Mexican GP Debrief: Tempers Flare While Hamilton Eases to Victory

So watching Williams new kid on the block for next year can't help but thinking 2017 will for sure be a very interesting year.
And Max will get a decent competition.

:geek::unsure:

Grosjean style first lap misjudgements are a very different thing from what Max has done so far. I am not pretending he is perfect but I really think it is just down to inexperience and trying to get a better result than the car deserves.

Vettel deserved a penalty just for his attitude at the weekend. Calling Alonso an idiot, swearing at Charlie, complaining about drivers holding him up even though they were ahead of him in the race and moving under braking. Ferrari sacked Alain Prost for a lot less. :)

If you compare some of Grosjean's first corner antics with Max's they're very similar in several ways, granted he didn't cause a major accident like Grosjean, but several times he has been overly aggressive without regard for others. As well, if it were simply Max trying to push the car harder than other drivers because of his car under performing then Ricciardo wouldn't be up 70 points in the driver standings on Max now would he?

Vettel bias aside (I'm not going to argue with you over Vettel's race, though suggesting his behavior be penalized is beyond ridiculous), the fact remains that Vettel received a penalty for an incident in Malaysia, which was a very similar incident to what Max experienced in an earlier race with no penalty at all, or even a review of the incident from what I recall. This is the point I'm making, that drivers aren't being treated equally and the bias, or whatever may be the culprit, is ruining the sport and allowing Max to get away with extremely reckless moves at times.

Maybe the penalty he received here will wake him up, but he's got a long ways to go to be the kind of driver he has the potential to be if he doesn't mature.

He gets away with it because he never made a move in the way Massa shows here in this vid. Verry dumb example you have there. :D

But Max's move in Spa had the potential to be way more dangerous than this

My point is that while Max's moves under braking haven't yet warranted a race ban, he should have at least received a time penalty as moving under braking seems to have been against the rules for years.

Max is constantly in front of the attacker.

But i will help you now. So you can have a good rest at night.
https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/the-rules-of-racing/ Here you got your examples to make your point.

"On a straight, a defending driver has the right to suddenly change direction, even using the entire track width if they are fully ahead of the attacking driver. The same right does not apply in or immediately before the braking zone for a corner. Sudden changes of direction just before or within the braking zone are considered extremely dangerous, as they can leave the attacking driver nowhere to go. This rule is not stated explicitly in the FIA sporting regulations, but is considered an “abnormal change of direction” under sporting regulation 20.5

20.5 Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are not permitted."

So what Max was doing wasn't allowed, as it breaks regulation 20.5

Awesome, I'll sleep very happily knowing I'm right :)

• Deleted member 130869

The tempers flare in the title is for the race or the forum? :roflmao:

"Mexican GP Debrief: Tempers Flare While Hamilton Eases to Victory While RD Members Get Themselves in Ignore Lists and Life is Still Great for Vettel and Verstappen"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back