Logitech G27 Force Feedback FFB Assetto Corsa - A.S way

WheelCheck.. FCM tool Lut Converter.. FFBClip App .. tried them all . . and wasted alot of time testing pretty much every guide out there.. till i was like.. ok . time to think.. and not replicate things like a parot.. and VIO LA.. never been so good before. Let me know how it works out for ya. Enjoy !

G27 Owners .. simplicity is DEVINE!

The confusion and frustration of the G27 not being a good wheel and the pain to set it up correctly.. its your christmas today.. try.. and thank me later.
Without going into once again confusing technical details.. straight forward.

1)
120% in oder to eliminated the "deadzone behaviour" or interfacing bug of the G27 completly - just by doing that

40% - 55% dampening, because otherwise your wheel will turn loose if car isn´t rolling. Standing rubbers still provide resistance on the steering wheel. ( i have to in 70% as the not roll resistance should be higher than the slow roll one)

6bKypZO.jpg

2)

Under C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg in the controls.ini file edit like this:

[STEER]
JOY=0
AXLE=0
SCALE=1
LOCK=855
FF_GAIN=1
FILTER_FF=0.6
STEER_GAMMA=1
STEER_FILTER=0
SPEED_SENSITIVITY=0

MIN=0
MAX=0
DEBOUNCING_MS=5

[FF_TWEAKS]

MIN_FF=0
CENTER_BOOST_GAIN=0
CENTER_BOOST_RANGE=0

[FF_ENHANCEMENT] (or 0 them out.. and do by car individually)
CURBS=0.15
ROAD=0.05
SLIPS=0.1
ABS=0.05

[FF_ENHANCEMENT_2]
UNDERSTEER=1

3)

Create a file Linear.txt file in the C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg folder, open it with notepad or editor and add:

0.00|0.00
0.02|0.02
0.04|0.04
0.06|0.06
0.08|0.08
0.10|0.10
0.12|0.12
0.14|0.14
0.16|0.16
0.18|0.18
0.20|0.20
0.22|0.22
0.24|0.24
0.26|0.26
0.28|0.28
0.30|0.30
0.32|0.32
0.34|0.34
0.36|0.36
0.38|0.38
0.40|0.40
0.42|0.42
0.44|0.44
0.46|0.46
0.48|0.48
0.50|0.50
0.52|0.52
0.54|0.54
0.56|0.56
0.58|0.58
0.60|0.60
0.62|0.62
0.64|0.64
0.66|0.66
0.68|0.68
0.70|0.70
0.72|0.72
0.74|0.74
0.76|0.76
0.78|0.78
0.80|0.80
0.82|0.82
0.84|0.84
0.86|0.86
0.88|0.88
0.90|0.90
0.92|0.92
0.94|0.94
0.96|0.96
0.98|0.98
1.00|1.00

There you go, you wanted a linear G27.. there you have it now.

After that, rename the Linear.txt file to " Linear.lut" (lima, utha, tango) and save it.

4)

Open the ff_post_process.ini file and change it to:

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT
ENABLED=1

[GAMMA]
VALUE=1

[LUT]
CURVE=Linear.lut

5)

Open the assetto_corsa.ini file under :\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg and make sure the following part look like this

[FORCE_FEEDBACK]
FF_SKIP_STEPS=1

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=0
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0
DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

6)

ingame should now look like this:

C4qscXj.jpg

Here you can also use 60-70% as GAIN Main and Filter ZERO !!

Last edited:
Since you can adjust the profile slider on the fly while AC runs in windowed fullscreen when you alt+tab out of it:
I just put a LUT in that is completely linear but ends at 1|5 so you definitely reach the HARDWARE "clipping" limit.
I tried a lut with 1|3 and with 1|10 also. 10 was way over the top and 3 still didn't clipped immediately so 5 it was.

Anyway: lowering the profiler slider did in fact limit the maximum force output I felt in my hands!
Raising it above 100% on the other hand didn't do anything.
I did a big circle at the skidpad and adjusted the slider WHILE TURNING so I would definitely feel the notch when I apply the new profiler slider setting.
As said: lowering did something, going above 100% didn't do anything.

I'm not starting an argument but that tells us that raising above 100% does NOT raise the absolute maximum of force output!
So using a lut is the better way because you have actual control over the values you put in whereas the profiler slider introduces some strange kind of hardware clipping we don't know anything about how it really works.

Always interesting to test these things out!
So we still both use our own settings but I learnt a lot from this discussion, thank you for that! :)

Your final output is determined by the LUT ! By final output i mean the percentage send from simulation to device.

Your maximum available output as force is determined by the "overall strength" slider 100-120-150%.
Freeze game, alt-tab.. open logitech profiler..move overall slider.. go back ..drive..you ll see.

Anways.. putting it on 120% has only ONE purpose.. killing deadzone and the weak deadzone area coverage by too little voltage and Logitech´s "fake feel" implementation of "deadzone" with 100%.

remember ..what are the main problems?

- deadzone
- rattling
- oscilation

what is goal?

- elimination of those 3
- linear output, so we truly can get the data of the non-linear physics of the tires and the car.

Your final output is determined by the LUT ! By final output i mean the percentage send from simulation to device.

Your maximum available output as force is determined by the "overall strength" slider 100-120-150%.
Freeze game, alt-tab.. open logitech profiler..move overall slider.. go back ..drive..you ll see.
Did exactly that. Above 100% in the logitech profiler absolutely NOTHING happened (AC gave permanent 100% "software output" because of my LUT).
100% or 150% in the Logitech Profiler don't do anything. You don't get more absolute force into your hands.

So at 100% in the logitech Profiler, the simulation (AC) already has access to the full "range of forces" for the G27.

i see.. so it has full range

but unfortunatly with 100% the deadzone coverage is "weak" or non present. makes sense.
So you like the 125%.
Go into excel to create a lut, one column 0.00 and below 0.01, pull it to 1.00 so have 100 values.
Next column, put 0.00 in the first,
0.25 in the second and 1.00 next to the other 1.00.

Now you can "fill" the empty rows with the "linear" fill function. No clue what's it called in English.
Anyway now you have a linear lut with starting at 25% force.
Exactly the same like 125% profiler slider :)
If you like to get rid of the "notch" in the middle try different, very low values at the 0.00| row.

The rest of your settings don't need to be touched, this just transferrs the 125% profiler slider into a lut.

But: you can also don't do it because with your setting you don't need different profiles for each sim. It's pretty much good to go.

Was just speaking theoretically, how it's technically possible :p

for example..you put dampening in profiler up.. so you can feel the resistance of wheels while standing..BUT..if you do that..you loose the feel loosing grip if pushing over front wheels.. on way or another.. we all have to find the best middle way i guess.

yes, i know

you did not understand.

lets say you stopped (< 3 km/h) and you like to feel the hard turning wheel (for whatever reason).. which you dont with dampening at 0. so you crank it up (lets say 60-70% in logitech till it feel natural)

but if you do that

you totally "dumb down" the feel for loosing grip while driving at understeering moments

try it.

conflict of "interest" aka functions

simulation FFB interface vs Logitech UN-LOGIC - Logitech. never did any driver right LOL.. keyboards..sticks.. wheels.. mouse.. whenever i touch that stuff.. i have headache.

yes, i know

you did not understand.

lets say you stopped (< 3 km/h) and you like to feel the hard turning wheel (for whatever reason).. which you dont with dampening at 0. so you crank it up (lets say 60-70% in logitech till it feel natural)

but if you do that

you totally "dumb down" the feel for loosing grip while driving at understeering moments

try it.

Nope. AC will sent 0 damping signal when above a small speed like 3km or something. ( you can still leave some if you put min damping above 0. I have 0,015 mine)

Nope. AC will sent 0 damping signal when above a small speed like 3km or something. ( you can still leave some if you put min damping above 0. I have 0,015 mine)
AC doesn't send a damp signal.
Is this signal sent to the damper slider in the profiler or to the normal ffb slider?
This damper and spring slider... No one seems to know what they really do:roflmao:

So you like the 125%.
Go into excel to create a lut, one column 0.00 and below 0.01, pull it to 1.00 so have 100 values.
Next column, put 0.00 in the first,
0.25 in the second and 1.00 next to the other 1.00.

Now you can "fill" the empty rows with the "linear" fill function. No clue what's it called in English.
Anyway now you have a linear lut with starting at 25% force.
Exactly the same like 125% profiler slider :)
If you like to get rid of the "notch" in the middle try different, very low values at the 0.00| row.

The rest of your settings don't need to be touched, this just transferrs the 125% profiler slider into a lut.

But: you can also don't do it because with your setting you don't need different profiles for each sim. It's pretty much good to go.

Was just speaking theoretically, how it's technically possible :p

I just tried that.. and what i thought.. its not same result

one time starts both like

0.00|0.00
0.01|0.01
and 120%

the other like you said

0.0000|0.0000
0.0100|0.0200
0.0200|0.0300
0.0300|0.0400
0.0400|0.0500

and 100%

CLEARLY in my case NO deadzone play - in your suggestion CLEARY deadzone

i was rolling (BMW M1) straight like 60-80km/h speed..and with my hands turning wheel in little steps from the right to the left and vise versa.

In my case (120% overall strength) . A HUUUUGE DIFFERENCE in having less to none deadzone (play) - like real car actually.

That is what i thought.. just confirmed myself here..but nice idea..worth the test.

Alright ...

for the benefit of doubt ..thus re-testing and testing suggestions aswell .. my final conclusion:

With LINEAR LUT and between 110%-125% "overall strength" MAGIC starts happening :)

I respect each one of you, as you are all dedicated "nerds" as i am.. but at the end, i only can rely on what i have "hands on" infront of me.

Last edited:
It's kinda depressing that a functional normal G27 has an 18% deadzone... no wonder people complain it has no feeling in the middle. I think my DFGT only has around 7% deadzone.

We use an automatic procedure to generate the FF default levels.

Why don't you have a slider in a tab in the car setups menu to adjust the FF multiplier, the one that's in the car.ini file? If people could do that in the setup and save it, it would stop you having to adjust the FFB Gain every time you change to a different car. Surely that's possible.

While I'm on it, also have a slider for the steering lock as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back