other GMotor sims to AC? Persumably 3DsimED will support it, but I wonder what the difficulty level will be like given that it's a completely different game as it will have a different engine...

15. Track moders will have a good challenge trying to make it to look good on a sim with default laser scaned tracks

16. Bram

Bram

Lets hope those rFactor to AC conversions will not happen. I for one hope we get scratch build content and not the same GP4 conversion we have seen for the last 350 years.

• Like Like x 4
  17. I agree, I'm already disappointed to see bad quality track conversion for rF2. I can only hope these conversion wont pollute AC. Quality over quantity please

• Like Like x 1
  18. I do somewhat agree with what you're saying, although you have to admit that there are some great rFactor tracks out there. But you're right, we don't really want the low-quality stuff :)

19. With the new features rFactor 2 offers I hope that we won't see any half arsed conversions.

20. Bram

Bram

@FerrariMan96 Fully admit, I wasn't speaking of all the great mods that have been scratch build with a lot of love in the past few years as they are awesome. :)

• Like Like x 1