Meca Cup 1 Pedals

Been thinking of switching my old G27’s for quite a while now, but having the expensive modded hydraulic pedal (Perfect Pedal) has always made me think twice and if swopping to load cells will be worth the financial hit.

Anyway, I eventually got my head around it and was going to hit the button on a set of Heusinkveld Sprints, until these showed up during research: https://meca.all4sim.cz/ As per normal I started research on the new ones, but not a lot out there as they are quite new, but Barry’s normal review here:
has put me right back to where I started, i.e. undecided. Obviously Heusinkveld are well known for their good customer support, but the Czech company are an unknown and I can get a set of Sprints within a week, whereas the Mecca’s will take a month. Quality and looks of the Cup 1’s looks fantastic and price is roughly the same. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, especially from anyone who owns or has tried both sets?

I contacted them
The 2 pedals kit will be available next week in their website.
I’m selling my HE Pro then I will order these with the base plate.
Some have said the Meca Cup pedals are HE Pro copies. Since you may own both do you agree with this, or do you feel the Meca Cup 1s are there own design?

Also, does anyone know how their support is? That is an important aspect for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some have said the Meca Cup pedals are HE Pro copies. Since you may own both do you agree with this, or do you feel the Meca Cup 1s are there own design?

Also, does anyone know how there support is? That is an important aspect for me.

If you're on Facebook search for the ALL4SIM - MECA CUP 1 Pedal Owners group. I have only needed help with one small thing, but anyone can join and you can see how active they are responding to people with questions, they reply very quickly.

Again, I haven't needed to order any new hardware or anything, but I haven't seen anything to make me worry if that situation would come up.

Upvote 0
All Heusinkveld would have to do to compete with the Meca and other pedal sets is to make and sell better looking and better feeling pedal faces (curved, anti-slippery, Tilton style) and then the Sprints then would look and feel much better. A cheap and simple improvent / addon and the Sprints would become a more serious competitor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, if you want your pedals to "chew up" your shoes, just add some skateboard to the pedal faces.
But be prepared to clean your ground sole from the pedal plate.
( don´t ask how i know :cautious:)

I got rid of the skate board tape because of the reasons above.

Its acompletely different thing when driving a car with sticky tyres hard, then the G-Forces could make your foot slip.

But my rig ist just standing still, so no need for new shoes in quick succession.

( I was trying to learn Heel`n`Toe, had a hole in my right sole in under a month),
its much less a problem when left foot braking.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
All Heusinkveld would have to do to compete with the Meca and other pedal sets is to make and sell better looking and better feeling pedal faces (curved, anti-slippery, Tilton style) and then the Sprints then would look and feel much better. A cheap and simple improvent / addon and the Sprints would become a more serious competitor.

Likewise, I'd say the only thing that would give the Meca's a bigger edge is proprietary calibration software. DIView isn't that complicated to me but it's not for everyone, and more could be done like different profiles and pedal response curves.

Well, if you want your pedals to "chew up" your shoes, just add some skateboard to the pedal faces.
But be prepared to clean your ground sole from the pedal plate.
( don´t ask how i know :cautious:)

I got rid of the skate board tape because of the reasons above.

Its acompletely different thing when driving a car with sticky tyres hard, then the G-Forces could make your foot slip.

But my rig ist just standing still, so no need for new shoes in quick succession.

( I was trying to learn Heel`n`Toe, had a hole in my right sole in under a month),
its much less a problem when left foot braking.

MFG Carsten

I do prefer a wider brake pedal but don't need the grippy stuff destroying shoes if that's the case...I did see a guy on the facebook group create a wider version of the stock pedal faces for his brake...he should consider making more to sell, I'd buy one.

Upvote 0
I have not found the grip tape on the meca cup 1’s larger brake pedal a problem at all and I race in socks.

The one criticism I would make would be a stiffer throttle pedal spring, an easy fix if I get round to it and certainly a personal choice.
After many months of use these pedals are awesome. Of course so are the Heusinkveld pedals but great to have a choice.
Calibration is maybe a touch complicated but in reality is just a case of following the instructions after reading them twice. Be nice to have some polished one click automated software but Diview should be within the realms of the majority here?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

At least to me the Sprints really don't look bad and they are not slippery (I'm using sport shoes for driving anyway). The pedal faces of my Sprints are definitely curved and as far as I know they always were and still are.

Upvote 0
I know everyone is really impressed with the beefy pedal deck, but I'm not sure I need one. Anyone mount these just to 80/20 profile?

Seems like I could just mount the pedals to the profile from my Sim-Lab P1-X which I don't think would flex. Maybe you can't really get things lined up how you want and still have the heal rest, I'm not sure. Berry mounted his set up with the Meca pedal deck to his P1 making me think that maybe you need the extra deck from All4Sims. However, I think he keeps his Sim-lab pedal deck flipped the other direction then I use which I think would allow me to mount the pedals on the forward 40x160 section and use the back 40x80 for a heal rest. Maybe the positioning does not work well though since they are in line. Any advice

Upvote 0
I know everyone is really impressed with the beefy pedal deck, but I'm not sure I need one. Anyone mount these just to 80/20 profile?

Seems like I could just mount the pedals to the profile from my Sim-Lab P1-X which I don't think would flex. Maybe you can't really get things lined up how you want and still have the heal rest, I'm not sure. Berry mounted his set up with the Meca pedal deck to his P1 making me think that maybe you need the extra deck from All4Sims. However, I think he keeps his Sim-lab pedal deck flipped the other direction then I use which I think would allow me to mount the pedals on the forward 40x160 section and use the back 40x80 for a heal rest. Maybe the positioning does not work well though since they are in line. Any advice
I dont have a P1X, but I have a GT1 Evo (the 2020 version), and I installed the MECAs directly to the pedal deck. The P1x and newer GT1 Evo (the one I have) come with stronger pedal decks, no flex whatsoever. You dont really need the extra pedal deck from MECA.

Upvote 0
These are currently directly mounted to a P1X. The simlabs foot plate in front is an addition on isolation bobbins with an LFE.

Attachments

• 9BBCECB5-1010-4DAC-BFA3-71B61A71CECE.jpeg
    9BBCECB5-1010-4DAC-BFA3-71B61A71CECE.jpeg
    518.8 KB · Views: 199
Upvote 0
I do prefer a wider brake pedal but don't need the grippy stuff destroying shoes if that's the case...

Circling back on this, I've been using the wide grippy pedal for about a month now and notice no wear on my shoes at all (flat rubber sole canvas shoes), but I've been doing 95% left foot braking...heel toe braking might be a different story I'd imagine.

Upvote 0
I'm going from the Fanatec V2 pedals to Meca Cup1 pedals. The V2s had a small motor for brake vibrations that I got use to over the last 8 years. :) Since the Meca pedals do not have vibration transducers, does anyone have good ideas to add vibration to the Meca Cup 1 pedels?

Upvote 0
I'm going from the Fanatec V2 pedals to Meca Cup1 pedals. The V2s had a small motor for brake vibrations that I got use to over the last 8 years. :) Since the Meca pedals do not have vibration transducers, does anyone have good ideas to add vibration to the Meca Cup 1 pedels?

I haven't personally used it, but Sim 3D just released a kit recently that's supposed to be very good.

Upvote 0
Rumble Motor Kit - Meca Cup1 | Sim 3D
I haven't personally used it, but Sim 3D just released a kit recently that's supposed to be very good.

Thanks, exactly what I'm looking for.

Upvote 0

Yea I found that the other day as well, sounds very promising!

Upvote 0
I might consider doing that as I've noticed quite a bit of dust around my pedals and I'm wondering if it's the grip tape, as it's never been this dusty before in my 5 years of simracing.

Powedered shoe sole with a touch of loose grit. Probably not ideal roommates with all the pivot-y bits it's accumulating on. As an alternative there's another type of nonskid tape without grit, intended for boats and barefoot use but tough enough for shoes. Search for non-abrasive or rubberized anti-slip tape for other examples

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back