Logitech Wheel Setup

This is a quick tutorial by MozzMann. I take no credit (or blame) for the results however; I find that these settings work for me with RRRE – unlike my commonly used Global Settings. In fact, RRRE feels like a whole new game to me compared to how it started out. There are a few minor things that I have changed from this tutorial but, overall – these settings work incredibly well when combined with a few in-game FFB tweaks.

I am using a G25 and have to admit that I was skeptical when I first read this because it is very different from my Global setup that has worked very well for all other Sims that I have played to date. While my Global setup worked okay in RRRE, the FFB felt very basic and numb. The steering felt a little un-responsive and there was little to no FFB on bumps or drop-offs where the steering should feel “Light”. There was no feeling, what-so-ever, of grip-loss during braking or over-steering and I felt like I was always one step behind where I needed to be – in control. Those issues are no longer a problem. Also, these settings corrected the feeling of low brake power – especially in the GT3 cars and also improved steering response.

RRRE / Logitech Wheel Setup by MozzMann
The opinions expressed here are based on my PC, my Wheel and the way it interacts with the Simulation. Now before you even start thinking about comparing things to ISI, or other SimBin titles DON'T, because settings in RRE are very different to anything you might have encountered previously.

IMHO if you run any of the Logitech Wheels then you MUST run the profiler and make not only a Global Profile but, also a Custom Profile for each Race Sim you use.

1) You MUST run the Logitech Profiler Software
2) You MUST tune the Axis settings to give you MAXIMUM steering Max Brake and Minimum Throttle sensitivity
3) You MUST set a Global Profile and then a separate Profile for EVERY race Sim you run so that settings are never mixed.

I have found that the reason that way too many Sim-players have issues with the Logitech Wheels and others too, is they simply do not understand how the Profiler Software works so they cannot benefit fully.

Go to the Global Device Settings - Use these Settings
Overall effects at 124%
Spring Effect at 50 % (Spring effect is not needed due to the way modern Race Sims work BUT you should set this just the same)
Enable Spring in FFB Games (ticked)
Centering Effect at 50%
Degrees of Rotation 900
(IMHO It's a bit pointless having a 900 degree wheel if your not going to use the fine steering control offered by it)

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT !!!!
DO NOT!! ALLOW Game to adjust settings!!! The reason for this is below.
Allowing the game to change settings is where people go wrong!!!
Why? Well if a Race Sim you use is allowed to change something in the Profiler and then you go to GTR Evo or rFactor, once the Controller.ini file is opened by GTR Evo for instance, what it remembers doesn't tally with the last settings stored in the Profiler (HIDDEN) settings. You chase your tail and can't understand why the Wheel isn't behaving. So now you know, NEVER use the one Profile for your Sim Racing. You may blame the Game / Simulation where in fact it is your wheel doing what it was told because you allowed it to. The Global settings are just that, Global, and what every subsequent Profile uses as a base to work from.

So now that the GLOBAL settings are made then you create a custom Game Profile for RRRE. The settings made in each custom profile are a Percentage of the Global settings made earlier. In this way, ONLY the Profile for (in this case) RRRE will be changed or altered due to its interaction with the Logitech Software. This allows you to change settings specific to RRRE and NOT affect other Sims you use. Settings are allowed to change based on your in-game settings, not the Global settings.

Create a Custom Profile for RRRE.
Use these settings in the RRRE Profile
Overall Effects Strength @ 120% (this is a percentage of the 115% set in Global)
Spring Effect Strength @ 0 %
Damper Effect Strength @ 150% (adds drag to the wheel and helps prevent over correction and smooth’s out your input)
Enable Centering Spring (ticked) but @ 0% (The reason for this is it allows the actual cars camber and camber settings to influence the way you FEEL the road - if this is un-ticked you will not feel this accurately)
Use Special Steering Wheel Settings (ticked)
Report Combined Pedals (user preference)
Degrees of Rotation @ 900 (Recommended)
Use Special Game Settings (Ticked)
Allow Game to Adjust Settings (Ticked)
(These two are very important as this allows the Sim to alter settings INTERNALLY in the Profiler that we cannot see in the GUI)
Controller – Individual Input SettingsCustom settings for Sensitivity, Range and Dead Zone can be set in the Profiler.
Left Click on the Steering Wheel line in the Lower left hand side of the Profiler and select Axis Properties
Set Sensitivity @ 100%, 0% Dead Zone, and 100% Range
(The reason that 100% is set here is to give you me a logarithmic steering as possible with quick responses around the center, still precise yet greatly accelerated deflection the greater the turn). Why? Because it allows a smaller degree of lock thus finer steering in the center with a greater amount at the extremes of steering input, very closely replicating the variable steering racks used in modern race cars.

Throttle Settings
Sensitivity @ 0%, 2% Dead Zone, and 100% Range
(The reason that 0 % is set here is to give you the smoothest throttle transition from partial throttle response to full, varying the sensitivity WILL NOT change the amount at Full throttle just how fast you get there thus 0% is much smoother).

Brake Settings
100% Sensitivity, 2% Dead Zone, and 100% Range
(The reason that 100 % is set here is to give you the maximum Brake response available and allow you to turn down the In-Game settings only).

You can also set various macros for flashing headlights and other things but I will not cover that here.

I did a lot of research and playing around with settings because I found I was getting so much interaction with various simulations.

Now as for the settings in for RRRE these are very subjective and largely personal preference, but I'd like to offer a few pointer's here too.

In the Options I'd urge careful tuning of the Sensitivities based on your Personal style AND whether you use things like a Load-Cell mod for the Logitech.

I have found that turning the sensitivity way down for the Brake and Throttle helped dramatically in preventing loss of traction entering and exiting corner's while having the clutch at full sensitivity was great for Power shifting etc.

By using the above settings in your Logitech Profiler for DF GT Pro, G25 or G27 I believe you will now be able to be smoother and more precise with your steering, and NOT need to change things like steering lock. (Incidentally the steering Lock is the degrees of steering per rotation of the Wheel). If you turn your steering lock up WITHOUT understanding it's interaction with Steering degrees of rotation AND Steering Percentage in-Game, I can almost guarantee you will get under-steer going into a corner and over-steer coming out. This is a direct result of the Game’s interaction with the wheel and Car physics and as I stated above, NEEDS to be fine-tuned based on your PC, driving style, and the actual Car within the Sim. IMHO, all that you should need to change is the Brake and Steering percentage IN-GAME to achieve the smoothness that we all seek.

Feel free to reduce the Steering percentage if you like but it may then feel strange and possibly even vague.

MozzMann

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, this all down to opinion in the end but, I feel the FFB has improved in a big way. I haven't followed this guide 100% but, it will get you close to a great setup. Your results may vary but, give it a try and you may find this helpful for fine-tuning FFB in other Sims as well - especially for those having input lag and poor FFB.

In addition to the Profiler setup above, my RRRE in-game FFB settings are:

FFB Effects Level = Medium
FFS = 75%
FFSF = 1.7
FFSGW = 1 (increasing this setting improved grip feel significantly)
SWF = 0.85
FFCE = 0.3
FFCP = -0.6

I have the in-game Wheel Animation on - rotation set to match my G25. Note: Having the drivers arms displayed does limit visual wheel rotation at this time. Use "wheel only" to have the visual match your actual wheel rotation.

Hopefully, this will help those having issues with Logitech wheels in RRRE.

RaceNut

Warren Dawes

Premium
If I want to create a specific profile for RRE in the Logitech profiler, how do I create the path to the game? ie. what do I type into the box that requests the full path to the executeable. The normal game EXE doesn't work because it needs Steam to be loaded first?

If I look at the path in the Desktop launcher icon, it says steam://rungameid/211500, but that doesn't work either.

You need to use steam.exe. That's what I did when I used G25 and it worked with Race07 series. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, meaning that it's changed with R3E, as with Race07 it worked for sure. I'm using T500RS now so can't check it for you.

STEAM\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience is were it lives in steam .... once you are there right click/properties then copy its full path and then paste it were needed .... but im not sure thats what you need as i dont have a logitech wheel

Andi

You can start games for inside your logitech profiler, and this also engages the the dedicated profile or the global profile is used.:)
with steam there is the issue of finding the app as opposed to the game.exe for the logitech profiler to fully engage..
with race 07 your path was for example ....C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe steam://rungameid/8600

And with this you could fire up race 07 from inside your logitech profiler.. it would even launch steam if it was not running and then fire up the sim.

with race 07 your path was for example ....C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe steam://rungameid/8600

And with this you could fire up race 07 from inside your logitech profiler.. it would even launch steam if it was not running and then fire up the sim.

Ah, I always just used steam.exe and it seemed to work, didn't use profiler to start steam games.

Just made a new logitech profile and it works. I had to make a new one as the old one would not update to new text.. now the sim fires up through the logitech profiler..
my steam is sat outside my C drive so the front values are different..
F:\steam\Steam.exe steam://rungameid/211500

If your steam sits inside your C drive it will look like this.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe steam://rungameid/211500

hello
There is an official version of SimBin degrees on steering wheel?
Because as simulators, iRacing, P.CARS, NKPro, Assetto Corsa, Power e Glory, are perfect with 900 degrees?
Perhaps because they have been developed and optimized specifically for this?
Why RRE does not respond in the best way, perhaps because it has been developed and optimized for this? Patch please

i believe that the rotation is as was in race 07 ; pick what you want and then set the steering lock to what you find suits that ....

Andi
Race 07?????? Here, indeed ....
No controversy, but I'm not going to go crazy with degrees and sensitivity tests (I do not run with a joypad) to obtain convincing results ever. I can do the setup of the car and FF.
The simulator must handle 900 degrees, I have not thought about it.
It seems right and modern.

Ok google translator or what ever isnt doing a very proper job.
Anyway, regarding the amount of rotation .. Its quite commen for GT based cars to have 450/540 degrees rotation with about 18 steering lock. If you want to use higher values like 720 or 900 degrees idd go with roughly 30 steering lock. Experiment a bit and see what suits youre needs best.

Its quite commen for GT based cars to have 450/540 degrees rotation with about 18 steering lock.
Yes you're right.

Otherwise a new Sim like R3E should definitively support an automatic option for steering rotation.
iRacing, rF2 and pCARS are doing this in a great way. Just set your wheel to max steering rotation (900° or 1080° or what else) and let the Sim choose automatically the right (real) rotation angle and steering lock depending on the car. (e.g. 540° for GT cars and 360° for most of the Open Wheeler). No fiddeling with different wheel settings per car.

In the current state R3E is some kind of "old school".

Anyway, regarding the amount of rotation .. Its quite commen for GT based cars to have 450/540 degrees rotation with about 18 steering lock. If you want to use higher values like 720 or 900 degrees idd go with roughly 30 steering lock. Experiment a bit and see what suits youre needs best.

Yes, google translator. Better than nothing.:)
Ok, try these settings with the steering lock
thanks

I did some tests. That's better, I also have an eighteenth time with BMW.
The parameter that does not convice me and the steering lock.
Very dirty the linearity of the steering wheel.
You can use a proverb to steering lock: one little, two are too many

Keith_G

Premium
Thanks Manju! I have been having a terrible time getting this set up properly and am looking forward to trying out all the suggestions you and others have made in this forum. Thank you all so much!!
Majnu, this is not to be picky so please just a possible correction in your fine piece of work. I noticed that you and others on this forum have used the term "course" steering and I assume you mean "coarse" as in "the opposite of fine". Might be different in UK. Thanks again! - Keith

in race series i would get number one ghostcars in combos with a lot of competition by using 65º of lock on my g25 and 33º of lock on front wheel

with less sensitivity i would be slower, no need to say this flaw made it un unrealistic game by myself using this half cheat game glitch

now with raceroom to be fast i use 200º of lock on my g25 and 14º of lock on front wheels, pretty close to real life so now i call it a simulator, good job simbin

I've just downloaded this game and am having some issues with my Logitech Formula Vibration, everything works perfectly apart from the throttle which is stuck at exactly 50%, which is an issue as you can probably guess.

Does anyone have any solutions to this?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%