Modding Programs / Modding Questions

You might have seen my question on page 26 about replacing the dull artwork of CM by the official artwork (you can dl them freely on formula1.com).
I found the solution, Photoshop and paint.net were saving it still with one mipmap eventhough I unchecked generate mipmaps so I used the Gimp with the DDS plug in and it worked. I am going to do every track so let me know if your interested.

Anyone interested in changing some of the large national flags to something else...

I started some but need some high res source material...

They look quite good around suzuka (only track I have added them too so far)...

crowdflaglrga03dtga.jpg

For spain I was thinking that yellow cross on light blue background (though I don't know what this flag is called or symbolises) and the basque flag + ferrari also...

Any help appreciated.
Nice idea! I can try to help you.
I saw that ->
prepaira-banner-in-the-crowd-for-vitaly-petrov-12jpg.jpg

Nice one, isn't it?! :)

Oh are you guys still interested in that? Cool. I'll upload something maybe tomorrow. I have added them to all tracks that have this size of flag, but they are incorporated in the same files as any track updates you may use, e.g Barnes Singapore, suzuka and Korea mods etc and uploading all my track mods would be a large endeavour and involve a very big download. The alternative would be to upload a few at a time or upload my flag.psd document with all my flags so you can edit, save as dds, and import to each track as you see fit...?

On the plus side, not all tracks have these large flags, some don't, so that would make it easier.

Oh are you guys still interested in that? Cool. I'll upload something maybe tomorrow. I have added them to all tracks that have this size of flag, but they are incorporated in the same files as any track updates you may use, e.g Barnes Singapore, suzuka and Korea mods etc and uploading all my track mods would be a large endeavour and involve a very big download. The alternative would be to upload a few at a time or upload my flag.psd document with all my flags so you can edit, save as dds, and import to each track as you see fit...?

On the plus side, not all tracks have these large flags, some don't, so that would make it easier.
Would you be able to upload the DDS files alone (not the full track pssg) for each track or would it be too large?

Here are my flags: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2FLF9CNN

Inside the zip is a psd for you to play with and 3 combinations of flags as dds files. Import into a track over the flags with name crowd_flag_lrg_a_01_d.tga etc. The Specular map crowd_flag_lrg_a_01_s.tga needs to go in with each flag. Find and replace the corresponding specular map for the flag you have replaced.

we have a league and we are discovering huge differences in cars performances online, and they're not the same depending on track. Do someone know if it is possible and how to make a physics/performance mod to have all cars REALLY equal online?

we have a league and we are discovering huge differences in cars performances online, and they're not the same depending on track. Do someone know if it is possible and how to make a physics/performance mod to have all cars REALLY equal online?
I think you will have to choose one engine file, a ctf that is, and rename it 11 times for the other teams, then copy the files track and balanced found in the car files and rename the files inside again 11 tiimes, you will have to rename all the ctf files inside balanced, and track, for each team so all teams have the same engine and same setup files.I think this should woulk but its a lot of editing name files, thats all, i hope it works for you
cheers
Ian

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes