PC1 Modding in pCARS (Want opinions)

Hi.

I've been following the pCARS development since February on the WMD forums, when I decided to get into it I thought "hey, since there is no publisher BS, I guess this project will be more open to modding than other games".

Now, since then I've seen several threads and discussions on WMD about the subject, they always ended up in flame-wars of people pro modding and people against it, and none of them seemed too serious about it. Until now, recently some user made a thread in the general forum to discuss what kind of plan could be taken to allow or not modding.

As of now, the thread has been overwhelmed by people against modding, which shocked me greatly since my experience with mods has taught me A LOT of people likes them.

So since I found out this forum is a more "neutral land" and people don't need to fear the *ahem* political correctness of the WMD forums, I'd like to ask your opinions on the subject, do you think mods are good for games and should be allowed? Or not?

PS. Most of the people against modding in this recent thread at WMD seemed to be higher ups. ($$$$):cautious:

Just to get back into the OP's topic .. I generally like mods but find it hard to manage in most games .. it can be kind of a chore to be new to a game with many mods.

So if they implement a good system to handle all the mods then I am all for it :)

Just to get back into the OP's topic .. I generally like mods but find it hard to manage in most games .. it can be kind of a chore to be new to a game with many mods.

So if they implement a good system to handle all the mods then I am all for it :)

Yep, that's all we wanted too. Amazing eh? Micas will be spitting hairs though.:laugh:

Naah, I don't think he will do anything like it. He is a passionate man and is not afraid to say his meaning. He knows we all get cake in the end ;)

Oh yes the cake. Big slices of it too eh? I remember when their was passion for a great game and not so much emphasis on cake at the end.:thumbsdown:

For me the cake is having real physics. All else is secondary. I'd rather have 1 car with incredibly accurate physics than 100 cars center sprung, but that's because I'm a sim racer I guess. By the same token I'd rather have 20 cars with 80% "accuracy" than 50 with 50% "accuracy" (accuracy being a word used to describe "similarity to real life").

Pity I missed Micas' post. I'm sure it was a classic. :roflmao:

That's rather ironic. He deleted my post, and if he had just been doing that with the libelous posts in other threads all along, RD wouldn't be getting sued.

By the way, do feel free to sue me for calling you naughty names (which I'm sure is unique in all of the internet forums). I'll look forward being served.

ed- oh.. and it would appear a previous post was edited (or deleted entirely) that told me to "f*** off". Ironies abound.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back