• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Mirrors

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by paul willingham, Jun 4, 2017.

1. paul willingham

paul willingham

Ratings:
    +10
    Is it possible to adjust the mirrors in
    any way in assetto corsa

• Like Like x 1
  2. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg
    CAUTION - SLOW VEHICLE Premium

Ratings:
    +98
    Not that I have found....but I find that if you adjust your head position or even FOV you can get them set right.

3. paul willingham

paul willingham

Ratings:
    +10
    Kunos fix this please!

4. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    In what way you want to adjust the mirrors?
    In the assetto_corsa.ini you can change the fov and the far plane of the mirrors. I have set the fov to 20 (10 is default I remember?) and it's much better. You just see more.
    Far plane should be the view distance.
    Is that what you wanted?

5. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg

Ratings:
    +98
    I was assuming he meant the mirror angle in relation to the head position..to be able to angle the mirrors like you can in a real car...to eliminate the blindspot as much as possible...but I am going to have a play with that setting you just posted, it sounds interesting...but when I was setting up my triple monitors I found it was head position set in relation to the monitor setup etc that I had to get right....once the monitor/s are setup correctly you can just fine adjust with the head position tool...but I could well be barking up the wrong tree here lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    Interesting!
    Are the mirrors really changing with the head position? I thought the image displayed in the mirrors is always the same, regardless of how you adjust the Cockpit/helmet camera.
    Or how do you change the head position? I use the standard app which has the helmet as icon :)

7. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg

Ratings:
    +98
    yeah the side mirrors change with the fov and head position I believe (I am probably wrong)...using the head positioning tool (app) on the sidebar the side mirrors do seem to change once you have your monitor setup correctly for your real life view...I think you have to press either reset or auto position once you have made any fov (or in my case, any triple monitor adjustments using the side app)...again...I am no expert, but I do seem to be making changes to what I can see out of the side mirrors....there seems to be a very small 'sweetspot'...you just have to tinker until you hit it :).
    Theres seems to be little or no correlation between different cars...you have to get the setting right for each car (head position app again) and save it...sometimes the reset is good and just needs a little adjusting...sometimes the auto position is better...mod cars are even worse...there are some that I cant get the view right no matter what I do without changing the actual monitor setup which then throws out all the other cars views...the whole thing is a bit of a PITA :).
    A guide that I go by when setting up views is the drivers hands...I try to keep them the same size in each vehicle setup, but again its never right...I spend more time adjusting my views than I do actually racing lol...then throw in headtracking and start all over again lol.
    Another tip....watch some laps in replay from the drivers position and make adjustments as you watch the replay.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  8. paul willingham

paul willingham

Ratings:
    +10
    I mean when using this view to play cause when driving like this at the moment the mirrors resemble an old CRT TV not tuned in. I'd like to be able to see other cars in the mirrors. If u cant change it them it's just stupid!!!

Attached Files:

9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +355
    LFS has adjustable mirrors, it is very nice when driving in VR, it would be great to have something similar in AC.

10. Keith Gregg

Keith Gregg

Ratings:
    +98
    you can change the mirrors resolution and quality from the launcher menu...if its a mod car you are racing then I find sometimes the rear view internal mirror can look a bit crap.

11. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +1,495
    They are the same, the only control to change what they show is the FOV mentioned above.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ZethGAF

ZethGAF

Ratings:
    +102
    It's an engine limitation if I remember correctly.

13. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +1,495
    I mean, it's just "as designed" - 1 mirror costs less gpu time to render, so they have 1 mirror texture per car and the mirrors use different parts of the texture. Vs. having to use 3 (left/middle/right) or 6 (left/middle/right in VR) which would cost as much as rendering the reflection map at full frequency (6 sides of a cube per frame)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak

Ratings:
    +19
    really? you want to change mirrors because you use the roof cam? c'mon!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Zoltan76

Zoltan76
    Premium

Ratings:
    +18
    I realized while watching a VR video that the mirrors were fixed. As the driver moved his head, the view angle just stood the same all the time. I think that's a bit wierd.

16. Chadd

Chadd

Ratings:
    +16
    As in fixed you mean static, correct?

17. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +98
    i think iracing is the only one with the mirrors that move with head movement. I believe that most graphics engines have a hard time dealing with that.