AC Lotus 98T @ Monza - Sat 26th July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
ok, cause I thought the Tony thing was ok and could be arsed getting more screen shots. I downloaded a screen grabber from Cnet and had just finished fighting the adware so was a bit a shocked. I am out. See you one of the nights next week.

cheers to chris and tony ,and badluck chris ,congrats to sun again and paul and michael i think . I had a tremendous race with jamie and justin for all of the race and had to use the 100 boost on the second last lap to get jamie off my back and was so close to blowing the motor , and congrats to all for no one blowing there turbos amazing i think

Sorry, but I will not be able to make this one, or indeed any Aussie races it seems. My ping is 550 all the time. I wouldn't even try this on rFactor 1/2, never mind AC.

Such a nice time to race, so this saddens me.

I hope this car gets used on some European servers soon.

EDIT: Went onto the server, and my own car was weaving in a straight line. Pretty dangerous just to keep it on the straight and narrow.
you should give it another go dewald , and we will watch how bad your lag is maybe its ok

So gutted I couldn't make it guys :(
I was looking forward to this event so much all week.
It was genuinely the worst timing. Luckily I got the passwords sent out in time, because it cut out at 5pm on the dot, and only just came back on this morning.

Sounds like it was a success though?
I see there were some racing incidents, did they all get sorted?

Only at the start I believe there was some touching going on but nothing serious at all, on team speak it seemed everybody was having fun! There was a train of battles I believe that I heard on team speak, I didn't know what was going on behind much being way ahead in the lead but @Paul Luck Kept me busy pretty much the whole race!

It was a good view looking back at the start :D

Ae5zTYR.jpg

Im loving this car!, should do more events with it in my opinion!

Im loving this car!, should do more events with it in my opinion!

We will.
But not too often. Don't want to over saturate it, because it'll lose it's specialness. :)
I'm trying to give an even spread of cars and tracks so we're not repeating things too often.

Yeah I understand :) I love the variety we're having with these clubs anyway :D Such a shame you couldn't join us! Would be interesting to see your pace, could've been an awesome battle with you, seeing as we pretty much have battles every event together haha, can't wait for next weeks event!

Yeah, it was a pretty crappy night last night.
The internet cut out, and Lewis's car went up in flames. Oh well, next week I'll be back with a vengeance! Haha

If there's one thing I don't really like about the 98T, it's that the slipstream feels a little too strong. I dunno if that's actually how it was in real life back in the 80's, but it feels like some sort of super-DRS when you're 50m back from the guy in front, and you just breeze past him.

I mean, Senna was stuck behind Mansell in Jerez in 1986 for a loooong time and couldn't simply breeze past as easily as we do. I know the 98T had massive ground effect, so that's why slipstream would be strong, but I just get the impression that it's a little too strong.

Bad luck Chris,Was an awesome race, incidents were just racing incidents, no ones fault and a shitload of fun. Chris ,most of the guys I'm sure would be happy to run this car in a couple of weeks to make sure you get to race it. Hope ash is taking Suns comments as taking the piss as I can tell that's all he's doing and I found last night the cameras are very controversial as every camera shows a different story. Personally I made only 2 mistakes which was a record for me lol.

I think the penalties set to 3 wheels out worked really well. And also change in track grip was fantastic. Thoughts guys?
So looking forward to Friday night, thanks Chris and RD

Haha the whole Ashley thing was just for laughs :roflmao:

I love the change in track grip, it's fantastic! I'm so glad that feature is in the game, really makes qualifying so much more fun!

And yeah I agree Chris, I don't know how it was back then but man in this game it's crazy!

cheers to chris and tony ,and badluck chris ,congrats to sun again and paul and michael i think . I had a tremendous race with jamie and justin for all of the race and had to use the 100 boost on the second last lap to get jamie off my back and was so close to blowing the motor , and congrats to all for no one blowing there turbos amazing i think

Yes was great Noel for me to have a good clean run and be near some other drivers for a change. Bit of practice helps I guess. Gutted I didn't use the boost to get by when we got close down the main straight. Too worried about just keeping it on the track I guess and getting to the end.
Not happy I didn't save the race properly. When I renamed the file it only saved the quali section. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks to all for helping me with the lack of knowledge I have with the computer /game/team speak side of things too!

Fun race, Got a good start and went from 4th to 2nd as I saw smoke and spinning cars in my mirror :)

First 10 laps or so Sun and I were doing almost identical lap times but couldn't get close enough until I put a wheel off track and copped a bullshit slow down time penality.

Then Michael started challenging towards the end and overtook me on the 2nd last lap by risking his boost. Then on the last lap he out braked himself going into the first chichane and I managed to just slip past and hold onto 2nd.

Pretty intense car to race but super rewarding as well.

Had great fun last night. :) Wish my race would have gone better, but even after all the practice you can do this car can still throw a few unexpected surprises.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back