1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AU Lotus 98T @ Monza - Sat 26th July 2014

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club & Leagues' started by Chris Stacey, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Saturday Night is open-wheeler night!

"Back to a time where man was forced to wrestle machines that had 1200 brake horse power, and yet weighed only 540 kilos. You best pack some spare underwear for this one."

Special Notes:
    • Book your slots in time from 19:00 AEST (09:00 GMT) onwards which leaves you with a 60 minute time frame to complete your booking on the server. If you can't book in time make sure to sign out before 19:00 AEST (09:00 GMT) so your spot can go to somebody else.
    • Passwords are sent via private message on the forums before the booking starts
    • Minimum number of sign ups for event to go ahead: 4
    Cars: Lotus 98T
    Track: Monza

Booking: 19:00 AEST (09:00 GMT)
    Practice: 20:00 AEST (10:00 GMT)
    Qualifying: 20:30 AEST (10:30 GMT)
    Race: 20:45 AEST (10:45 GMT) 25 laps

Racing Club Rules: click here
    Teamspeak Password:
    click here
    Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here

Our racing clubs are first and foremost meant for gaining online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's not about who wins, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit! The more fun we make it, the more inclined people will be to join in and make the grids bigger.

Priority access
    In case of a large amount of sign-ups premium members are given priority access to enter this event.

Entry List
    1. Chris Stacey
    2. Sun Levi
    3. Jack Trooper
    4. Tony Binelli
    5. David Armstrong
    6. Noel Spence
    7. Jamie Pyatt
    8. Michael Young
    9. Dewald Nel
    10. Ashley Cowan
    11. Justin Talent
    12. James Scanlan
    13. Aki Korhonen
    14. Lee Williamson
    15. Paul Luck
    16. Michael Stead
    17. Jan Salat
    18. Available
    19. Available
    20. Available
    21. Available
    22. Available
    23. Available
    24. Available
    25. Available
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Ashley Cowan

Ashley Cowan
    Premium Member

Ok, I'll sign up.
    But I just want ever one to be aware of the **** Your Pants Feature.

I was cruising around nicely in this thing on default settings, really enjoying it. Getting confident under braking and 1.5 seconds a lap faster then just becoming consistent. I then notice the 60% on the dash for the turbo boost. Somehow I discover Ctrl+3 makes it 30%, Ctrl+4 makes it 40%.
    Well Ctrl+0 makes the boost 100% and you basically **** your pants.
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Sun Levi

Sun Levi
    Premium Member

Sign me up Chris! Can't wait for this one!

Just drove the car round Silverstone and it's awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jack

Premium Member

Is that because the harness holds you in so tight you can't put
    your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye
    • Haha Haha x 2
  5. Ashley Cowan

Ashley Cowan
    Premium Member

Just read the boost is changed by just using the numbers. No need for the "Control Key" and the number. Also apparently it destroys the engine after more than a lap.
    I assume most of us run with damage off which may present a problem as 100% is worth as much as 4 seconds a lap at Monza.

Put your thinking cap on @Chris Stacey.

And Jack - The acceleration of this thing in 2nd and 3rd. I have never seen anything like it!
  6. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Until Kunos model the engine damage sufficiently, it's probably wise to stay away from 100% boost. Haha

But, it makes it more strategic.
    I just wish we could assign the boost +/- to something on the wheel, or shifter rather than having to reach for numbers on the keyboard
  7. Jack

Premium Member

This thing is killer the gear change from 2nd to 3rd gets me all side ways.
    I'm pushing as hard as i can i just got 1:32:2xx with 80% Boost if i go to 100 % boost i just keep sliding and wasting my tyres. So keep practicing I Suppose.:rolleyes::geek:
  8. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

This thing is beyond crazy.
    The torque when the turbo kicks in is just plain scary haha

I think I'm actually in love with it lol
  9. Jack

Premium Member

Oh Yeah Baby Me to SO MUCH FUN as much as the Lotus 49
  10. Justin

#1 overuser of the :P emoticon

In for this already. This car is all sorts of awesome. The rush of acceleration when you push the turbo to 100% is ridiculous! :D
  11. Sun Levi

Sun Levi
    Premium Member

1:32?! I'm pushing my ass off with 80% and my best atm is only 1:34.142! And I can't see where I can gain any more time
  12. Jack

Premium Member

WOW Every dog has there day !!!! haven"t reproduce that 1:32 but hitting
    1:33:3xx consistently. I just blown away at how deep you can go under brakes and how early you can hit full throttle,(Except that first Chicane) I'm still losing time through Ascari I think that's what its call the left and right hander before the back straight . I just had a run on Qualify tyres and got a 1:31:225 with 100% Boost :).

Sun Known you and the others you will nail it I'm sure of that.:thumbsup:
  13. Sun Levi

Sun Levi
    Premium Member

Damn man, I was running on quali tyres and low fuel when I got the 1:34! :unsure:I was running default setup with tweaked gear ratio, Gonna need more practise before this race for sure hahaha
  14. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Practice is for sure the word of the day for this one haha.

I did a 1:39.9 with 60% boost, medium tyres on a green track.
    I then tried to go up to 80% just to see what kind of time I could get... In the wall. lol
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. David Armstrong

David Armstrong
    Premium Member

Sign me up please boss :thumbsup:
  16. 1.31 :O ??? long way to for me then T.T xD
  17. Ashley Cowan

Ashley Cowan
    Premium Member

I have worked for hours to try and get within 2 seconds of you @ 80%. Studied ever word of your post to find the answer and the word "consistently" is p*ing me off.

The only thing consistent about this week will be the phone call my work gets everyday at 8am "Oh sorry can't shake this cold, better stay away".
  18. im in this thing is awesome !!!
  19. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Event format updated.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Event format reverted.