1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Michael Schumacher

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by 123456789aa, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Schu wrecked Kimi's race

Michael Schumacher was allegedly responsible for Kimi Raikkonen's lost points in Sunday's Malaysian Grand Prix.
    Schumacher made the call to send the Finn out on full wets on a bone-dry track.
    Schumacher, who signed on as a special advisor to Ferrari after retiring as a F1 driver, is now sitting on the pitwall with the hope that his vast experience in the sport will pay dividends as the Scuderia bid to win the titles.
    But it didn't pan out that way on Sunday.
    According to reports in both the Italian and German media, it was Schumacher who decided to put Raikkonen on full wet tyres in his first pitstop despite the rest of the field opting to keep the softer Bridgestone tyres.
    The decision cost the 2007 World Champion over 20 seconds per lap, dropping him from a solid points-scoring position to 14th place.
    And with this blunder bringing Ferrari's points tally for the season to nought from two, it remains to be seen whether Schumacher will be confined to his Swiss castle come the next race in China

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Lol so that headphone Schumi is wearig all weekend is actually connected to somebody?

To be honest i thought it was a smart move to do it that time of the race. When the rain had come down according to schedule then Kimi had wet tyres on him and the rest of the field had to make a second stop to switch from dry to wet, bringing him right on top of the field.
    Schumacher can't be blamed for not predicting the weather right. They should point fingers to their meteorologist instead if they need to blame someone.

3. yup, it was a do or die decission. if the rain had come it would have been a great choice to do - unfortunately its egg on face time.

4. He's been sacked from the next 2 gp's also.

5. Source?

6. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lol.

I remember seeing Kimi trying to make it back to the starting grid when it was raining. Looked like he was trying to drive through a frickin' lake! My god there was so much rain there.

8. No it wasn't Schumacher says Ferrari.

9. :skywalker:Its Mclarens fault j/k no Mark Webber even came out in defense of Shcumi calling the reports unfounded and unfair.

Mr S will not be attending the race in Shanghai!

10. I thought the decision wrong way, but the clouds were as nobody expected that would take all that time to start raining.​

11. i read this earlier and, to quote adzvaughan.com, i got a mini chufty!

ps. can't type in all caps, just lol

12. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Why does a retired driver have a manager/spokesman?

13. Because this is Schumacher :)

14. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Correction, he is the Stig :) :th_sad:

15. Was just about to post that Bart.

Seems very silly tbh.

As Schumacher's staff are saying different things

16. David Buxton

David Buxton
    Premium Member

Would be good to see him drive without any aids :good:

17. I hope it comes back so Lewis can show us hes better then the great MS.