Meca Cup 1 Pedals

Been thinking of switching my old G27’s for quite a while now, but having the expensive modded hydraulic pedal (Perfect Pedal) has always made me think twice and if swopping to load cells will be worth the financial hit.

Anyway, I eventually got my head around it and was going to hit the button on a set of Heusinkveld Sprints, until these showed up during research: https://meca.all4sim.cz/ As per normal I started research on the new ones, but not a lot out there as they are quite new, but Barry’s normal review here:
has put me right back to where I started, i.e. undecided. Obviously Heusinkveld are well known for their good customer support, but the Czech company are an unknown and I can get a set of Sprints within a week, whereas the Mecca’s will take a month. Quality and looks of the Cup 1’s looks fantastic and price is roughly the same. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, especially from anyone who owns or has tried both sets?

So the thing is mounted:
208FA9AF-E288-4084-9720-8E4384F503AB.jpeg

It took longer than I thought. The positioning made me sweat. Screw through spacer and then blindly hit the slot stone with the weight of the whole unit.
To position the pedals then a nut extension is worth its weight in gold! Because with a normal wrench you always have to hit the pedals!
9D941947-EADA-4650-91EF-DF4A9D9F1841.jpeg

The 200Kg. LoadCell could be tamed without problems with DIView to a comfortable power.
At the beginning I chose the strongest combination of rubbers (red/red/red), because I prefer a brake with little travel. At the first braking I found out that I am not such a hard guy, the pedal did not move a mm than slowly back until I found a good setup where the brake makes a short way but can be felt well (black/blue/blue).

So I went to the track in pCARS2 for the first time because I had a good comparison track with the current Time Attack combo. I had to get used to the pedal angles first, because the CSL Elite are a bit more angled, but I could already reach my best time in the 3rd lap. Unbelievable how good you can feel the brake and how constant you can brake. The CSL Elite were also good brakes but the elastomers are just a little bit too undersized and you just get play with time. With the Meca Cup1 you can feel when there is enough brake pressure and this is exactly what I wanted to do with the update.

The gas pedal and the clutch are a little bit smoother, because they were a little bit too strict in the default, but it's a matter of taste.

The throttle is due to the form also super for Heel & Toe suitable, I must still get used to not give too much gas, because I had to turn the foot extremely off with the CSL Elite to hit the throttle because of the short pedal plate, this is unnecessary with the Meca Cup 1, since these are very long.

Also the Cup Porsche in iRacing is great to drive with the pedals, I had blocking wheels with the CSL Elite. With the Mecas braking is a dream.

This is a short summary of my 1st rides with the pedals. From me until now a clear recommendation to buy. The workmanship is great and the finish is perfect - no fishbones or other unattractive features.
DC8937EC-7B6D-4A36-BCF1-1F89E005C4D2.jpeg

0B46FC43-A9B9-4D31-AC56-F073C43A1096.jpeg

94FF83DE-5C25-4A80-B55B-1D07815D291C.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a set, took delivery last week. Communication was really good, beautifully packaged and very pleased so far. Some intelligent and also simple adjustments, such as the throttle throw.
I fitted the included large brake plate and really like the feel. Really nice build quality, very solid.
The cups on the brake shaft were what really sold it for me on the design giving support on compression to the elastomers.
The pedal plate ordered is a tank, very heavy duty.
Really the only issue I experienced was my impatience with the pre order, the pandemic has highlighted how I expect everything next day or instantly!
5CB98EEA-93FC-4C79-AF50-65824F7F0A51.jpeg
C44719E5-E294-4B52-BEA2-2FA36FD776B5.jpeg
142C0B47-97BC-44BA-9C8B-5A6B14FEBEA9.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
None at all, do you foresee any issues?

I had concerns with whatever pedals I decide to go with as will be using multiple transducers combining LFE and TST units in the pedal regions. The primary concern was if powerful low-frequency vibes would shake the controller/box or cause possible interruption/disconnections with sensors.

So its good that you report no problems. If the large LFE is not causing problems then that's a good sign for others that other smaller less powerful units won't have issues too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just ordered a set, but won't get them until September, I think. I have a GT1 Evo from 2019 (before they started the steel plate reinforcement of the pedal plate), does anyone have any insight about whether I will need to do something about flex if I use the Meca pedal plate?

I know people had flex issues with the Heusinkveld Sprints, but that was when mounting them directly to the GT1 pedal plate, right? I think the Meca plate is supposed to be rock solid, but it only mounts to the rig at the four corners, so I suppose there is potential for quite a bit of pressure being applied to those points, I don't know.

Upvote 0
I just ordered a set, but won't get them until September, I think. I have a GT1 Evo from 2019 (before they started the steel plate reinforcement of the pedal plate), does anyone have any insight about whether I will need to do something about flex if I use the Meca pedal plate?

I know people had flex issues with the Heusinkveld Sprints, but that was when mounting them directly to the GT1 pedal plate, right? I think the Meca plate is supposed to be rock solid, but it only mounts to the rig at the four corners, so I suppose there is potential for quite a bit of pressure being applied to those points, I don't know.
I installed the Meca's directly to the GT1 Evo deck. My GT1 is a late 2020 version with the reinforced plate. I did not need the Meca baseplate. Since the Meca plate has to be bolted to the GT1 plate eventually, I think you will need to get the GT1 evo reinforcement plate available separately from SImlab.

Upvote 0
If you are in the market for a Pedal Set.. these are the Ones!

Martin and his staff are Awesome to deal with and this company is Serious about selling the Best Pedal Set out there, and what you get will show they are the Best!!

Upvote 0
I have been using these pedals for over 2 weeks now. Simply Amazing! Responsive, the gas pedal works smoothly and can easily feather when needed.

The Brake works as good as the one in my car. I have it set Black, Blue, Blue for the firmness. Once setup I found that when I brake it just is there and right... one of those hard to explain things.

The Clutch is smooth and to me totally feels like a real clutch.

I did not adjust the pedal angles from how they came, just how the whole setup sits on my rig.

Would I buy another set...Yep!

Upvote 0
My friend has a simracing center and the Meca boss told him they are working on a V2 hydraulic pedals .

Man, as much as I'd like to try out hydrualics, I'd rather something that requires less maintenance (pretty much every hydraulic pedal set I've researched there's the eventual leak you'll have to deal with), plus these current pedals sound like a great product. The CUP1's are definitely at the top of my list, may order a set next month. Would be upgrading from Fanatec V3 inverted pedals.

How is calibration performed on these pedals?

Upvote 0
Man, as much as I'd like to try out hydrualics, I'd rather something that requires less maintenance (pretty much every hydraulic pedal set I've researched there's the eventual leak you'll have to deal with), plus these current pedals sound like a great product. The CUP1's are definitely at the top of my list, may order a set next month. Would be upgrading from Fanatec V3 inverted pedals.

How is calibration performed on these pedals?
Calibration can be done by the well known software, Diview.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes