AC Lotus 98T @ Monza - Sat 26th July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Are we running 100% mechanical damage?

Also, I don't know if it's a bug but sometimes after I leave the pitlane or maybe done half a lap even without any revs and just coasting, sometimes the engine light goes yellow?

With 100% boost and qualifying tyres my best atm is 1:31.480, Engine blew up just before the line, Is anyone else able to do 1 hotlap with 100% boost? Because I can't ahaha.

With 100% boost and qualifying tyres my best atm is 1:31.480, Engine blew up just before the line, Is anyone else able to do 1 hotlap with 100% boost? Because I can't ahaha.[/QUOTEbest i could get without blowing the engine is 70 per cent boost and a 1,32.7, but with 100 percent boost and without damages i get a 1.29.2
, and not sure which is best jamie i am using clutch

Of course we're running damage on. Where's the skill in it being turned off? Make sure you have fuel usage and tyre wear turned on as well.
The 98T can only run like a maximum of 2 laps in real life with 100% boost before the engine gives up.
If you run at 50-70% with the engine limiter set to around 96, then you won't blow your engine at all.

Nope. Sorry mate.
yes but if boost 100% mechdamage off you can hit to the limit full race.sry bad english.

Judging by the comments I should probably do some practice for this one - I haven't even updated AC since last weekend yet, let alone tried the car :roflmao:

Btw @Chris Stacey I think you've missed my name in the signup list.
Looking forward to this weekend :thumbsup:

no fun when mech damage on..no enough hp/boring to drive..dont think that turbo will give up after one lap

If you don't like the rules, then you're perfectly within your rights to sign out.
But rules are rules. Mechanical damage is on.

End of.

P.S.
Keep in mind that this is an Australian based server event. So if you're in Europe you will have a ping of about 320-380.

Well this has been an interesting read for me as I have never realized that mechanical damage needed to be on:(

I have everything else on tires, fuel etc.

I am such a noob that I am sure I will constantly blow engines due to my downshifting mistakes. I might have to rethink this race:(
Will practice and see how many engines I blow.

Well this has been an interesting read for me as I have never realized that mechanical damage needed to be on:(

I have everything else on tires, fuel etc.

I am such a noob that I am sure I will constantly blow engines due to my downshifting mistakes. I might have to rethink this race:(
Will practice and see how many engines I blow.

If you run less boost, like 70% or less, and set the engine limiter to 96% or less then blowing your engine doesn't become an issue at all, so long as you dont miss shift.

Running without damage will mean that people can simply run at 100% boost and it'll just get silly.
100% is barely controllable.

It just requires practice. I'm finally starting to get the hang on this thing, and it's glorious.

If you run less boost, like 70% or less, and set the engine limiter to 96% or less then blowing your engine doesn't become an issue at all, so long as you dont miss shift.

Running without damage will mean that people can simply run at 100% boost and it'll just get silly.
100% is barely controllable.

It just requires practice. I'm finally starting to get the hang on this thing, and it's glorious.

I think that Jack trooper and I should run 100% turbo with no damage and you guys all have to run damage, Now seeing as I own the server I think this is fair and i'm sure you will all see it my way:) right David!! PMSL

With Damage on and running 60% boost will be interesting to see peoples Strategies.
My Times where with damage off so they don't count. with changing track conditions things are changing all the time. As they say when the green flag drops the Bullshit stops:D. I'm looking forward to this event, BRING ON THE BEAST.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back