LIVE STREAM: DTM at Zandvoort - 19th & 20th August

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DTM Zandvoort Live Stream 4.jpg

Germany's finest touring car series takes to the flowing turns of the Circuit Park Zandvoort this weekend, with live stream coverage available from practice through to race day!

Last time out at Moscow it was another impressive performance from long serving Audi driver and championship leader Mattias Ekström to extend his lead in the title standings, however it would be young charges Mario Engel and Rene Rast who would steal the show, displaying tenacity and race craft as they fought their way to the front of the field to take home the most coveted trophies at the conclusion of the weekend of racing.

DTM may be losing Mercedes backing at the end of next season, and the future of this great series might well look uncertain at present, however one thing is without doubt, the product out on the circuit continues to produce and entertain in equal measure.

Missed it last time out in Moscow? Worry not, catch up with our feature article and race reply here.

Qualifying (Race 1) - 19.08.2017 from 11:35 CEST
HERE

Race 1 - 19.08.2017 from 14:30 CEST
Qualifying (Race 2) - 20.08.2017 from 11:55 CEST
HERE

Race 2 - 20.08.2017 from 15:00 CEST

The Drivers Standings
  1. Mattias Ekström - Audi RS5 DTM - 113
  2. René Rast - Audi RS5 DTM - 112
  3. Lucas Auer - Mercedes-AMG C63 DTM - 99
  4. Jamie Green - Audi RS5 DTM - 87
  5. Maxime Martin - BMW M4 DTM - 78
  6. Mike Rockenfeller - Audi RS5 DTM - 73
  7. Marco Wittmann - BMW M4 DTM - 72
  8. Timo Glock - BMW M4 DTM - 70
  9. Bruno Spengler - BMW M4 DTM - 61
  10. Gary Paffett - Mercedes-AMG C63 DTM - 61
  11. Robert Wickens - Mercedes-AMG C63 DTM - 58
  12. Paul Di Resta - Mercedes-AMG C63 DTM - 53
  13. Edoardo Mortara - Mercedes-AMG C63 DTM - 41
  14. Nico Müller - Audi RS5 DTM - 36
  15. Maro Engel - Mercedes-AMG C63 DTM - 29
  16. Tom Blomqvist - BMW M4 DTM - 21
  17. Augusto Farfus - BMW M4 DTM - 6
  18. Loïc Duval - Audi RS5 DTM - 0

The Schedule

May 7th - Hockenheim
May 21st - Lausitzring
June 18th - Budapest
July 2nd - Norisring
July 23rd - Moscow
August 20th - Zandvoort
September 10th - Nürburgring
September 21st - Spielberg
October 15th - Hockenheim

You can catch all the action here at RaceDepartment from on Saturday 19th for qualifying and race one. Race two will take place on Sunday 20th from 15:00 CEST.

We have been covering plenty of live stream motorsport in 2017 and intend to continue. However you might be surprised about how we intend to do this going forward, but that's an announcement for another day..... ;)

Drop a comment or two below about the sixth weekend of the 2017 DTM touring car championship with your fellow community members, then sit back, relax and enjoy the broadcast

Happy viewing everyone!

DTM Zandvoort Live Stream 1.jpg
DTM Zandvoort Live Stream 2.jpg
DTM Zandvoort Live Stream 3.jpg

Last edited:
My weekend off work so I'll be tuning into these races, thanks for the reminder Paul :thumbsup:

The Moscow races we not quite as good as I was expecting but still good fun, need to make the most of DTM whilst it's still around in it's current form :)

No worries bud :thumbsup:

DTM might be on its arse soon, but keep the faith and it will come back stronger, especially now Gerhard Berger is in charge :cool:

Yes I think DTM will be around for a while yet but I can see the cars being made simpler with smaller capacity turbo engines (more road relevance) so I'm just enjoying these great racing machines whilst they still race :)

Listening to the Marshall Pruett podcast a few weeks back there was a great article about DTM. It's estimated that Mercedes spend 70-80 million euros a year on DTM so you can see why they felt enough was enough. The interesting point was about BMW. They were told at the time of signing into the DTM that the costs would be reduced once they joined, however that hasn't quite happened. The theory was that the DTM class might be turned into a highly developed GTE type car so it had more crossover appeal and reduced spending. So BMW fired a bit of a warning shot by creating the GTE version of the M8 and M6 as a gentle warning that if they don't get what they want they'll be off as well.

It's all conjecture of course but it does make sense and the general feeling in March was it would be BMW leaving not Mercedes so the announcement by AMG was a big surprise.

It's a shame, I loved the DTM cars from the 90's (the Alfas were just awesome) and the current cars are just as bonkers. Fingers crossed that Gerhard manages to get them agree to a package that helps everyone. :thumbsup:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 84 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.0%
  • €3001-5000