Mirrors

Thanks for the input. Your right, just switching with the generic reflection map really wouldn't help. It's just a tiny issue, but somehow helps break the immersion when driving in vr...The math behind it would really be simple and not very time consuming per frame. But I guess they will fix bigger issues first.

In your own cockpit view (and maybe dashboard?), it uses the intended mirror textures (static angle). They're set up to show what's behind your car regardless where you stick your head.

In any other camera, it uses the generic reflection cubemap. Which does not render cars at all (to improve fps), and is much lower resolution (unless you go weird in the graphics setup and have ultra high quality reflections, and low quality mirrors). And it points wherever it happens to point, there's no way to adjust the angle of the mirrors to match your driving position. As far as I know its point of origin is the center of your car, so it wouldn't really be better as far as accurately positioning other vehicles anyway.

so no way with TVPROD cam with F2004 i can have perfect angle with side mirrors ?
sad, F1 2017 has this option.
the immersion from TVprod cam is massively reduced with this lack of feature....

edit: finally with cockpit cam, it's better :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back