Logitech G27 Force Feedback FFB Assetto Corsa - A.S way

WheelCheck.. FCM tool Lut Converter.. FFBClip App .. tried them all . . and wasted alot of time testing pretty much every guide out there.. till i was like.. ok . time to think.. and not replicate things like a parot.. and VIO LA.. never been so good before. Let me know how it works out for ya. Enjoy !

G27 Owners .. simplicity is DEVINE!

The confusion and frustration of the G27 not being a good wheel and the pain to set it up correctly.. its your christmas today.. try.. and thank me later.
Without going into once again confusing technical details.. straight forward.

1)
120% in oder to eliminated the "deadzone behaviour" or interfacing bug of the G27 completly - just by doing that

40% - 55% dampening, because otherwise your wheel will turn loose if car isn´t rolling. Standing rubbers still provide resistance on the steering wheel. ( i have to in 70% as the not roll resistance should be higher than the slow roll one)

6bKypZO.jpg

2)

Under C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg in the controls.ini file edit like this:

[STEER]
JOY=0
AXLE=0
SCALE=1
LOCK=855
FF_GAIN=1
FILTER_FF=0.6
STEER_GAMMA=1
STEER_FILTER=0
SPEED_SENSITIVITY=0

MIN=0
MAX=0
DEBOUNCING_MS=5

[FF_TWEAKS]

MIN_FF=0
CENTER_BOOST_GAIN=0
CENTER_BOOST_RANGE=0

[FF_ENHANCEMENT] (or 0 them out.. and do by car individually)
CURBS=0.15
ROAD=0.05
SLIPS=0.1
ABS=0.05

[FF_ENHANCEMENT_2]
UNDERSTEER=1

3)

Create a file Linear.txt file in the C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg folder, open it with notepad or editor and add:

0.00|0.00
0.02|0.02
0.04|0.04
0.06|0.06
0.08|0.08
0.10|0.10
0.12|0.12
0.14|0.14
0.16|0.16
0.18|0.18
0.20|0.20
0.22|0.22
0.24|0.24
0.26|0.26
0.28|0.28
0.30|0.30
0.32|0.32
0.34|0.34
0.36|0.36
0.38|0.38
0.40|0.40
0.42|0.42
0.44|0.44
0.46|0.46
0.48|0.48
0.50|0.50
0.52|0.52
0.54|0.54
0.56|0.56
0.58|0.58
0.60|0.60
0.62|0.62
0.64|0.64
0.66|0.66
0.68|0.68
0.70|0.70
0.72|0.72
0.74|0.74
0.76|0.76
0.78|0.78
0.80|0.80
0.82|0.82
0.84|0.84
0.86|0.86
0.88|0.88
0.90|0.90
0.92|0.92
0.94|0.94
0.96|0.96
0.98|0.98
1.00|1.00

There you go, you wanted a linear G27.. there you have it now.

After that, rename the Linear.txt file to " Linear.lut" (lima, utha, tango) and save it.

4)

Open the ff_post_process.ini file and change it to:

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT
ENABLED=1

[GAMMA]
VALUE=1

[LUT]
CURVE=Linear.lut

5)

Open the assetto_corsa.ini file under :\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg and make sure the following part look like this

[FORCE_FEEDBACK]
FF_SKIP_STEPS=1

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=0
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0
DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

6)

ingame should now look like this:

C4qscXj.jpg

Here you can also use 60-70% as GAIN Main and Filter ZERO !!

Last edited:
Why don't you have a slider in a tab in the car setups menu to adjust the FF multiplier, the one that's in the car.ini file? If people could do that in the setup and save it, it would stop you having to adjust the FFB Gain every time you change to a different car. Surely that's possible.

Unless Im misunderstanding what you mean... we can...

It's an app on the side of the screen you can enable. It's the only FFB app, and you can change the car specific FFB while out on track, which should be what is saved to the car.ini file in My Documents.

edit: Actually car specific ffb might save to the "user_ffb" file in the cfg folder of the AC folder in My Documents. Not entirely sure here, but I dont see a cars.ini right now. But there is an app to change FFB while out on track.

lets say you stopped (< 3 km/h) and you like to feel the hard turning wheel (for whatever reason).. which you dont with dampening at 0. so you crank it up (lets say 60-70% in logitech till it feel natural)

but if you do that

you totally "dumb down" the feel for loosing grip while driving at understeering moments

How do you figure this? Dampening only affects your wheel under 3 kmh, which can be considered stationary. Above this, the setting has 0 affect. Anything you perceive to be happening is likely a wrong assumption and incorrect.

Unless Im misunderstanding what you mean... we can...

It's an app on the side of the screen you can enable. It's the only FFB app, and you can change the car specific FFB while out on track, which should be what is saved to the car.ini file in My Documents.

Let me check that now. Yes, I'm a big dummy for not noticing that earlier. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
on the top of that, gain per car can be changed on the fly while driving pressing + and -

Perhaps meaningless now that the game has been released for so long, but for future consideration...

It would be nice to have the option to rebind some of those keybinds for those of us that use keyboards without a numpad. It would be a nice option not only for the FFB adjustment you mention, but for the showroom too since there are a few keys bound to the numpad that arent rebindable. :)

@RasmusP

funny things.. for fun i experimented further.. namely like this

4EfomqW.jpg

no more not less. LUT usage disabled totally

strange enough.. this is best result so far :) but overall slider lesser than 110 is deadzone feel to much again.. higher then 120 is creating issues. This is strange indeed.. i keep like this for a while.

Ingame i use the FFB Clip App on dynamic light to normal.

@RasmusP

4EfomqW.jpg

strange enough.. this is best result so far :) but overall slider lesser than 110 is deadzone feel to much again.. higher then 120 is creating issues. This is strange indeed.. i keep like this for a while.

Not strange at all. The 115% reduce the deadzone to a minimum amount and the ffb clip app creates kind of a dynamic lut in real-time as it always provide more or less the maximum force the G27 can deliver, without clipping or oscillating.

It's pretty awesome but what I don't like is that you lose the muscle memory for grip loss.
If you really practice with only one car your muscles will learn which force means what. A dynamic force adjustment eliminates it but gives you a very nice feel in general.

I think with the Profiler slider at 100% and the ffb clip app on dynamic strong, you would get the same result :)

there ya go

i opened up the G27 - and as i thought.. the very minute "play" between electric motor teetth (gears) and main shaft teeth (gear) is causing the free deadzone and rattling noice.. fixed it in an ingenious simple way :)

there ya go

i opened up the G27 - and as i thought.. the very minute "play" between electric motor teetth (gears) and main shaft teeth (gear) is causing the free deadzone and rattling noice.. fixed it in an ingenious simple way :)
Please tell us about it! :)
I won't open mine for another 4 months due to warranty but after that... :whistling::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

all you need is a grinder.. and a 0.5mm metal plate (band) .. to displace the main shaft tighter to the electric motor gears ... thats it .. i might later explain in detail how exactly done.

negative.. the "plastic" stuff is some solid stuff.. and as in all gears.. too much play actually causes wear.. or false adjusted spacing (cramped) is fatal too.besides i used some PTFE (teflon) paste..

i wish i could find an alternative driver and be able to tweak the controler circuit too.. anyone?

Last edited:
@RasmusP

4EfomqW.jpg

Wait so this is using gamma instead of LUT? I too have been messing with different LUTs and am pretty close but you get more of one thing and sacrifice less of something else in my experience. I just want it to feel real, I know how to drive and want a sim for the real feel physics ... not a soft edged easy to stay on the track and go fast feel. I just want it to be as real as possible

If you want the most 'pure' ffb with your g27 don't use gamma or LUT.
In the ff_post_process ini (located in your documents, assetto corsa, cfg) make sure it looks like this:
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT
ENABLED=0

TYPE= gamma or lut, doesn't matter...the important part is the ENABLED=0

Set all the enhancement sliders to zero and have enhanced understeer un-checked.

These settings give you the ffb in the most 'pure' form; the sensations through your steering wheel are only going off what the front suspension is sending through the steering rack.

Use the min force slider to adjust the deadzone out of the center of your wheel while going down a straightaway. A G27 usually needs somewhere between 12-15%

Set gain to 100% in profiler, 95% in game, and adjust it down a bit per car if you are getting excessive clipping anywhere other than over big curbs or in center of corner.

If you want the most 'pure' ffb with your g27 don't use gamma or LUT.
In the ff_post_process ini (located in your documents, assetto corsa, cfg) make sure it looks like this:
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT
ENABLED=0

TYPE= gamma or lut, doesn't matter...the important part is the ENABLED=0

Set all the enhancement sliders to zero and have enhanced understeer un-checked.

These settings give you the ffb in the most 'pure' form; the sensations through your steering wheel are only going off what the front suspension is sending through the steering rack.

Use the min force slider to adjust the deadzone out of the center of your wheel while going down a straightaway. A G27 usually needs somewhere between 12-15%

Set gain to 100% in profiler, 95% in game, and adjust it down a bit per car if you are getting excessive clipping anywhere other than over big curbs or in center of corner.
So you are telling me all these gamma and LUT settings aren't the real feel? I will get actually realtime ffb from each car??? I will try this tomorrow please please let this be what Ive been looking for so I can finally sit down and drive without constantly backing out to change settings

Centering Spring doesn't matter, AC doesn't use it. Damper will add weight to your wheel while standing still or going under a handful of kph. (I'm not sure if you also have to enable it in an ini file, but don't think so, just setting to 100 in profiler should do it)

Allow game to whatever, checked.

----
The magic of AC is that even though the only forces you feel through the wheel are the things that are happening at the front of the vehicle, somehow you can still 'feel' what is happening with each corner of the rear.
This feeling (I call it 'being at one' with your wheel) doesn't always come instantly or naturally for a lot of people, so don't get too discouraged if it still takes some time for your brain to figure out that you no longer have the 'seat of the pants' g-forces to understand what the car is doing.

Good luck, hope it all clicks for you because when it does, AC is absolutely brilliant.

So you are telling me all these gamma and LUT settings aren't the real feel?
They're like the equalizer on a stereo, they won't change the music being played, just how it sounds. If you want you can set it to a perfectly flat response and leave it there, if you want "extra bass" you can set it to amplify some range of forces (but then larger ones will be harder to distinguish)

By default (if you have gamma/lut turned off) Logitech wheels like the G27 have basically a 2 part curve, a steeper slope up to 75% of force, which it reaches before the game requests 40% of max, and then a shallower curve the rest of the way to 100%. This lets them give you stronger feelings more of the time, which compensates for their limited max torque.

I agree with everything you said guys :)
Now to my LUT, that I currently use:
@gruvendubs "all these luts" surely aren't the "real feel". But mine doesn't do anything big. I attached a image with the default ffb without touching anything, the default ffb with min-force at 15% and my LUT I use.
As you can see my LUT is pretty much just the default FFB with around 15% minimum force but a bit customized because I feel a notch at the center transition without my lut.
I tried to erase the deadzone and get a very very smooth center transition at the same time.
And for me that is pretty much "the real feel". The FFB from AC doesn't need a lot of changes, only adjusting the deadzone for the G27 and you are good to go. :)
(my newest lut is a bit different but the feel and the look are the same!)
upload_2017-10-7_8-51-21.png

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies