F1 2011 Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Folks,

Just wondering about the Logitech GT Force Feedback Wheel – I’ve been thinking about buying it for use with F1 2011 on PC.

I’ve read heaps of reviews, and I can’t afford a G25 or G27 right now, and I have been using a cheap joystick (Saitek Cyborg Flight Stick) reasonably successfully. I guess I feel I am missing out by not having my steering as a separate process from the accelerator and the brakes…etc…

I wanted to hear from people who are using it currently with 2011…

How’s the feel of the FF?

Does the unit feel like it could break at any moment?

What were you using before?

Did it improve your driving?

Cheers,
Dan

I got home today to a note in the mail saying that they tried to deliver it already! I will have to pick it up from the post office in the morning. Still can't believe it took from ordering on Sunday to be here by Tuesday. No wonder they have 100% feedback on eBay. And they didn't pester me like some sellers on eBay to provide positive feedback. Guess I'll have to be up early to try it before work :)

First impression of the wheel are all good. Definitely worth the money once you get your head around the best game settings for it. Bit of a steep learning curve getting used to the shifter in games like rFactor, speaking of which, does anyone have the same issue of the force feedback in rFactor flip-flopping from one side to another down the straights? It doesn't happen with all mods, but is kind of annoying because you can't drive one handed, unless you back off the FF. It just pushes from left to right instead of centering like it does in F1 2011. Any global settings for the FF that get rid of this?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back