Modding Questions Thread

how his-res is hi-res?
only found this at a quick shot, but I guess you found that already aswell :D
http://sauberformel1.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Logo_Interproteccion.jpg
haha indeed :D i found that also. thanks mate
hires for me is above 2000px and transparent background. or 1000px above is enough as i make only HD skin.
interproteccion logo in vector is hard to find -_- have search in brandsoftheworld or any vector site but no luck.
asked someone who done sauber but still no reply :D
i need that for this, my last project for this game :cool:
see here : http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/the-w-i-p-thread.68655/page-103#post-1671424

Hi guys!!

I need a help...My question is not about the modding actually, its about the installation of the game...I don't know who can i ask, because i already wrote to the Codies, but they hasn't answered...Actually the stucked on the "prepairing to launch" screen...i'm sending you the picture of it...what should i do, because it hasn't moved in the last 8 hours...my computer is connected to the internet, and the dvd is also in the drive. I have the recommended config...any Ideas? Thx guys!!

Attachments

• F1 2013.jpg
    F1 2013.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 248
Hi guys!!

I need a help...My question is not about the modding actually, its about the installation of the game...I don't know who can i ask, because i already wrote to the Codies, but they hasn't answered...Actually the stucked on the "prepairing to launch" screen...i'm sending you the picture of it...what should i do, because it hasn't moved in the last 8 hours...my computer is connected to the internet, and the dvd is also in the drive. I have the recommended config...any Ideas? Thx guys!!
I dont think that it is the same problem i had...

But someday i had to reinstall a game on steam, i deinstalled it, wanted to install again.
But it was finished within 1 second, downloading nothing.
(In your case you dont seem to download anything in the last hours :/)

I solved it by installing steam a second time on my computer, just choose a different installation path (i just called it Steam2)
Thenthere will be a message "Steam on a new machine or something", you hav to enter a code youve been send via email, after that you can use it normally. (Just login with your normal account data),

Try to install F1 there, then copiying the data from the Steam2 path into th normal Steam installation path. (Just copy your folder F12013 whichis soemwhere in Steam2 and copy it in the same area in Steam1.) (you have to move the whole game fodler because otherwise you just have F1 2013 on Steam 2, on the normal Steam you do not have f1 2013 but your other games, so you have to move it to the normal Steam path)

Sorry... I cant explain properly :D
Helped for my problem.

JUST AN IDEA

Good evening.
I would like to know what values i would have to change in the effectsetup.xml to create a slight vibration to indicate the low griplevel when i accelerate. My intention is to get a better feeling at acceleration to save rear tyres(Gamepad). The optimal would be a with rising grip decreasing intensity of vibration.
Thank you in advance.
regards Robin

how to change the name of the driver? ex: felipe massa to raikonen
I use Ego Database Editor to edit database.bin,I change all the names inF1drivers and does not work
I have to change something else?

Thank you.

how to change the name of the driver? ex: felipe massa to raikonen
I use Ego Database Editor to edit database.bin,I change all the names inF1drivers and does not work
I have to change something else?

Thank you.
language file, not database (though you could switch IDs in the database)

Hi guys, I want to ask that how do you make renders in keyshot, I mean I have ML's 3d car model but I don't know how to put the car template on the 3d model ?
if you open the 3ds model files, the models are untextured. you need to import the texture that you've made and the generic, tyre, tread etc one after another. select project->materials. import all textures by selecting the paint part (like body_decal etc).
simple way. if you have the psd files, just export the models to recognizable format like .obj by selecting 3D-> Export 3D layers in Photoshop. place them to the folders that you want. and you get your models textured. open the obj file in keyshot and import the texture that you've made.
hope it helps you :thumbsup:

if you open the 3ds model files, the models are untextured. you need to import the texture that you've made and the generic, tyre, tread etc one after another. select project->materials. import all textures by selecting the paint part (like body_decal etc).
simple way. if you have the psd files, just export the models to recognizable format like .obj by selecting 3D-> Export 3D layers in Photoshop. place them to the folders that you want. and you get your models textured. open the obj file in keyshot and import the texture that you've made.
hope it helps you :thumbsup:
I still don't understand much :( can you make a tutorial video of it if you can, would be grateful

I still don't understand much :( can you make a tutorial video of it if you can, would be grateful
not sure i can make a video tutorial as i don't have fraps etc. but i try to make it simple. :
1. create a folder for exported .obj format in elsewhere
2. open photoshop format of ML's 3D model (.psd)
3. after opened the files, click 3D tab. then select "Export 3D Layer"
4. save it to the folder that you've created as .obj format
5. open keyshot. then open the model that you've exported
6. after opened, select project->material
7. in case that you have made your own skin, import your skin by selecting the body_decal, bodydecal_2side or something like that (i forget the names, but there are 3 parts of car's paint). click the folder icon then select your skin that you have made.

*you need extended ver of Photoshop if you want to open the photoshop 3d model
if there are some things unclear or still don't understand. you can send me a message.

not sure i can make a video tutorial as i don't have fraps etc. but i try to make it simple. :
1. create a folder for exported .obj format in elsewhere
2. open photoshop format of ML's 3D model (.psd)
3. after opened the files, click 3D tab. then select "Export 3D Layer"
4. save it to the folder that you've created as .obj format
5. open keyshot. then open the model that you've exported
6. after opened, select project->material
7. in case that you have made your own skin, import your skin by selecting the body_decal, bodydecal_2side or something like that (i forget the names, but there are 3 parts of car's paint). click the folder icon then select your skin that you have made.

*you need extended ver of Photoshop if you want to open the photoshop 3d model
if there are some things unclear or still don't understand. you can send me a message.
Ok. Thanks

What file do I need to change so that I can make a number two driver become the number one driver? For example with Rosberg and Hamilton.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.