Cars Mercedes-Benz W125 1937 W.I.P.

Awesome, that's my go-to sim for physics and FFB.

It doesn't have as much content but damn does it put a smile on my face.
Agree.. it doesn't have much, but it has some of the best stuff. I have more than others, because I was practicing work on physics, I frequently build personal physics for some car that I like a lot, but feel like others didn't do justice for them. I was also lucky to get on making 1967 endurance race cars, then also 1954 endurance race cars and finally late fifties F1 cars. So I have plenty to drive for what I like, that unfortunately doesn't come in rF2 in reasonably similar type.

TL;DR - you don't have to read what's next

The later ones - cars from the fifties, I was very happy about with, till I found out yet another typical a problem of rF2, which indicates stuff being unfinished. There is some kind of bug about the solid axle geometries that spoils chassis compliance so extremely, you can't even achieve it by making stupidly soft suspension. I thought I had found a workaround of that, but it didn't come without it's own new problems... It is pretty sad really, it made me realize that perhaps it will be pointless to try bringing W125 to rF2 if I will not be able to get it right anyway. And I need solid axle for it to keep wheels like with DeDion tube. There was one late fifties Ferrari F1 that I worked, it kept on lifting it's inner wheel up in turns, I was so delighted when I found a workaround to keep some compliance at the rear and stopping the rear inner wheel lifting up and even unloading so extremely much, and the rest of the stuff was very much similar to real one, the way front rolled, the way I managed to find out how to make front tires to bit in to cause some tire roll like seen on real pictures from the era... and then just found that something else get broken.... It broke me realizing that it won't ever be fixed, just because S397 won't ever need a car like that. They could need better solid axle simulation for karts, but they are rather stiff, they are affected little, although I am sure they get a hit from that bug. Other car they have - a truck, is a novelty content, and is also rather stiff. Then they also have novelty content - a quad bike, which should be very compliant, and needless to say that one is perhaps most broken vehicle in rF2....

Sorry to put that out, it wasn't asked, I just wanted to say these things somewhere.

I also recently saw that a user published some skins for this car in AC. It is nice, but also so wrong, as real cars were all so different each, it looks so wrong to see several of them completely identical side by side lol

Anyway, I also noticed that Jason has released updated physics for this car separately. I think it is good news. While at the same time I am not so happy that the way I have edited them didn't click. I think I got several things pretty well, although it was long ago, I might have grown a bit since then the way I understand cars and physics. But I almost never launch AC again, and I also haven't tried latest physics for W125 and XJ13 that Jason has made. I guess that is fair, although it may not be ideal for a same mod to split up two ways, but I guess it is good if this car is going to be actually raced by AC people. And also I guess being more on pair to how Autounion drives , which is more down to AC car handling standards. I tried to express bit different perception. And to have different perceptions is interesting stuff in modern society.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back