F1 2011 Melbourne in career mode

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I've just started my second season with Williams, and, of course, the first race is in Melbourne. I've been racing against pro AI until now, but I tend to be a lot faster than them (at most tracks), so I decided to set the difficulty to legend. The difference is huge, to say the least. I've got my car set up as I like it, but I guess I'm doing something wrong, because I just can't get my lap times down. At my very best, I might do a 1.25.xxx lap time. The AI does far better, and I have seen a few youtube videos where people are doing 1.19.xxx. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Of course, at this stage, I don't have any upgrades to my car, and that makes a difference, but with the AI doing lap times of 1.23, I should be able to match them. Does anyone have some "tips and tricks" to share with me that might help?

I never use 11/11 and I can I'm pretty competitive as I'm always in top 5 in the RD league and club so I don't think 11/11 is bugged after the patch. 11/11 springs is just too stiff for me and I usually go for 8-8 or 9-8 in Q and 8-7 in the race cause this is a lot better or for the tyres. And 1-1 hight is not the best too. The car has a lot more grip with 1-2 or 1-3. Yep the all the left camber is a must especially at tracks like Suzuka but it's not working good at Monza.

11/11 is the softest, not the stiffest suspension. I'll try the 1/3 height

11 is the high stiff value for suspensions; 1 is the softest.
About anti-roll bars: usually I have the front more stiff than the rear (as said in the "Advanced setup guide" by RacerAlex) but here Kristiannn said that 1 front 11 rear is the best. It's only driving style question or 1/11 balance give more grip? I'll try...

11 is the high stiff value for suspensions; 1 is the softest.
About anti-roll bars: usually I have the front more stiff than the rear (as said in the "Advanced setup guide" by RacerAlex) but here Kristiannn said that 1 front 11 rear is the best. It's only driving style question or 1/11 balance give more grip? I'll try...

Well if my rear isn't 11, I lose grip. As for the "1" on the front.. If it's more you get tons of tire wearout and I actually feel the best with "1". Only on Time Trial, I use 11. :)

@Victor Ivanov It seems 1/3 ride height is better. Thanks! :D

Well if my rear isn't 11, I lose grip. As for the "1" on the front.. If it's more you get tons of tire wearout and I actually feel the best with "1". Only on Time Trial, I use 11. :)

@Victor Ivanov It seems 1/3 ride height is better. Thanks! :D
I have tried 1/11 balance and I can say it works: the car is less reactive, the grip is good (to be honest my sensation is that the grip is the same to have a balance with front more stiff than rear) but the really good thing is the reduced tyres wear.
And yes, as said by Victor, to me 1/3 ride height seems to be better.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back