McLaren: 'We Know Where The Problems Are'

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
McLaren has told the press today that they have found the cause of the recent performance drop, by identifying the major areas they need improvement.

Image: ZeeNews

McLaren know there is no magical over-night fix, that restores the McLaren's to the front of the grid. They believe they have pinpointed the problematic areas on their McLaren MP4-28. They have prepared alot of upgrades to use on the car at this weekends Chinese Grand Prix.

"I believe we do know where the problems are on the car, we managed to improve the car between Australia and Malaysia, and we were closer on the pace there. Taking the learning from that weekend, we're taking a number of upgrades to China. Some are routine, some are a response to the moment. We need to run the package we have in China in order to be absolutely sure [about progress], so Friday is a very key element. I certainly believe we are on the right track now; we have an idea where the problems are. After the Chinese Grand Prix I think we will have more [answers]." managing director Jonathan Neale told AutoSport

Neale also said McLaren will still be fighters in the 2013 title fight. McLaren fully believe their Mclaren MP4-28 is a potential race-winner. they also believe they have a really good underlying package. McLaren insist they can turn the car around by the end of the season.

"We believe that we have underlying a very good package. Clearly it is not a performance we expected, but it's a long season as everyone knows," he said.

"We've seen in previous years the car that wasn't on pole [at the start] can fight it out right to the end, and everything we are doing here is designed first of all to make us back into winning form. If we can get on that quickly - and there is no reason why we can't - we can fight for the championship."

McLaren have previously failed to start the season well, but managed to turn it around by the end of the season. But with a team of such experience and history, McLaren should be producing excellent cars - as Red Bull do - at the start of each season.

The MP4-27 was an excellent car, they should of continued to build on that car after the Brazilian Grand Prix.
View the Post on the Blog

So I guess last years car was developed to the point that there was nothing else to develop?

hmmm, lets hope they can get this one right, this is the team you look forward to when the race turns into something boring to watch.

without Lowe....idk.

even if they fix the problems they have to deal with a competitive Mercedes with two Excellent drivers they have the Red Bull with two drivers even more crazy and have of course the Ferrari and other teams that really improve. Although all due respect to history and their budget is less time to talk to victory, I think they will return about the middle of the season...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.