F1 2012 Logitech G27 Settings for F1 2012 The Game

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Here are my settings for F1 2012 The Game with a Logitech G27 steeringwheel. I must say that out of the box the steering is pretty good already. Especially compared to last years dramatic default settings.

I've added a screenshot with my ingame and profiler settings.

Hope it helps

logitech g27 settings.png

My g25 setting:

Steering DeadZone 2%
Steering Saturation 30%
Steering Linearity 50%
Throttle DeadZone 2%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Break Deadzone 0%
Break Saturation 3%

Force Feedback Options

Environmental Effects 10%
Feedback Strength 40%
Wheel Weight 60%

Profiler: overall 107% and 370º

Enjoy it and coment impressions

Just got the game...
Use G27 on PS3...
I never drive a single seater car before, so I adjust to my liking... :D

The default setting from:
Steering DeadZone 0%
Steering Saturation 0%
Steering Linearity 0%
Throttle DeadZone 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Break Deadzone 0%
Break Saturation 0%

Force Feedback Options
Environmental Effects 50%
Feedback Strength 100%
Wheel Weight 50%

The default so twitchy in the straight, so I increase Steering DeadZone to 4%. And then I feel the wheel too sensitive, so I increase Steering Linearity to 30%. So, my setting is:
Steering DeadZone 4%
Steering Saturation 0%
Steering Linearity 30%
Throttle DeadZone 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Break Deadzone 0%
Break Saturation 0%

Force Feedback Options
Environmental Effects 50%
Feedback Strength 100%
Wheel Weight 50%

For now, that's the setting I used. I have not set up the FFB because I've never felt the single-seater car before. So I don't alter it, because I don't have a reference. :)

Steering DeadZone 1%
Steering Saturation 0%
Steering Linearity 0% (works good all the way up to 15%)
Throttle DeadZone 0%
Throttle Saturation 0%
Break Deadzone 3%
Break Saturation 10%

Force Feedback Options

Environmental Effects 10%
Feedback Strength 50%
Wheel Weight 40%

Thanks to christoffer woods, stole some of the settings from him

Profiler: overall 107% and 400º
0 on everything else 0 on centering spring but enabled

Profiler is brams idea. 107 seem to fix the looseness of the center of the wheel.

Can somebody tell me what to change or if they can fix FFB like in 2011 where the shocking rumble of the steering wheel when you drive over curbs etc, tried using the effectssetup file from 2011 but dosn't fix it. Thanks in advance.

I've been playing with settings on PC, and here is what i came up with.

On-Screen wheel has rotation of 250º -> http://i.imgur.com/c0RcT.jpg

To get 1:1 mapping Linearity has to be 0% anything else and on screen wheel will move slower in the middle and faster as it's getting closer to set lock.

Saturation is used to narrow the degrees of rotation if you can't set it manually and if you want to use the full degrees of rotation it should remain at 0%.

Saturation formula goes like this 100% - [( DD * 100) / WD ] = Saturation settings where DD is Desired degrees of rotation and WD set degrees of rotation in profiler.

I like to set my wheel with everything on default except 250º (instead of default 200º) and I check Allow game to change settings option. In Game Env 30%, FFB 70% and Weight 50%.

I just bought the G27. I tried all recommendations and tinkered with some settings on my own. To all other newbies. There is no such thing as the one ultimate setup that applies to all players. I wouldn't tinker to much with the settings in F1 2012 itself, except for steering deadzone at 1 or 2% but the settings of Dimitry Zaharov ar for me at moment the ones that feel the finest and assures the smoothest ride:

300 degrees of rotation, matches with in-game wheel just fine. All effects are at 100%, centering spring is unchecked.
F1 2012: All to 0% except brake deadzone which is 5%. Environmental effects are 0%, feedback strength 30%, wheel weight is 10%

The brake deadzone I didn't set in my settings, i like to break hard. Also my steering deadzone isn't 0 but 1%. The claim of Dimitry that 300 degrees will match the rotation of the in-game wheel is spot on according to me and somehow seeing the steer in game act the same as the one in my hands reassures me.

If you experience loss of grip and as such loss of force feedback in tight corners then it's not the fault of the G27 or the settings, you either drove to fast or turned your steer to hard and overextended the set degrees.
All other glitches might be solved by turning on your V-sync, you might want to lower other graphic properties because turning v-sync on will drop your FPS dramatically, but it helps with more accurate handling.

Dimitry thnx for your settings, for me they where the closest to perfection, but it might be different for others.

In F1 2011 the wheel ingame is different on each track. Monaco have more sensitive steering then Malaysia for exempel. So the wheel wont match on all tracks i belive. I think its the same in 2012

Correct me if im wrong

In F1 2011 the wheel ingame is different on each track. Monaco have more sensitive steering then Malaysia for exempel. So the wheel wont match on all tracks i belive. I think its the same in 2012

Correct me if im wrong
You are wrong. On-screen wheel has 250º of rotation on all tracks and here is the proof
The only problem I've noticed is that in Monaco my wheel sensitivity is much higher and i reach lock to lock with only 180º while rest of the motion to actual wheel lock is ignored. As if it has Saturation override of +28%.

Thats what i meant :p english not native language. Sorry

I tried to match the ingame wheel in 2011. Gave up on that later in on. But i think there is a file where u can set the sens for everytrack. Though i dunno which file it is

Just back to post some additional findings after 2 days playing F1 2012. I set the degrees at 270 instead of 300 and now I don't experience loss of feedback while cornering, even when entering a corner slightly to fast. It still happens but only when I'm obviously to blame. I might have a go at the 250 of Digger X2. I don't use any saturation only a stearing deadzone of 2% to prevent my "newbie muscle twitches" from f-ing up my perfect line.
I also checked the centering spring box. Furtermore because I'm new at F1 I set my breaks at 50%saturation. I tend to brake late and found out that I didn't push the break deep and fast enough, setting it at 50% works for me. All other settings are the same as 3 posts above.

In adddion please make sure that your video settings are spot on. I have a 3 way SLI setup with 3 EVGA cards and an EVGA mobo combined with 3 23inch Ilyama monitors. When driving in 5760x1080 everything at high but anti aliasing at 4MSAA and no V-sync I get an average FPS of 87. However my lap times suck. The experience is great but not podium place for me at the end. So I reverted back to one monitor at 1920x1080 and everything Ultra and all other settings at max including V-Sync and now it limits the FPS at 60 (drops occasionally to 59.1) and all of a sudden my laptimes are -2 seconds. So if you are okay with your G27 settings check your video when you can't seem to reach your goals.

Sorry for the "War and Peace".

You are wrong. On-screen wheel has 250º of rotation on all tracks and here is the proof
The only problem I've noticed is that in Monaco my wheel sensitivity is much higher and i reach lock to lock with only 180º while rest of the motion to actual wheel lock is ignored. As if it has Saturation override of +28%.

You nailed it Digger! THANK YOU!
The degrees of 250 causes no loss of feedback at all.
So anyone searching for the spot on setting, its 250.
However I notice that a lot of people like higher values andd then start adjusting the in game settings, if that's what you like then you have to look further, I like my settings 1 on 1 and this appears to be it.

Guys I want to share something :) I was digging into various settings and I came up with conclusion that F1 2012 applies something like sin() function for some reason to steering input value. I don't know why it just looks that way. Thus we have too sensitive steering around zero and complete lack of feel around full lock.

I wrote a small DirectInput hook to counteract this strange behavior. It alters only steering input, nothing more or less. If you want you can test it and tell me if it feels more right or not. Here is the file (works on Windows 7 32-bit, not sure if it will work on x64 but who knows). Place this file into F1 2012 folder (where f1_2012.exe reside). Make sure you have steering angle set to 250 degrees in logitech profiler and 0% linearity&saturation in F1 2012.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.