LuccaRing - Circuito dei Baluardi

Tracks LuccaRing - Circuito dei Baluardi Luccaring 1.0 - Legacy HD edition

Login or Register an account to download this content
irSindaco submitted a new resource:

LuccaRing - Circuito dei Baluardi - A unique street circuit set around the iconic walls of Lucca (Tuscany)

LuccaRing “Circuito dei Baluardi” is the first virtual race track built around the medieval town of Lucca. The track is developed for the best made in Italy racing simulator: Assetto Corsa by Kunos Simulazioni.

Depending on user’s feedback, we plan to export it to other platforms in the future.

The 3D model developed by ir Sindaco with the help of Directo web addict and carefully reproduces the road...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Sindaco,

Great track fun and challenging.
But just to let you know that I have found that if you hit the trees at speed you end up sinking through the road.

And this is just me being a pain, it would be good to have the pit merge kerb/mound to start closer to the pit entry point and just have a single white line extend to around the corner like it is now. As in a race you come around the corner side by side and your pit limiter comes on then you have to jump over the kerb to get back on the racing line.

big thumbs up though

Hi Sindaco,

Great track fun and challenging.
But just to let you know that I have found that if you hit the trees at speed you end up sinking through the road.

And this is just me being a pain, it would be good to have the pit merge kerb/mound to start closer to the pit entry point and just have a single white line extend to around the corner like it is now. As in a race you come around the corner side by side and your pit limiter comes on then you have to jump over the kerb to get back on the racing line.

big thumbs up though
Hi Jarqus, thanks for your useful feedback!
While i don't know if there's much i can do for the issues when hitting a tree and consequently falling into nothingness (that could be some kind of engine bug/limitation?), i will try to make it work by updating and reworking the collision mesh in a future release (you just gave me some ideas on what could be the issue...let's try and see).
For the pitlane entry, i will investigate and make some more tests (also the AI has some problems when occasionally getting 2 wide in last corner) and see if i can find a better solution than we currently have.
Thanks again and have fun, a new update is coming in the next weeks :)

irSindaco updated LuccaRing - Circuito dei Baluardi with a new update entry:

Update v0.9 SD

Version 0.9

• From now on 2 versions are available: Luccaring v0.9 SD is packaged with reduced textures resolution for better performance on lower end PCs and to fit RaceDepartment maximum upload size limits; Luccaring v0.9 HD is packaged with full resolution textures and is available for download to contributors on the official website www.directo.it/luccaring

LuccaRing SD should not look much different than the HD version for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Deleted member 130869

Congratulations on all that has been achieved so far. If you eventually are able to port it to rF2, you should expect some reasonable increase in donations as you reach overlapping and new users. Cheers.

I had this error while extracting with WinRAR
Senza nome.jpg

And the same files gave me errors even using 7zip
Senza nome2.jpg

Here HD Version :)
Assetto Corsa - irSindaco - Track Mod - LuccaRing - Circuito dei Baluardi HD T500RS 60FPS (Cockpit-Cam)
Assetto Corsa - irSindaco - Track Mod - LuccaRing - Circuito dei Baluardi HD T500RS 60FPS (TV-Cam)

@JuggernAlz yes, we have been working on it for months despite the lack of news. By the end of October we should hit v1.0, preview it at LuccaComics and Games 2016 and then release it on the web a week later. Not much stuff to show off yet as we have been doing lots of fixes and new stuff, but everything is still only in Blender.
More specifically, we added 5 missing buildings, scanned the entire walls (so much better than the current repeating texture and approximate mesh!), scanned a large monument which was completely missing, fixed everything that users reported (and probably introduced a few new bugs...who knows!), finished what was unfinished and many other tweaks.
..and adding to that, we already started working on a new side project sporting a shorter (but extremely detailed and based off a giant & accurate pointscloud) layout of the LuccaRing, in which you'll be able to drive over the walls and inside the old town ;)
Stay tuned and thanks for caring!

@JuggernAlz yes, we have been working on it for months despite the lack of news. By the end of October we should hit v1.0, preview it at LuccaComics and Games 2016 and then release it on the web a week later. Not much stuff to show off yet as we have been doing lots of fixes and new stuff, but everything is still only in Blender.
More specifically, we added 5 missing buildings, scanned the entire walls (so much better than the current repeating texture and approximate mesh!), scanned a large monument which was completely missing, fixed everything that users reported (and probably introduced a few new bugs...who knows!), finished what was unfinished and many other tweaks.
..and adding to that, we already started working on a new side project sporting a shorter (but extremely detailed and based off a giant & accurate pointscloud) layout of the LuccaRing, in which you'll be able to drive over the walls and inside the old town ;)
Stay tuned and thanks for caring!
Really good to hear, was afraid you stop updating your work after the purge like so many did. Can't wait

@irSindaco Ciao, ho un problema: quando vado a scaricare i files dalla cartella compressa mi appare la finestra con un sacco di messaggi di errore. è un problema del file che ho scaricato o so io?
Grazie per l'aiuto. e complimenti per questa bellissima mod!

@bubbe88 ..solo un altro utente ha avuto un problema simile, risolto come segue: per estrarre i file prova ad usare 7-zip (non winrar/winzip). In ogni caso 7zip è open source (gratis).
Se ancora non funziona, prova a scaricare nuovamente il file che probabilmente si è corrotto durante il trasferimento. Se il problema persiste anche così, fammi sapere e vediamo come fare.
Enrico

@bubbe88 ..solo un altro utente ha avuto un problema simile, risolto come segue: per estrarre i file prova ad usare 7-zip (non winrar/winzip). In ogni caso 7zip è open source (gratis).
Se ancora non funziona, prova a scaricare nuovamente il file che probabilmente si è corrotto durante il trasferimento. Se il problema persiste anche così, fammi sapere e vediamo come fare.
Enrico
Ok, con 7-Zip nessun problema. Mod installata e provata. Veramente un ottimo lavoro! Grazie mille!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 5.7%