Maldonado deserves to be banned from Formula 1.

Maldonado is a cash cow for Venezuelan oil money; he has shown to be rather mediocre as a driver. I doubt a race ban gets handed down, but you never know. I think he did turn into Hamilton, but really a racing driver could stab someone and claim complete innocence (sound familiar?), its part of the mentality that separates them.

Why focus on the negatives?

Hamilton has been a brat all season, "Is it because I'm black??"

Now Pastor has been a prat too. He will be punished accordingly, I doubt the FIA takes our opinions into consideration.

So. Happy point for Formula One. Turns out Bruno Senna CAN drive! And bloody well too if I may say so myself!

That was 14 years ago..
And was all different incident in terms of reason and outcome.
Taking someone out for REVENGE is more petty than taking someone out for the championship. On that basis, Maldonado should be given a WORSE punishment than being excluded from the WDC. Especially as it wasn't Hamilton's fault that Maldonado missed out on Q3, that was down to his teammate.
The reasons may have been different, but the intentions were the same.
PS I'm not one of those Hamilton fanatics, in fact I still refer to him as Ramilton after the Monaco race but, regarding this incident with Maldonado, Hamilton is innocent in my view.

As you say also now that they are complety different incidents. You cant ask for consistency of the stewards then.
Also you cant compare incidents that happened 14 years ago with incidents today.
Every incident is one that stands on itself imo. The factors that happens with incidents are never the same so a different outcome is always on hand.

But the FIA actually get stricter as time goes on. Senna took out Prost at the start of the Suzuka race purposely for the championship at very high speeds. No penalty. Drivers would take drivers out with intention before that and get no penalty either. Formula 1 rules get stricter and stricter, so I don't understand how Maldonado dosen't have a larger penalty.

Maldonado got a 5-place grid penalty for clashing with Hamilton, starting 21st. Hamilton got a reprimand (a formal warning).

Edit: No, I don't think Maldonado deserves to be banned from F1. Hopefully this penalty will teach him how to react after a small amount of contact.

Comparing this video with stewards decision:

No / Driver 3 - Lewis Hamilton
Team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
Time 14:48:00
Session Qualifying
Fact Causing a collision with Car 12.
Offence
Involved in an incident as defined by Article 16.1 of the 2011 FIA Formula One Sporting
Regulations
Penalty Reprimand

If Hamilton get the reprimand for causing a collision, then for what was PM penalized?

What a joke these F1 stewards are.

"Is it because I'm black??"

I don't believe in it, but it's always too easy to penalized him and if there's no reason to do it, well he still get a reprimand, "surely because his black".

If today was Lewis making what Maldonado did, I'm sure he would exclude from the Championship and if I was him that's what I would do, before they find a motive to it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.