MOD: Minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to hear about FOs problems, Tom. Blue Flag are in with only one car, but even on the full grid STC we haven't had any problems since the Morgan was removed. Sorry, cannot give you any more input (I do repeat myself, I'm afraid).

Thx guys. All i can say all of our members have them, i mean every single one, myself included. On both the FO and STC server.

So far we havn't got them in the main race, for which i have no explenation. That is the only positive i can say.

if we can't sort them then i see no other solution or to quit, or to change cars. To be able to reproduce them you need to be at least with 2 different cars on the server and get close to eachother. It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but very often.

Thx guys. All i can say all of our members have them, i mean every single one, myself included. On both the FO and STC server.

So far we havn't got them in the main race, for which i have no explenation. That is the only positive i can say.

if we can't sort them then i see no other solution or to quit, or to change cars. To be able to reproduce them you need to be at least with 2 different cars on the server and get close to eachother. It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but very often.
does it happen also in offline mode? i mean, if you open a race weekend driving a scirocco and AI are only scirocco and vertigo, does the minidump comes up?
or it came only while driving in online on the server?

does it happen also in offline mode? i mean, if you open a race weekend driving a scirocco and AI are only scirocco and vertigo, does the minidump comes up?
or it came only while driving in online on the server?

No idea, as i don't know anyone driving against AI, maybe something that xosé or david can try also. I will try it this evening. Wont solve the problem though i am affraid.

sry for beeing so negative, but we have been reporting minidumps race after race. And i am giving up hope.
One thing i know, it can't continue like this.

Well perhaps the solution is to change cars?

At the moment the only practice we get as a team is on race day in the race, which is not ideal.

The Vertigo is an easy change as its a clone of the Marcos

The VW is not so easy.

If we were to change cars I would suggest give us the option to reselect our cars in the same turn as we did previously, so for Club team any car after ANEs selection, and for the Racing team any car after DMV2 selection.

I don't want to change cars personally, it means work for me with skins. If theres a better solution please advise, but the problems are ruining our season, demotivating the team and its just not fair for one team to have these problems and be expected to struggle through, its not our fault, its not anyones fault but it is a problem and we really need a solution.

Well perhaps the solution is to change cars?

From organization we are open to any solution, just propose.

I was thinking as Radical as this...

radical1..jpg

... so after all the mod work you can see how desperated we are to fix it.

The situation is this:

• I can't reproduce the dumps, so many others, so we can't help to fix it
  • Günthar is not very active due to personal problems
  • We suffer lag in server (probably because the 30 slots patch)
  • Different teams aren't happy with the situation because the problems focused on them mostly
So I'm listening :(

feeling very sorry for the teams hit, but I don't see a reason to change anything drastically. In real life, even the best teams have seen technical problems in certain seasons only to come back stronger the next season. Rees' dropping out today is dreadful, but so is Vettel dropping out while leading the pack. I would stick with both mod and tracks, also dropping the B teams is no solution. At the end of the day, all Flatout guys made it to the finish today, didn't they? Let#s not forget that minidumps often are caused by a player's PC, too.

We have massive problems with minidumps, but not one in the race sofar. Weird. So the 30slots isn't the problem here.
Lag, no idea, but i have seen it alot in EVO, mostly in the beginning of the race.

No our minidumps arn't caused by the PC's , that would mean every single flatout member and i do mean every single member would have issues. They for some reason don't happen for us in the race where the PC's are put under stress way more. If we would experience them in race like in practice, we wouldn't have finished any race.

even i am totaly gutterd of Fernandos drop i dont think it was related to this mod, its more like that evo in general likes to dump
more often/dropping connection running a mod, so after cooling a bit i think it was more like a normal dump that happens now and then
Fernando even did a tough job last night resizing realy every skin to standartsize wich improved loading times a lot for him
so the oversized skins are not realy the problem too, what was wired he dropped exactly at the moment the hughe lagspike came up
but again such things happen, by now i am same cluless as you guys and if its realy mod related then it is deeper sitting and only to fix
by Günthar wich mostlikely will have not the time to fix that in a short timeframe due to personal problems

even we got hitted bad today with the dump i vote to stay with the mod to the end, then betwine this and the next season try to sort it
if it cant be sorted till teh start of next season revert back to evo standart content till it is fixed just my 2 eurocent on this

p.s. befor you guys of flatout think about changing cars i would strongly sugest to try out the cars you will take then till the death to make sure
they run without this minidump problem problem on your server

Even so I know other leagues who run the game for ages and all their driver's never had a single minidump, not even recently (They don't use any mods) Or though we know Nords can cause them. They seem to be quite random for other people apart from Flat-out though IN stc like they can hit at any time. Hope a fix can be found, but hard to find a fix as the problem seems to be hidden in the mod somewhere no one can find.

The good thing though is that most people don't get them on race day and only one or two get them, like Me and Rees today, which drops us out of the title race with my one and cost Rees the win. I would hate it at the end of the season if someone lost the title due to a dump or something, I do hope that won't happen. Even though they are rare on race day, just one or two can be very costly.

yea thats why i sayed if the factor that couse the dumps can not be found STC should revertback to stock evo contend cars as then the game
normaly runs rocksolid ok the one or other dump happens sometimes but not that often as if a mod is used, as i sayed evo seams to react pitty
on any car mod as it likes to dump then

Well I'm just sorry to see this season being effected by technical issues. To see Fernando dump out of the race from 1st place on his debut was horrible, also to see Damian on his comeback race get dumped was equaly horrible. I don't know where to go from here but am I the only one that thinks this is wrong? Should we not all try to work together and find a solution? Surely we don't want everything to be decided on tech issues, please lets work this out, BVM should have had their first win today. I'm sure all the teams will support anything that needs to be done to avoid these problems. This is not negative, I'm sure everyone would help any way they can, but so far in STC I have never seen this sort of problem, in past seasons not many people have mini dumped. I have DNF'd because of blue screens and internet dc's, infact 4 or 5 times in a row at one point but never a mini dump. What does everyone think? am I the only one that thinks this isn't right? (David, Xose please don't take this the wrong way, if you disagree thats cool, this is just my opinion).

even i am totaly gutterd of Fernandos drop i dont think it was related to this mod, its more like that evo in general likes to dump
more often/dropping connection running a mod, so after cooling a bit i think it was more like a normal dump that happens now and then
Fernando even did a tough job last night resizing realy every skin to standartsize wich improved loading times a lot for him
so the oversized skins are not realy the problem too, what was wired he dropped exactly at the moment the hughe lagspike came up
but again such things happen, by now i am same cluless as you guys and if its realy mod related then it is deeper sitting and only to fix
by Günthar wich mostlikely will have not the time to fix that in a short timeframe due to personal problems

even we got hitted bad today with the dump i vote to stay with the mod to the end, then betwine this and the next season try to sort it
if it cant be sorted till teh start of next season revert back to evo standart content till it is fixed just my 2 eurocent on this

p.s. befor you guys of flatout think about changing cars i would strongly sugest to try out the cars you will take then till the death to make sure
they run without this minidump problem problem on your server

I understand that we should test everything with different cars and all that, but m8, we can't drive together on our server with our cars, we all dump within a few mins. One of our members just reinstalled windows and steam and EVO and the mod and he can't even do a lap on his own without minidumping (thats the stc mod not the normal game), again this isn't me being negative its just what we are experiencing. I'm lost, I don't want everyone to think I'm complaining but I have to say whats happening to my team.

Maik i understand you cant drive with/test with the cars you have actual choosen but if you think about swaping to
a different car lets say to the corvette do you guys still have this problem with dumps ??
and i totaly agree with you that this problem need to be adressed fast even not all are affected but i dont have
the knowlege to go deeper into the engien files skinning issues ok but anythink other it just ends for me and have no clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 146 86.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 29.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 59 34.9%