F1 2011 Logitech G27 settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all,
After messing around with the steering wheel settings for about 6 hours I still haven't found a comfortable set-up.
Currently I'm using 330 degrees in the profiler and 0% in all settings in-game (FFB is 50-70-100)
The on screen wheel matches my movements great but I cant help feeling its still not dialled in.
In slow corners it seems ok but in faster ones and on the straights my car is all over the place with oversteer. Id like a little more resistance from the wheel at higher speeds tbh.
Anyone else found a decent set-up yet?
Cheers.

Thanks for the Setup Bram, its not too bad. One thing though, I'd like my wheel to feel heavier when turning. However I have it set to 100% in-game but it's making no difference with your setup? What setting would I need to change in my profiler to get it feeling better?

I need to get a sweat on racing! :)

Thanks.
Mark.

Just wish it was simpler to sort out my setup, 2010 validated my decision to buy a £200 steering wheel I wish 2011 would as well

If you want to be reassured how ace the G27 is, buy Race07 for £3.99. That game will give your outlay some real validation.

Im fed up with my wheel, im gonna trawl this thread and tinker till I get something good. Let game adjust, dont let game adjust, centre spring on, off - hmm, time to get radical.

Thanks for the Setup Bram, its not too bad. One thing though, I'd like my wheel to feel heavier when turning. However I have it set to 100% in-game but it's making no difference with your setup? What setting would I need to change in my profiler to get it feeling better?

I need to get a sweat on racing! :)

Thanks.
Mark.

Seriously? I just signed up so I could see Bram's attached photos. While the setup is amazing, the force feedback from the wheel is like moving a brick. It literally takes all my force to turn the wheel past the center, it gets easier after that... Had to turn off FFB, and everything was good. Felt too weird turning like a brick (worked nicer though!) and I didnt want to break my table...

Are there any tutorials for this game? Maybe F1 2010 is a better starting point?

Just got my G25 and I'm looking for a good experience.

A lot of setups here have ingame steering saturation set to 0% How can you drive like that? Unless I set it to about 50% the car will not make any corner unless I'm only doing 30mph.

Regarding the logitech profiler.

Strength should be 107% no higher, no lower. This gets rid of loose feeling at center without having unwanted shaking.
All other values should be at 0 and centering spring unchecked.

these are the recommended values for all racing games.
If you set dampers, spring etc. they mess with the games force. it's kinda like forcing vsync on a graphics card.
you are forcing a certain level of dampers, spring etc. It's always best to leave at 0 and let the game do it's thing.
Only setting you should change is force strength to get rid of looseness at center.

Also I think with regards to rotation 310-315 seems right with all values at 0 ingame. so default G27 profile.

Hope this helps.

My G27 FINALLY arrived today and thanks to earlier posters in the thread my wheel's mostly configured great for the game. MUCH re-learning how to hit apexes now (moving from a 360 gamepad!).

My complaint is with the brake pedal -- in the game it's incredibly sensitive, a far lighter touch than I was expecting and I was locking my brakes even when decelerating from top speed on Valencia in the Red Bull. I've played more since then and I have got it a little more manageable but you seem to only be able to use the first 20% of the brake's travel to slow down. Surely I should be able to use the full length of the pedal travel... Is there any way to improve upon this? (I installed Profiler and calibrated the wheel when I first plugged it in).

My G27 FINALLY arrived today and thanks to earlier posters in the thread my wheel's mostly configured great for the game. MUCH re-learning how to hit apexes now (moving from a 360 gamepad!).

My complaint is with the brake pedal -- in the game it's incredibly sensitive, the lightest touch and you lock your brakes even when braking from top speed. In terms of travel, I only effectively have 1 or 2 cm when surely I should be able to use the full length of the pedal travel... Is there any way to sort this out? (I installed Profiler and calibrated the wheel when I first plugged it in).

I found that I was locking up a lot using the brake pedal as well, I ended up reassigning the brake pedal to the clutch in game, the clutch is lighter, but for some reason it's not as easy to lock up for me.

I've set my profiler to 900 degrees rotation and steering saturation at 65%, and the wheel matches up completely.

the feedback feels really odd though. like if you go over a bump it just rattles, you don't really feel the bump so much as just shake. At this setting it's really easy for me to save oversteer but it seems like i'm oversteering a lot more than when I had it set to 220 Degrees and 0% saturation

everything just felt tighter on that last setting, but it didn't look right.

My complaint is with the brake pedal -- in the game it's incredibly sensitive, the lightest touch and you lock your brakes even when braking from top speed. In terms of travel, I only effectively have 1 or 2 cm when surely I should be able to use the full length of the pedal travel... Is there any way to sort this out? (I installed Profiler and calibrated the wheel when I first plugged it in).

Either assign the clutch in game, or the better solution - to mean you can still use the default G27 setting in the game menu, is to simply go to your F1 2011 directory, open the actionmap folder, and open the 'G27 Racing Wheel' xml file with Wordpad.
Scroll down until you get to the line for the brake control, and just paste this over the existing lines -

<Action actionName="Brake">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisSlider1" deviceName="046dc29b" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>

Save the changes, launch the game, cycle your controller to keyboard and then back to G27 and you are good to go.

Either assign the clutch in game, or the better solution - to mean you can still use the default G27 setting in the game menu, is to simply go to your F1 2011 directory, open the actionmap folder, and open the 'G27 Racing Wheel' xml file with Wordpad.
Scroll down until you get to the line for the brake control, and just paste this over the existing lines -

<Action actionName="Brake">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisSlider1" deviceName="046dc29b" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>

Save the changes, launch the game, cycle your controller to keyboard and then back to G27 and you are good to go.

Cheers for that, already tried swapping the clutch for the brake - same result and it 'felt' odd. Plus I've made modifications to the button map anyway so not being able to use the default G27 profile in the game is fine by me :)

I revised my original post slightly -- possibly a combination of me being unused to wheel racing (last wheel I had was a horribly cheap Thrustmaster Ferrari one with what might as well have been fake pedals, they were so bad).

However it still seems that the amount of travel actually available to use in the game is vastly lower than the actual pedal travel, almost like the axis isn't being mapped correctly (the controller's all calibrated in Windows). Wondering if there's a better way to extend the available range of the brake pedal.

What brake setup are you using? And technique plays a part too - just suggesting you need to put some hours in to familiarise yourself with it all and experiment. Especially if you are used to a different game and hardware.

Ps all those mappings can be made to the actionmap XML making them default.

@ Eifion Evans Setting the in game saturation to 0 will only work if you set the logitech profiler to around 200-300 degrees

setting the rotation to the default 900 makes the car impossible to steer at 0 saturation, you need like 65 to make it match on screen.

@ Christopher Woods Try playing with the dead zone and saturation sliders, the dead zone (somewhat obviously) creates a percentage of the pedal movement that is not registered. the saturation will decrease the sensitivity of the registered movement, making it less sensitive (supposedly) I haven't ever messed with these settings as I found that it felt alright to begin with, but that's why they're there, different strokes xD

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.9%