1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Low fps after patch

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by ouvert, Jul 11, 2015.

1. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +522
    Today I lauched the game and without any changes to settings or my HW/SW I was surprised of having only 20-32 FPS with spikes to 40-60 .. before last patch (after previous and before that) I was easily reaching 80-120 FPS .. MP4 on Sonoma and Moskow ...other sims are running fine ..
    anybody with the same issues ?
    Thanx

2. Jamic9

Jamic9

Ratings:
    +30
  3. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium

Ratings:
    +852
    I had the same expirience, but then realised, some graphics values are suddenly set higher (shadows, motion blur, track details ...). I simply set everything as it was before the latest patch and FPSs are about the same now.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  4. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,543
    Does anyone else have FPS problems at Shanghai? I just bought it a few days ago and get terrible FPS and stuttering at that track. On every other track things are silky smooth, even with a full grid of cars. But at Shanghai it feels like 20fps.

5. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    Like Matej stated, a few graphics settings were changed after the new patch. Shadows were one of those and shadows can cause havoc on GPUs. Definitely check the shadow settings.

I have everything on high, except shadows, and when the patch was released, shadows were set on high and my FPS dropped 10-20 when I was using in-car view.

6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,543
    What shadow setting do you recommend? I've noticed that I'm having fps drops at multiple tracks now, I never used to have fps problems on any of the tracks in this game even running at near max settings.

7. Martin Edmunds

Martin Edmunds

Ratings:
    +107
    Try no split shadow.
    Or split with lower level of shadow ( like 8 instead of 32 )

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    I agree with Martin Edmunds. Split shadows are a resource hog. If that still doesn't work, try setting anything related to shadows to medium or lower.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,582
    I turn shadows off all together and it helps immensely! :) Personally I find the visuals dont look bad at all without shadows, so the frame improvements are worth the visual loss
    Cheers