MOD: Minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is totaly wierd that it doesnt happen so much on STC server. If its ok I would like to have a practice session on the STC server with a few FO drivers and anyone else who wants to join to see if we have the same issues as on our server (I have a feeling that when we use more than 2 of each car, eg 3 vertigos or 3 vws etc it causes problems). I guess we should try changing the file names of our skins aswell. (maybe its an idea to change the file names and release them as a little patch for next race? it can't hurt to try it)

I had a very strange mini dump last night while having a few laps of Sugo with the team. I had the message "running low on video memory" at the top of the screen then "run out of video memory" and a mini dump, never saw it before. Something else we have noticed is it seems to happen alot when we get close on track to each other.

yep, that sort of MInidump has happened to me as well, but not in this mod. It happened a lot just before my mainboard and graphics card packed it in last summer due to a broken cooling fan, I would check rather quickly if yours are working fine.

Think the card is fine Eckhart been playin alot of BadCompany2 recently and it flys through that, gets hot but so does everyones with that game (it hardly does anything with evo). However my system has never been all that stable to be honest, think I had 5 blue screens in a row when racing in STC at one point but that was with the nvidea card and we know they dont like EVO, but since then I moved to ATI and not had a problem since, apart from mini dumps (which all our team is having). Really lost as to whats going on here, I hope we can pin it down with a test on the STC server, if all is fine there then we are getting somewhere and know it must be todo with our server, but if we have the same problems then maybe its the skins. (I know theres little problems on race day, but as I said maybe its to do with when we practice we have more than 2 of each of our cars on track...who knows)

I had a very strange mini dump last night while having a few laps of Sugo with the team. I had the message "running low on video memory" at the top of the screen then "run out of video memory" and a mini dump, never saw it before. Something else we have noticed is it seems to happen alot when we get close on track to each other.

I had it too one time. Really weird.

That "running low on video memory" error happened to me twice after using the computer for work with Photoshop, Fireworks... and then switch directly to evo, like the prorams I used before did not released the memory correctly, but of course I suppose this message can have different causes.

I'm setting up the server in Sugo now so you can practice and try if you have troubles there.

Cya!.

had that message in F-1 mod back some time ago....most likely has to do with skin or texture with high resolution

i had just a quicke look at it and it seams all the modcars use oversized templates by defoult
the normal size of Race series .dds is 1.33 MB for a body file while most modcars have 2.66MB
wich is compared to a standart race template highrez but i know i did not resized the ultima template
as example but the .dds is 2.66MB this might couse no problems on a highend system but can couse
a minidump on a system who runs allready on limit with the standart size

You are maybe on to something there Michael,

I compared cuttent skins with some old ones i had. Like the current Marcos of RPM has 2.66MB size where the old one flatout had in one of the previous seasons was 1.33MB. So I tried some stuff out, both have the same resolution (2048x1024) but then i save the rpm one as DXT1 i get a 1.33MB file ??? . Only when i save it as a DXT5 (which is for skins with alpha channels like the windows) then i get a 2.66MB file. Some of the files are huge like the windows of the Ford GT, those are even 4MB with a resolution of 2048x2048 which is double the resolution of the normal window of 1024x1024 .

Yep most skins have double the size they should have. Good call there Michael.

this could be a possible reason for the minidumbs; however i don't think the real reason is this one, i'm not so sure.
Anyway, i have an intel i5 750@3.8ghz and an Nvidia gts250 and even if i set everything to the maximum i don't get minidumps (using the 1.0 with the morgan i had dumps)

Reinstalled the game on the Flatout server. Only STC installed, and we had minidumps again.
Saturday we where with 4 on the grid and all 4 got minidumped (This was before the reinstall). This getting realy frustrated.
If this continues i don't see us racing much more. Our members are getting demotivated rapidly.

Tom, as you can reproduce minidumps easily, can you please resize all oversized textures (car skins) to 1.33 mb (this means half size they have now) and check if you still get minidumps?.

Maybe your problem comes from there and it's why you are getting them more than anybody else.

Cya!

What is weird for me is that it seems that only FO is having this weird problem... :confused:
Why david ? We are the only ones with the Scirocco and Vertigo.
Today again Minidumps, this time on the STC server. When the Scirocco and Vertigo come close there are minidumps.

So it isn't the server. It is the MOD. Scirocco alone is ok, or vertigo alone is ok. But when they meet on track its a minidump fest.

If this isn't solved we have little option then bail out of STC. This getting to frutrated. I have now made 2 lowres skins of the Scirocco. Lets hope this help.

We do need to get more support though.

we had today several minidumps on teh BVM server if we runn only ultimas its ok but this time Andreas was on there too
as the Corvette use a standart skin i.e 1.33 MB and the ultima a Highrez skin i.e 2.66MB it could be as handling error
when different sized skins come close. i am unfortunad a bit short of time so i cant equal all the skins to same size to test it
but that could be the couse of this trubbels

as tom sayed if the vertigo and the Scirocco comes close it dumps same situation vertigo = standartcar(standart sized skin)
scirocco = modcar (highrez skin)

yes the minidumps appear when 2 different cars come close. Tried the lowres (1024x1024) skin of the Scirocco and no luck. 1 vertigo and 1 scirocco on track. Both had the lowres skin of the scirocco installed. Scirocco got minidump coming close to the virtigo, same happened after swapping cars. The minidump appeared after beeing a few minutes on the server. The scirocco has a 2048x2048 skin where the virtigo has a 1024x2024. Thats why it has the double size , so size doesn't matter always :) :) .

I am out of options, the filename or skin. I doubt both have anything to do with the minidumps. The Ultima and vette have the _ underscore in their names. And i tried the skins. Reinstalled our server. No idea what to do next.

Why flatout has more minidumps, probably because we have 2 teams. Wonder why DHR or DMVs doesn't suffer from minidumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 449 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 173 26.9%
Back