LIVESTREAM: Blancpain Endurance Series Monza 3 Hours - Sunday 23rd April

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Blancpain Endurance Series 2017 - Monza 1.jpg

RaceDepartment presents full live stream coverage of the Blancpain Endurance Series Monza 3 Hours this Sunday 23rd April.

Blancpain Endurance Series 2017 - Monza.jpg

Blancpain Endurance Series Qualification: Sunday April 23rd 07:45 GMT / 08:45 BST / 08:45 CET
Blancpain Endurance Series Main Race: Sunday April 23rd 13:15 GMT / 14:15 BST / 14:15 CET

So let's have a look at what we have to expect for the upcoming races in a bit more detail below...

The Entry List
An incredible 53 cars are scheduled to hit the grid at Monza in what should be one of the tightest and most closely contested GT racing events of the year. Big names from the world of Formula One, GT and touring cars will take up the challenge of this iconic circuit in an attempt to secure valuable points towards the 2017 Blancpain GT Series drivers championship.

You can check out the full entry list for the Monza event HERE.

The Cars

• Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3
  • Audi R8 LMS and LMS Ultra
  • Bentley Continental GT3
  • BMW M6 GT3
  • Emil Frey Jaguar G3
  • Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Ferrari 458 Italia
  • Lamborghini Gallardo G3 Reiter
  • Lamborghini Huracan GT3
  • Lamborghini REX
  • McLaren 650S GT3
  • Mercedes-AMG GT3
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R
  • Porsche 997 GT3-R

The Calendar
01st-02nd April - Misano (ITA) – Sprint
22nd-23rd April - Monza (ITA) – Endurance 3 hours
06th-07th May- Brands Hatch (GBR) – Sprint
13th-14th May - Silverstone (GBR) – Endurance 3 hours
02nd -04th June - Zolder (BEL) - Sprint
23rd-24th June - Circuit Paul Ricard (FRA) – Endurance 1000kms
04th July Official Test Day - Total 24 Hours of Spa (BEL)
27th-30th July - Total 24 Hours of Spa (BEL) – Endurance 24 hours
25th-27th August - Budapest (HUN) - Sprint
15th-17th September - Nürburgring (DEU) – Sprint
30th Sept-01st October - Barcelona (ESP) - Endurance 3 hours

The Drivers Championship (after 2 of 12 races) - Overall Series

1. Maximilian Buhk, Franck Perera - HTP Motorsport - 33
  2. Vincent Abril, Steven Kane - Bentley Team M-Sport - 21
  3. Dominik Baumann, Jimmy Eriksson - Mercedes-AMG Team HTP Motorsport - 15
  4. Daniel Juncadella, Félix Serrallés - AKKA ASP - 14
  5. Christopher Haase, Romain Monti - Saintéloc Racing - 10
  6. Tom Blomqvist, Philipp Eng - Rowe Racing - 8
  7. Fabian Schiller, Jules Szymkowiak - HTP Motorsport - 6
  8. Jesse Krohn, Markus Palttala - Rowe Racing - 6
  9. Raffaele Marciello, Michael Meadows - AKKA ASP - 4
  10. Rob Bell, Andrew Watson - Strakka Racing - 4
  11. Mirko Bortolotti, Christian Engelhart - GRT Grasser Racing Team - 2
  12. Enzo Ide, Christopher Mies - Belgian Audi Club Team WRT - 1
  13. Jake Dennis, Pieter Schothorst - Team WRT -1
  14. Marco Mapelli, Giovanni Venturini - Attempto Racing - 1

Drivers Championship AM Cup

1. Daniel Keilwitz, Alexander Mattschull - Rinaldi Racing - 28
  2. Piti Bhirombhakdi, Carlo van Dam - Kessel Racing TP12- 24
  3. Michał Broniszewski, Giacomo Piccini - Kessel Racing - 20
  4. Jean-Philippe Belloc, Christophe Bourret - AKKA ASP - 15
  5. Kenneth Heyer, Yoshiharu Mori - Kornely Motorsport - 14
  6. Jean-Luc Beaubelique, Jules Gounon - AKKA ASP - 8

Drivers Championship Silver Cup
  1. Fabian Schiller, Jules Szymkowiak - HTP Motorsport - 33
  2. Nick Leventis, Lewis Williamson - Strakka Motorsport - 25
  3. Marko Helistekangas, Caitlin Wood - Reiter Young Stars - 19

You can catch all the racing here at RaceDepartment from 14:15 BST on Sunday 23rd April, live on your very own RaceDepartment.com

Keep an eye out at RaceDepartment during 2017 as we look to stream more live racing than ever before. It's going to be a great event and a great year ahead!

Drop a comment or two below about the third round of the 2017 Blancpain Endurance Series with your fellow community members and sit back and enjoy the broadcast :)

Happy viewing everyone!
Blancpain Endurance Series 2017 - Monza 3.jpg
Blancpain Endurance Series 2017 - Monza 2.jpg

Cheering on Emil Frey as usual, with two cars hopefully they can get better results this year.

Supporting the Lamborghini's as well :thumbsup:

Looking forward to Monza and making the trip to Silverstone in May, there won't be many people there (last year it was almost empty) but I enjoyed it nonetheless :)

Can't wait for this. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch it live but will catch it over the next few days
Looking forward to seeing this massive field battle it out on one of the greatest tracks in the world. Just wish I could be there live.

People getting worked up about "T1 incidents" in RD club races, while in Blancpain with the vast majority of the grid being professional race drivers, 10 (in words ten) cars are out of the race even before the first corner :roflmao::laugh:

Just shows again that people should take it easy if those kind of things happen in club races - especially with no physical damage done what so ever.

Yeah that was very surprising, all they had to do was take the penalty and they likely would have still scored a podium finish, not sure what they were thinking.

The team said afterwards that there was confusion with the communications within the team? I thought it was odd when one of the drivers said they took the penalty and still got black flagged. Very lucky though that no-one got hurt, although I'm sure there are a few bruised drivers this morning.

That was bad though, obviously it was accidental. Guy Smith is not the sort of driver to do that deliberately but the team really should have reacted immediately to the penalty, as mentioned above, get him in, do the 15 second penalty and get on with it. I felt he was actually very lucky with just a 15 second penalty. I really thought he was going to be disqualified on the spot.

Good race though and well done to the winners of each category, roll on Silverstone.

I cant believe he got the penalty, it was so obvious he took a nudge from behind, its the only explination for the snap oversteer he encountered. The stewards and directors wanted someone to blame and there lack of braincell's coupled with ignorance of car behaviour add a slice of egotism = Bently get the blame for somthing completely out of there controll. I juat wish he stayed out after the black flag in protest.

M-Bimmer

WhAt GoEs ArOuNd CoMeS ArOuNd
Was a crazy start but it is Monza and a clean start is sometimes rare :D.
Was a great race after all. Glad I could watch it along with the 6 hrs qualy race for 24 hr nurburgring :thumbsup:.

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
I can't get it live here in Malaysia. Says uploader has not made the video available to this country... :thumbsdown:
I had the same issue but remembered that Nissan streams most of the races they attend on their Nismo TV youtube channel.
I watched this one in live stream on Nissans Youtube channel, although the official Blaincpain stream gave me the you are in the wrong country buddy bull@#$ ;-)
Check out the Nismo TV Youtube channel - it is always worth a watch.

I cant believe he got the penalty, it was so obvious he took a nudge from behind, its the only explination for the snap oversteer he encountered. The stewards and directors wanted someone to blame and there lack of braincell's coupled with ignorance of car behaviour add a slice of egotism = Bently get the blame for somthing completely out of there controll. I juat wish he stayed out after the black flag in protest.

When I started to watch the live stream there was a bug in the video buffering and it played that very replay of the start incident over and over and over.
At around the 3rd or 4th replay my brain clicked and it was indeed very obvious that the Bentley got a substantial nudge to it's rear right corner, pushing exactly into the Lamborghini's direction.
This really was a collaboration effort by strange circumstances.
In my opinion the driver nudging the Bentley and the Lamborghini driver just not backing off when it got just too tight are more to blame on this one then Guy Smith in the Bentley who seemed to be a passenger here.
I understand the disbelief of the M-Sport team when they were informed about taking a penalty.

I admit though that their handling of this situation, letting it escalate towards a blag flag was unprofessional.
You are treated unfairly. You can argue with facts and logic, then you can kick and scream, but very latest when the race director makes certain to insist on that penalty you have to take that penalty and potentially sort out things later with race control.

You just cannot let it escalate like this. I felt sooo bad for the other drivers who didn't even get a stint - just look at Oliver Jarvis' facial expression when they were black flagged :-(

Thanks @menos | M6 totally forgot about Nismo. They don't have any country lock out for their live stuff. Just didn't remember.
Race was so action packed and battles raging throughout the 40 something field.
Really bad luck for Bentley but totally agree with you that they should have just taken it and would maybe still have got a podium.
Still got half the race to watch but this is going to be a great year for GT racing with Blancpain arguably some of the best racing of it's kind imho.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.2%
  • €3001-5000