LuccaRing - Circuito dei Baluardi

Tracks LuccaRing - Circuito dei Baluardi Luccaring 1.0 - Legacy HD edition

Login or Register an account to download this content
And yet my FPS is right up there with official tracks @ 150+, maxed out. (Gotta love the 1080...)

I think you're going to need to re-work your cameras, though. And is it just me or are things a bit underexposed overall?

Those niggles aside, my first 45 minutes were a lot of fun. This looks fantastic!

And yet my FPS is right up there with official tracks @ 150+, maxed out. (Gotta love the 1080...)

I think you're going to need to re-work your cameras, though. And is it just me or are things a bit underexposed overall?

Those niggles aside, my first 45 minutes were a lot of fun. This looks fantastic!

Yup, cams all look stuffed. :(

..is it just me or are things a bit underexposed overall?
That might be the case: i re-worked all the values so yes, might be generally darker. Works pretty well in the oculus for me..still, can quite easily bump exposure up a tad if more people think it's under-exposed. Thanks for your input!

Yup, cams all look stuffed. :(
Damn :\
..norbs, in case you are willing to do some updates in the camera department, please wait a couple of days as we might need to re-do the AI line once more (going to do a few tests later today). Cheers!

..quick update: after some more tests & feedback it seems like (almost) everything is OK. No performance issues were reported as of today: hopefully the 1.0 SD version will be playable by everyone even with older GPUs. We also spotted just a couple of minor UV's gone mad (5 minute fix) and this is a really great thing :)

Unluckily something is horribly wrong with the old AI line, so we recorded a new one (and it's working quite good..it was a while since my last race on LR: a full field of mixed GT3's can be really great fun, and the Oculus is an incredible device!). So... the bad news is that now we need to remake all camera sets from scratch. Hopefully, with the help of mr. Norbs (kudos) this won't take too long :p

We'll keep you posted!

Agreed on the AI line - I was on pace at 100% last night, and while flattering, that's clearly incorrect. :redface:

FPS for me is actually about 10 higher than Nords, consistently. Fantastic job with the optimization.

Agreed on the AI line - I was on pace at 100% last night, and while flattering, that's clearly incorrect. :redface:

FPS for me is actually about 10 higher than Nords, consistently. Fantastic job with the optimization.
..about the AI line, the one you are driving in 1.0 pre-release is actually our AI candidate so i'm interested in more feedback (the horrible thing is that the previous AI line is crashing AC): so, i tried just a couple of 5 laps races (GT3 mixed, and MX5 cup single class), it was fun for me and at 98% i was able to race in the top 5 but could not climb up the podium. Maybe we just need more feedback!
@norbs please wait a while before working on cameras :p

..about the AI line, the one you are driving in 1.0 pre-release is actually our AI candidate so i'm interested in more feedback (the horrible thing is that the previous AI line is crashing AC): so, i tried just a couple of 5 laps races (GT3 mixed, and MX5 cup single class), it was fun for me and at 98% i was able to race in the top 5 but could not climb up the podium. Maybe we just need more feedback!
@norbs please wait a while before working on cameras :p
Does your road surface end at the wall or does it go under it some? If it goes under then the AI edge line will be beyond the wall and can cause issues with the AI. AI edge limit is only defined by valid road surface and not walls in case you didn't know. I can take a look at the line if you want.

I wasn't paying attention to it at a diagnostic level, but it seems to me the AI was braking a bit more than necessary in a couple of the tighter spots, slowing down the lap time while being generally competent everywhere else.

Does your road surface end at the wall or does it go under it some? If it goes under then the AI edge line will be beyond the wall and can cause issues with the AI. AI edge limit is only defined by valid road surface and not walls in case you didn't know. I can take a look at the line if you want.
..mmm valid surface is only on tarmac.. i'll double check namings tomorrow but i don't think here's any issue with the walls/geometry, the ai line (the new one i recorded) seems fine (only i got a report of AI being quite slow..), and in the editor enabling right and left splines shows them properly following track limits/pitbox entry.

..mmm valid surface is only on tarmac.. i'll double check namings tomorrow but i don't think here's any issue with the walls/geometry, the ai line (the new one i recorded) seems fine (only i got a report of AI being quite slow..), and in the editor enabling right and left splines shows them properly following track limits/pitbox entry.
Sounds good. Are you recording the line at a race pace or slowly? And also what car?

Green green green! Thanks to Norbs we found out why the 0.9 AI /cameras were not working anymore: just had to change a setting in the .fbx exporter (from "-Z forward" to "Z forward"), now everything is working as it should. One of those trivial things that are solved in seconds...but only if you have the right intuition! So: (once again) THANKS MR NORBS :D
Having solved this annoying issue, we are now almost ready for the public release (which will take a few more days). Stay tuned!

BTW, if anyone has any doubts about just how much work has gone into the track. Jump in to Google street view. I got the shock of my life when I did a virtual drive around the track and was picking out braking markers and turn in points on street view!

Check these out.

Nvz5ULN.png

wBNHPDZ.png

cSQNDIb.png

SKO19RB.png

O0P4pwy.png

1UrJ4tn.png

I think I have mentioned before that not long after the first release I was driving around the track and my wife walked in and said "That looks like a town in Italy I went to called Lucca."

Kudos Enrico and all involved. Great job!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.4%